captain_adf

V4 Day One add-ons

Recommended Posts

If the winds of fortune blow favorably in my direction, by this weekend I might be loading up p3dv4 for the first time.  There seems to be a lot of consternation regarding what add-ons are and are not satisfactorily updated for V4.  The pinned updates thread hasn't been updated since June 10, so I'm hoping to gather some more current intelligence so I can stay focused on what will work and not waste time with stuff that doesn't.

I'd appreciate any guidance about the working or non-working status of these fine add-ons in V4:

Orbx base, vector, openLC

Active Sky Next

Rex 4 TD

Flytampa airports

Flightbeam airports

FSDT airports

Uk2000 airports

GSX

UT2

Vpilot


For the airports, I'm fine with disabling dynamic lighting if that's their only flaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

18 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Orbx base, vector, openLC

Active Sky Next

Rex 4 TD

Flytampa airports

Flightbeam airports

FSDT airports

Uk2000 airports

GSX

UT2

Vpilot


For the airports, I'm fine with disabling dynamic lighting if that's their only flaw. 

Here is the info as best I know on legit v4 installers ready today...

Orbx FTX Global - YES, LC - NO, Vector - NO, Norcal and Socal Regions - YES, HD Trees - YES, Everything else - NO

ASN - NOT EVER - You will need to upgrade to AS16, and still, not ready yet.

REX4 - NO

Not sure about the rest of your list.

Share this post


Link to post

AS16 is out in a Beta version, and seems to work OK.

 

Russ

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Orbx FTX Global - YES, LC - NO, Vector - NO, Norcal and Socal Regions - YES, HD Trees - YES, Everything else - NO

 

Have you seen anything from them about an ETA on Vector? Seems that would be a bloody high priority for them. I know Pilots makes it but you would think being under the Orbx mothership they would be flogging them to get it released.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Have you seen anything from them about an ETA on Vector? Seems that would be a bloody high priority for them. I know Pilots makes it but you would think being under the Orbx mothership they would be flogging them to get it released.

I follow their forum pretty closely and they give no ETA's, but it is a priority and it is certainly being worked on.

At least I have Global, HD Trees, and four A2A aircraft running great in v4. I can wait for everything else - REX, AS16, Vector, and the full Orbx Library.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

AS16 is out in a Beta version, and seems to work OK.

 

Russ

Thats good to know. Legit v4 installer, in Beta? I'll go grab it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Here is the info as best I know on legit v4 installers ready today...

Orbx FTX Global - YES, LC - NO, Vector - NO, Norcal and Socal Regions - YES, HD Trees - YES, Everything else - NO

ASN - NOT EVER - You will need to upgrade to AS16, and still, not ready yet.

REX4 - NO

Not sure about the rest of your list.

I have both openLC NA and EU installed and working normally in V4, are you sure it is not V4 compatible?

I downloaded and installed through FTX Central.

Hoang Le

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Hoang said:

I have both openLC NA and EU installed and working normally in V4, are you sure it is not V4 compatible?

 

My bad you are totally correct. 

I don't own those and they are not showing in my Central.

Apologies for the misinformation.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd also add PTA to your list, it's got a v4 version that works great.  And go ENVTEX as it's ready to go and looks awesome, I no longer use REX.  AS2016 is a free upgrade to AS4, which you will definitely want, and if able add ASCA.

Airplane wise add A2A and PMDG to your list and you are rocking and rolling! :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, captain_adf said:

If the winds of fortune blow favorably in my direction, by this weekend I might be loading up p3dv4 for the first time.  There seems to be a lot of consternation regarding what add-ons are and are not satisfactorily updated for V4.  The pinned updates thread hasn't been updated since June 10, so I'm hoping to gather some more current intelligence so I can stay focused on what will work and not waste time with stuff that doesn't.

I'd appreciate any guidance about the working or non-working status of these fine add-ons in V4:

 

Orbx base, vector, openLC  - Vector not working yet

Active Sky Next - Not working, you need to upgrade to AS2016 which is in open beta and works great

Rex 4 TD - have no a idea, i think it's working or patch is expected

Flytampa airports - all working, go to general forums and download P3D V4 patches

Flightbeam airports - i don't own them, but i belive they are compatible, i saw couple of threads about

FSDT airports - all working

Uk2000 airports - not working yet, updates anunced

GSX - working

UT2 - working, see Elaine's guide how to install

Vpilot - working

Share this post


Link to post

UK2000 working if you follow Gary's instructions in the UK2000 forum. Temp workaround untill updates released.

Share this post


Link to post

Why is there so much false info about Orbx Base, Vector and OpenLC? As far as I'm aware, Base and OpenLC are compatible. Vector isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Why is there so much false info about Orbx Base, Vector and OpenLC? As far as I'm aware, Base and OpenLC are compatible. Vector isn't.

Thats right.

BASE and OPEN LC is compatible, as well as all regions.

But Vector and all airports are NOT.

Share this post


Link to post

I believe that ALL of the Orbx regions are working in v4,not just NoCal and SoCal.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

I believe that ALL of the Orbx regions are working in v4,not just NoCal and SoCal.

That is correct. Vector and airports not yet.

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post

My additions

Chaseplane, urp1.1, MT6a with a simple file tweak

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

I believe that ALL of the Orbx regions are working in v4,not just NoCal and SoCal.

Hmm 2 days ago, only Norcal and Socal were available in my FTX Central.

Share this post


Link to post

Carenado & Alabeo updated some of their fleet.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now