Skywolf

VR - Everything is Natively Clickable according JV

Hey,

Looks like everything is clickable in VR natively....the performance gain will be cool...though Flyinside does give me VR-SLI and that is quite epic performance too.  Very interesting times.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135405-prepar3d-v4-64bit-orbx-preview-4k-screenshots/?do=findComment&comment=1200598

I am uninstalling P3D3.4 right now (haven't even used it since March)

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you still need something such as trinus to send it to the headset?

I have it working on my Samsung, but the head tracking with opentrack turns the image sideways...

Will there be native vr support in p3d v4?

I cannot find much about it....

1 hour ago, bic said:

Do you still need something such as trinus to send it to the headset?

I have it working on my Samsung, but the head tracking with opentrack turns the image sideways...

31 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Will there be native vr support in p3d v4?

I cannot find much about it....

P3D v3 already has VR support... you didn't need anything extra. Thing is it was kind of "spectator" a d. Ow it will be clickabke/controllabke from the vr view. 

So, does that mean that Samsung Gear VR will work or is it only the Occulus Rift still?

13 minutes ago, bic said:

So, does that mean that Samsung Gear VR will work or is it only the Occulus Rift still?

I doubt you will (ever) be able to run P3D on a Samsung phone. :happy: You will need a Rift or Vive.

I guess no-one has a clue yet if the popup windows (like ATC) will be visible in VR??????????

I will be happy if I can fly and interact with the cockpit, just like is the case with DCS/Aerofly2. Don`t need much else.

VR... well, kinda makes it hard to look at my iPad...

8 minutes ago, turner112 said:

VR... well, kinda makes it hard to look at my iPad...

True, though there are EFB apps that let you look at charts and operating procedures etc. in-sim.  No idea if any are VR compatible yet, but it ought to be possible.  I would think a moving map would be possible as well.  

8 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

True, though there are EFB apps that let you look at charts and operating procedures etc. in-sim.  No idea if any are VR compatible yet, but it ought to be possible.  I would think a moving map would be possible as well.  

Oh, I'm sure - but I typically use my iPad to "fully simulate" what I'm doing in reality, but maybe eventually there will be some way to feed the iPad video out to a virtual, clickable screen :)   (if that doesn't already exist)

2 minutes ago, turner112 said:

Oh, I'm sure - but I typically use my iPad to "fully simulate" what I'm doing in reality, but maybe eventually there will be some way to feed the iPad video out to a virtual, clickable screen :)   (if that doesn't already exist)

There are iOS simulators so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.  The question is - is there enough of a market for such a product to justify development for a niche of a niche of a niche (people who want to use iPads in flight sim through VR)?

I don't think it necessarily has to be specifically for flight simulation - there are a ton of uses for being able to see/manipulate what's on your iPad / tablet in VR!