Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx just released the DTG killer...wow...

5 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Mitch is the king of hyperbole.

and drama

e.g. from LSZH (the question is about the terrain quality/res) between these two.

We've got two days before DTG release their update/ fixes so this is a good filler for now.

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Oh, dear......

This thread probably won't end well.....

Sesquashtoo, couldn't you have done something safer? Liked kicked a beehive, or jogged towards a momma bear and its cub?

You made my day...life on the edge, huh? :)

Ses

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

and drama

Does that make you then, the Queen?!?

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

Mitch is the king of hyperbole.

Let me show you my Coat of Arms, LOL

Labeling...oh dear...

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

something safer? Liked kicked a beehive, or jogged towards a momma bear and its cub?

:biggrin::biggrin:

Aerofly2? Has always looked way too tileproxy to me. And Orbx, while we just have to love 'em, they'll ride any horse that comes through town.

9 minutes ago, hypercide said:

Aerofly2? Has always looked way too tileproxy to me. And Orbx, while we just have to love 'em, they'll ride any horse that comes through town.

...except X-Plane horses :happy:.

Undeniably looks good, and of course you'll not have to worry about waiting for clearance to get on that beautiful runway for a couple of reasons. First up, you won't need to call for clearance because well, ATC are apparently all dead, presumably killed by vampires or some such since nobody is moving about during daylight (or night for that matter) and second, as you've surmised; you've evidently woken up 28 days after some kind of vampiric/zombie apocalypse, thus explaining why you are literally the only thing moving in the entire world, which is handy for VFR really, since you won't actually have to look out for any other traffic at all.

Don't get me wrong, Aerofly has plenty of good points and it is still technically not the release version, so like everyone else, I remain hopeful of what is to come for sure, but when a flight sim makes X-Plane's appallingly bad ATC look good by comparison, then one can safely say it's a long way from banging that final nail into any other sim' s coffin for anything other than a quick blast around the sky.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

LOL. You forgot one AF2 feature. No matter what date that you pick to start a flight at LOWI, it will always transport you into the future where climate change has "blessed" Europe with an endless summer.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one who feels like they are using a toy while flying in AF2?

Maybe it's the mobile-like menus, limited scenery, lack of "deep" aircraft, etc. etc. etc. currently available, but I just can't seem to get into it like I do MS or XP sims... 

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

the queen of drama will be determined by the number of exclamation points typed in forum posts. not sure I even come close to someone as proficient at that as you.

Although I may be personally unhappy with this being posted in the DTG/FSW forum (really no need) and the 3 pages of sniping back and forth (because it was started in the DTG/FSW forum), I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch how both AFS2 and FSW develop.

Both being EA, one had clearly focused on eye candy but lacks features. The other piggy backed old features and wins there but, sorry, completely blows right now graphically.

As I said, I'll watch both very closely and await their full release and make my choice. Until then, I'm gonna happily keep on FSX'n. :smile:

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

..but for now...this is where any further Ses-money is going.

Speaking of Ses-money...have you checked out the donation goals ticker for Avsim? Looks like they could use some help.