Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

JustFlight 787 Cancelled

20 hours ago, Gonemad said:

Conversely, the future of ESP based sims has been revealed: an eventual dead end.  DTG better take notice.

The latest news from DTG was that they are working on a 64 bit platform.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, they certainly are, in fact there is a Steam forum thread on it where you can voice your opinions/desires etc. News so far is that it isn't gonna have choppers in by default, on account of them not having anyone at DTG who knows much about choppers, airliners possibly (but most likely not), so, probably only GA aeroplanes by default, and that's cool because the ones in Flight School are pretty good.

So I would say such a decision on content makes sense, because the GA aeroplanes in all previous versions of Flight Simulator were about the only thing simmers would still fly, i.e. the FSX IFR Mooney is not bad and still a usable aeroplane, as is the Piper Cub, but when, if ever, was the last time you cranked up the default FS 737 or default JetRanger? You'd want something like a PMDG 737 or a Milviz Huey or Dodosim JetRanger if you liked realism where those sorts of craft are concerned, or at the very least something like the JF airliners, which do have an FMC, albeit a lighter treatment of one, along with a reasonable amount of systems simulation without going all FSL on the things lol. No VR implementation planned in the initial release apparently, since they are awaiting a clear hardware winner in that battle.

What we want is a good base platform which can make use of the general structure of FS, so that all the FS developers can get cracking on it fairly easily, but with 64 bit architecture, and leave all the fancy aeroplanes and super duper clouds and ATC to the third parties, and it seems that is what we're going to get.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Was for the lack of a 64 bit address space that sunk the JF 787 project?  Most likely a contributing factor, but consider too that running with a 64 bit address space does not increase the compute power (IPC) of a CPU beyond how it performs when running 32 bit, nor compensate for a program's poorly threaded execution model.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

2 hours ago, Gonemad said:

Was for the lack of a 64 bit address space that sunk the JF 787 project?  Most likely a contributing factor, but consider too that running with a 64 bit address space does not increase the compute power (IPC) of a CPU beyond how it performs when running 32 bit, nor compensate for a program's poorly threaded execution model.

It's also possible that JF made a decision similar to RealAir and their C172 project.  

With the QW 787 going into beta, JF may have felt that the market size wasn't large enough to support both versions.

Ernest Pergrem

19 hours ago, Chock said:

but when, if ever, was the last time you cranked up the default FS 737 or default JetRanger?

Al, a few years ago, after several weak attempts I came to grips with the fact I most likely will never work up enough enthusiasm to learn the complex systems of PMDG planes. The FSX navigation and systems of the default 737 is/are perfect for my interest level and purposes. With the terrific liveries available from guys like John Murchison I am content to fly those default and after market planes that track the GPS flight plans without an FMS. I am a casual simmer and that's that! Being retired and nearly 80, I spend about the same amount of time with FSX, and on the forums, as a lot of dedicated, so called, *hard core* simmers, and my enjoyment is no less. I don't post here much any more due I sense that AVSIM is mostly advanced simmers now days. I do enjoy reading the posts though and I can't tell you how happy I am to see you posting again. You are, and have been, one of the most knowledgeable, interesting and valuable resources here, and I hope you don't drop out of sight any time soon -- like you did a few years ago!! :angry:

Regards!

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Dammit... that's too bad!
Was/Is really looking forward to a good 787.

Still hoping for QualityWings (or PMDG) to come through...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The Quality Wings 787 is very likely to be a "study level" simulation of the aircraft, so it should be good.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png