Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3d v4

Nope

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

It will completely change the way you think about flight simulation and indeed, the universe as a whole. The revolution is nigh. 

Alex

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It will completely change the way you think about flight simulation and indeed, the universe as a whole. The revolution is nigh. 

Alex

Good to know. Do you also happen to know which day it will be relaesed?

Thanks for sharing your insights, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Alex

It has been sometime now since we have seen any release of aircraft from the quality developers. Most are picking up a few bucks to feed the family making stuff for X-Plain. Me thinks that most P3d work is now looking forward to Prepar3d V. 4.0. I think it must be getting pretty close now. I don't know about a reveloution but it will pick up the traffic count. LOL Some will love it and some will hate it. Those still living in the basement of Mommy's house will complain for months that it cost to much. The old FS9 guys will remind us of the good old days when all add ons were free and the beat goes on. Then we have the group who complain that it won't run on their Walmart I3 special purchase from dell. :wacko:

PS. I did notice that the price of my favorite Popcorn has started to increase a bit which usually happens before a LM release. So yep getting close!!

• Upvote 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Ibtl.

LOL...Yep

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

20 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ibtl.

lol!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Good to know. Do you also happen to know which day it will be relaesed?

Mathijs Kok from AS mentioned this last week:

"With P3d V4 around the corner I doubt that to be honest".

That' was mentioned in reference to a question in the AS forum about updating a scenery compatible with P3Dv2 and not with v3 (KDAB).

It's not obviously a date, but it implies will be somewhat soon.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks Ed, I wasn't aware of this. Combined with LM's promises for the next (i.e. this) year we might indeed be not too far way.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Its still only Q1. I'm thinking Q3 if we are luck but more likely Q4 and that's about 7 months away.

5 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

Is this going to be a brand new engine moving away from FS9 engine?

Prepar3D v3.xxx was already far beyond the "FS9 engine...." :huh:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I agree with Avidean that Q3 is very likely. I am wondering with 2 other x64 sims nearing release, would LM decide to move their launch date forward?

A summer, "just around the corner," release would not surprise me.

just my .02c, of course.

Jazz

• Upvote 1