A brief feature review and cockpit tour of the upcoming PMDG DC6 in P3D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice aircraft from PMDG. Wallet ready!.

Cheers, Ed

13 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Yessssssss.  This is what I have been waiting for.  :biggrin:

I have the DC-6 in X-Plane, and still get excited about these videos and photos of the upcoming aircraft in FSX and P3D.

Very instructional video, Chris. Learned a thing or two!

Thank you

Roberto

3 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

I have the DC-6 in X-Plane, and still get excited about these videos and photos of the upcoming aircraft in FSX and P3D.

You are going to fall in love with her in FSX/P3D for many reasons but the most surprising is how well she flies. The developers have somehow come up with flight characteristics that I find very realistic and pleasant to fly, in fact I love hand flying her VMC or IMC.  My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

1 hour ago, downscc said:

My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

Aw, c'mon Dan, stop it!

How much teasing can a guy take??

Looking forward to her arrival in P3D.

Roberto

Love everything I'm seeing, but especially love the VC.  The level of detail is beyond anything I've seen in a vintage aircraft, and I've seen a lot of them.  The swapped-in instruments and mismatched gauges are a wonderful touch - makes it clear this is a working aircraft, not an airshow queen.

12 hours ago, downscc said:

You are going to fall in love with her in FSX/P3D for many reasons but the most surprising is how well she flies. The developers have somehow come up with flight characteristics that I find very realistic and pleasant to fly, in fact I love hand flying her VMC or IMC.  My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

Do I remember correctly that Alexander Metzger had a hand in the flight dynamics?  If so, that's a clincher by itself.  I'd buy any aircraft with FDE by Alexander or by Rob Young sight unseen.

Really looking forward to this one.

Alan-

Alex indeed is the FDE author- and his work is superlative as ever.  

She's a smile inducing, sweat producing, forearm exercising, yet totally predictable handful on short final in the Aleutian spring. I broke out at Homer the other day, at minimums, and did my final letdown with cross controls constantly moving but the piano keys relatively motionless.  Only when I was done with the 25" MAP of reverse did I remember the trolly dolly had a honeydew list waiting.  For those several minutes preceding- I WAS AT HOMER putting down 67,000lbs of Long Beach metal.  Alex has another An-2 quality FDE here- and I think most already know of my love affair with his other piece de resistance.  

You will ascribe one more meaning to "California Dreaming." ;)

On 20/04/2017 at 10:34 PM, Olympic260 said:

Thank you very much Chris ! I guess these features apply to Fsx also ?

Regards,

Richard Portier