lasnubes

The DC-6 in Prepar3d v4- Dynamic!

22 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

Prepar3d v4 is where I will spend my simulator time and treasure, and PMDG once again leads the way.

I am right along with you! 

zxyFUKz.jpg

The rain is streaming on the panes, the temps are icy, cowls shuttered tight, MAP back to 30", the cockpit heater turned up and we are STILL a tad high for NENANA at 14 DME..... how quickly one forgets manual descent planning, and how quickly do top-end's add up when one does..................... ;)

ftK8fcz.jpg

Here's the FE, looking up crossing the Tanana River.... headed for the Evert's ramp at Fairbanks.... can someone say, "Aaaaahhhhh Alaska Wx?"

BTW- did anyone notice the LIT UP RAIN streaming in front of the landing lights in the first piccie?

The DC-6 (and every other PMDG offering) is far lovelier in Prepar3D v4 than she ever was..... just stare at Jorge's photos of the NGX and you will see BEAUTY TO BEHOLD GALORE!

Looking forward to flying this monster!  Big Time!

Mark Trainer

I am looking forward to this more than the 737.  After all, I have the 777 and the 747 for modern airliners. I can wait for the 737

This is going to be a lot of fun for those who love flying, and may be just the spark that others need to fall in love with flying.  When I loaded the latest test build last night, my P3Dv4 was already in mute so it was very stunning when I hit the Q key.  It was 2300L and the cat was curled up on the rug nearby until the thunder erupted from the subwoofer.  Bring her up to 1800 RPM for mag check the first time and a smile is guaranteed.  I took her out for a "hundred dollar cup of coffee" up the road to Stinson Memorial San Antonio.  Followed Interstate 37 at 3000 feet and marveled at how good the Orbx world looks.  Took off from Corpus Christi at dusk and watched the Western sky glow diminish into darkness as I rolled along the scrub and hills North of Three Rivers.  It was a very enjoyable simulator session.

I recommend speakers as Carl did... doesn't have to be expensive.  The best speaker manufacturer in the world, in my opinion, is Klipsch and they went through a period of not so great but since the employees in Hope AK bought their company it has regained it's technical achievements.  Take a look at the relatively inexpensive Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified speaker system, which I got from Amazon for about $150.  It is worth of consideration if you don't have a 2.1 system...., of course they have a 4.1 system too but I'm happy with the 2.1.

7 hours ago, downscc said:

The best speaker manufacturer in the world, in my opinion, is Klipsch

I've got a set of Klipsch 2.1 and 4.1 systems so I'm glad to hear I am prepared and ready for the release of the DC-6. :biggrin: However, I think the proverbial $100 dollar GA aircraft coffee flight will be closer to a $1000 cup of coffee in the DC-6.  :laugh:

Ted Striker

10 hours ago, lasnubes said:

ftK8fcz.jpg

Here's the FE, looking up crossing the Tanana River.... headed for the Evert's ramp at Fairbanks.... can someone say, "Aaaaahhhhh Alaska Wx?"

BTW- did anyone notice the LIT UP RAIN streaming in front of the landing lights in the first piccie?

The DC-6 (and every other PMDG offering) is far lovelier in Prepar3D v4 than she ever was..... just stare at Jorge's photos of the NGX and you will see BEAUTY TO BEHOLD GALORE!

Looks like the engine parameters have been tuned a bit to match the published numbers more closely.  Good to see!

Been with Flight Sim since Sub Logic, and all versions. When Prepar3d V4 arrived. I built a new system and am all in for P3D V4. Haven't touched my all up FSX machine since.

Keeping the shiny side up....

Rob Roberson

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Looks like the engine parameters have been tuned a bit to match the published numbers more closely.  Good to see!

Mike, are you aware that your photobucket links in your signature are not working.  All we see are two big loud PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING messages shouted at us taking up about half the screen.  I though you'd like to know.

I'll be curious to see how this flies compared to the real thing - if you've ever seen Ice Pilots - you'll know where I did a bit of time - way back in the day!!  Not reflected in my forum signature though as it was far too long ago!

Looks great!

Do the dynamic lights also light up clouds?

Glorious!  Can't wait for this bird!!!

Thanks for posting.