Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

V4 Day One add-ons

If the winds of fortune blow favorably in my direction, by this weekend I might be loading up p3dv4 for the first time.  There seems to be a lot of consternation regarding what add-ons are and are not satisfactorily updated for V4.  The pinned updates thread hasn't been updated since June 10, so I'm hoping to gather some more current intelligence so I can stay focused on what will work and not waste time with stuff that doesn't.

I'd appreciate any guidance about the working or non-working status of these fine add-ons in V4:

Orbx base, vector, openLC

Active Sky Next

Rex 4 TD

Flytampa airports

Flightbeam airports

FSDT airports

Uk2000 airports

GSX

UT2

Vpilot

For the airports, I'm fine with disabling dynamic lighting if that's their only flaw. 

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Disregard.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

18 minutes ago, captain_adf said:

Orbx base, vector, openLC

Active Sky Next

Rex 4 TD

Flytampa airports

Flightbeam airports

FSDT airports

Uk2000 airports

GSX

UT2

Vpilot

For the airports, I'm fine with disabling dynamic lighting if that's their only flaw. 

Here is the info as best I know on legit v4 installers ready today...

Orbx FTX Global - YES, LC - NO, Vector - NO, Norcal and Socal Regions - YES, HD Trees - YES, Everything else - NO

ASN - NOT EVER - You will need to upgrade to AS16, and still, not ready yet.

REX4 - NO

Not sure about the rest of your list.

Just now, tamsini said:

Looks like an error in copy/paste in the above link. However, look at this: 

http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/

Yeah, I can't get my link to work right. Up in the stickies on page one there is a thread entitled "P3D V4 Add ons *UPDATES*" that I was trying to link to, but yours looks better!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

AS16 is out in a Beta version, and seems to work OK.

Russ

• Upvote 2

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

3 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Orbx FTX Global - YES, LC - NO, Vector - NO, Norcal and Socal Regions - YES, HD Trees - YES, Everything else - NO

Have you seen anything from them about an ETA on Vector? Seems that would be a bloody high priority for them. I know Pilots makes it but you would think being under the Orbx mothership they would be flogging them to get it released.

Eric 

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Have you seen anything from them about an ETA on Vector? Seems that would be a bloody high priority for them. I know Pilots makes it but you would think being under the Orbx mothership they would be flogging them to get it released.

I follow their forum pretty closely and they give no ETA's, but it is a priority and it is certainly being worked on.

At least I have Global, HD Trees, and four A2A aircraft running great in v4. I can wait for everything else - REX, AS16, Vector, and the full Orbx Library.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

AS16 is out in a Beta version, and seems to work OK.

Russ

Thats good to know. Legit v4 installer, in Beta? I'll go grab it right now.

11 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Here is the info as best I know on legit v4 installers ready today...

ASN - NOT EVER - You will need to upgrade to AS16, and still, not ready yet.

REX4 - NO

Not sure about the rest of your list.

I have both openLC NA and EU installed and working normally in V4, are you sure it is not V4 compatible?

I downloaded and installed through FTX Central.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 minutes ago, Hoang said:

I have both openLC NA and EU installed and working normally in V4, are you sure it is not V4 compatible?

My bad you are totally correct. 

I don't own those and they are not showing in my Central.

Apologies for the misinformation.

I'd also add PTA to your list, it's got a v4 version that works great.  And go ENVTEX as it's ready to go and looks awesome, I no longer use REX.  AS2016 is a free upgrade to AS4, which you will definitely want, and if able add ASCA.

Airplane wise add A2A and PMDG to your list and you are rocking and rolling! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, captain_adf said:

If the winds of fortune blow favorably in my direction, by this weekend I might be loading up p3dv4 for the first time.  There seems to be a lot of consternation regarding what add-ons are and are not satisfactorily updated for V4.  The pinned updates thread hasn't been updated since June 10, so I'm hoping to gather some more current intelligence so I can stay focused on what will work and not waste time with stuff that doesn't.

I'd appreciate any guidance about the working or non-working status of these fine add-ons in V4:

Orbx base, vector, openLC  - Vector not working yet

Active Sky Next - Not working, you need to upgrade to AS2016 which is in open beta and works great

Rex 4 TD - have no a idea, i think it's working or patch is expected

Flytampa airports - all working, go to general forums and download P3D V4 patches

Flightbeam airports - i don't own them, but i belive they are compatible, i saw couple of threads about

FSDT airports - all working

Uk2000 airports - not working yet, updates anunced

GSX - working

UT2 - working, see Elaine's guide how to install

Vpilot - working

UK2000 working if you follow Gary's instructions in the UK2000 forum. Temp workaround untill updates released.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.