Airbus A340 Pilot

PMDG 737 Classic

Recommended Posts

Hi PMDG,

I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG. I know, QW is working on the Classics but they stopped developing until release of the 787 and they will take another bunch of years to get the 737 out. i know, it´s not produced anymore but the classics were the first with new generation engines and not the old ones and they´ve been the "catalysator" for the known NG series of the 737. 

So of course, I know, PMDG doesn´t say, we will do it when reading this post. But maybe you could tell me, if you say, it´s possible, or no, we definitely won´t develop the Classic series, because it´s not built anymore and outdated. That would be very much appreciated;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Hi PMDG,

I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG. I know, QW is working on the Classics but they stopped developing until release of the 787 and they will take another bunch of years to get the 737 out. i know, it´s not produced anymore but the classics were the first with new generation engines and not the old ones and they´ve been the "catalysator" for the known NG series of the 737. 

So of course, I know, PMDG doesn´t say, we will do it when reading this post. But maybe you could tell me, if you say, it´s possible, or no, we definitely won´t develop the Classic series, because it´s not built anymore and outdated. That would be very much appreciated;)

PNDG don't normally respond to these kind of requests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be an instant buy for me. Personally I am more charmed with the 737 Classic (300/400/500) than with the NG / MAX. There is something about the "intermediate" (between steam gauges and full display gauges) aircraft like the 737CL, 757, 767, A300-600, A310, etc I really love. It automizes enough to make for relatively easy flying and keeps you busy enough not to get bored during the flight.

Would absolutely love to see this in PMDG quality.

Note on QW: I am sure that if they continue development (after the 787 is released) their 737CL will be an absolute great addon. Just wish they'd be a bit more clear on their intentions and planning with that aircraft. Feels to be a bit in indefinite limbo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

PNDG don't normally respond to these kind of requests

Did you mean PMDG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I only wanted to ask if there is any possibility to have a 737 Classic family from PMDG."

That would be great if they did the 737 Classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Did you mean PMDG?

Oops typed that on my phone at 7am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fwerff said:

Note on QW: I am sure that if they continue development (after the 787 is released) their 737CL will be an absolute great addon. Just wish they'd be a bit more clear on their intentions and planning with that aircraft. Feels to be a bit in indefinite limbo....

One thing you have to take into consideration is that the 737 was never originally a QualityWings project in the first place. That project had been started by Enigma Simulations and was eventually taken over by QualityWings along with their development team. At the time, both the 787 and the 737 were to be developed side by side by their respective teams. Since then, things took place that the development team got smaller (don't ask me what it is, as I don't know, and they didn't care to elaborate), and they no longer had the resources to be able to continue working on both projects at the same time. When you take that into consideration and the fact that they aren't even doing this full-time, you can see why it's taken them so long to get anything done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can forget about this, it's not going to happen. I belive new projects will be about 737 max, 787, 777X etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An eventual PMDG 737v3 would most likely be MAX and maybe NG with split scimitar winglets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fwerff said:

Would be an instant buy for me. Personally I am more charmed with the 737 Classic (300/400/500) than with the NG / MAX. There is something about the "intermediate" (between steam gauges and full display gauges) aircraft like the 737CL, 757, 767, A300-600, A310, etc I really love. It automizes enough to make for relatively easy flying and keeps you busy enough not to get bored during the flight.

Would absolutely love to see this in PMDG quality.

Note on QW: I am sure that if they continue development (after the 787 is released) their 737CL will be an absolute great addon. Just wish they'd be a bit more clear on their intentions and planning with that aircraft. Feels to be a bit in indefinite limbo....

Sure, it´ll be a great product and I hate QW for stopping the 737 development until 787 is released, but I think, the Classics should really get "remembered" in an addon with PMDG quality. I´m sure, every 737 product will sell very very good. Especially the classics. Remember all those people, born in a time when the classics were modern. Everybody of the aviation enthusiasts in this time would but the classics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope, that QualityWings will keep their projection/promise and launch their 787 this summer and that the Prepar3D V4 version will follow shortly after - but given that it's taken them SO long, I fear that a Prepar3D V4 version will take them 1-2 years... 

I agree, a PMDG 737CL would indeed be nice... Although, I more hope for a modern jet. I just don't really know what they would develop, to be honest... a 787 would be nice... other alternative are simply too new, that task of obtaining the necessary data would be impossible.

We'll see... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love to see the differences between people. I have to say, I love the 737CL cockpit so much more than the one of the NGs. 

Hopefully, QW 787 version for P3D won´t take them so long. And yeah, hopefully the 787 will come out this summer. They have to rush so that they won´t take theirselves so much time for the 737 as for the 787.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next to P3D V4 with the full PMDG fleet I also have X-plane installed. IXEG released their 737 Classic last week.
An absolute beauty with great flight model which runs very smooth in X-plane 11. Still in love with PMDG but I am splitting my time between to two sims.
Flying both sims with Oculus Rift. It feels like owning your own 737!

Jeroen de Bruijn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully agree the Ixeg 737 is a cracking simulation of what it feels like to operate and fly a transport catagory jet. 

Highly recommended and if your running the Pmdg NG then its a very similar standard minus a few of the failures but with xplanes better aero model so its a win win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

Fully agree the Ixeg 737 is a cracking simulation of what it feels like to operate and fly a transport catagory jet. 

Highly recommended and if your running the Pmdg NG then its a very similar standard minus a few of the failures but with xplanes better aero model so its a win win.

I only have Xplane10 ... but if Ixeg 737 finishes their aircraft and has active tech support / service packs / software fixes it might be enough for me to purchase Xplane11 and ixeg's 737.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to turn this thread into (yet another) Prepar3D vs X-Plane debate (we've had enough of that!), but I found a quite interesting post from Virtuali at their forums. his question which brought this answer, was regarding if FSDreamTeam, would consider developing for X-Plane.

The thread can be found here
I'm just bringing the quote from Virtuali below:

Quote

We don't have anything against X-Plane as such. But the problem is: it has been years they promised a better SDK, for example by supplying an official exporter for 3DS Max. This was announced when X-Plane 11 was in Beta to be released after the final release. This, alone would be a mistake, because you should release the SDK *BEFORE* the product gets released to the public. We had the P3DV4 SDK in our hands about 6 months before the product was even announced...that's how you do it.

Right now, the only option to export from 3DS Max to X-Plane 11, it's just an unofficial plugin made by some users, with 2 pages of docs. The rest of the SDK documentation is scattered through a number of unofficial websites, blogs posts and forum posts. 

Now, compare this, with the almost 4000 pages of the P3D SDK, all in the same place, always updated for each minor build, and professionally supported.

Be sure that, if X-Plane devs will come out with a proper SDK, starting with an exporter for 3DS Max made AND supported by the X-Plane devs, we'll surely have a serious look at it. And with "supported", I mean with a full documentation, an official developers forum not accessible to the public, were we could post questions, reports bugs, and get real feedback about it.

I don't have sufficient insight into the developmental challenges of this, to know whether or not the above is true... but it could explain why so many developers decide to stay clear of X-Plane. 

Also, I'm given to understand, that given X-Plane's way of distribute addons, makes it difficult to apply DRM or any kind of piracy protections. But again, I don't know if that's true either... some developers have managed to do it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be horrible!!!

Seeing PMDG developing a 737 classic and can not fly it later cause it´s for X Plane.

Please not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now