Sign in to follow this  
LucG

PMDG MD-11 v2

2 hours ago, LucG said:

I'm sorry that I just would like to see that pmdg remakes the md-11 guys

I think everyone would like to see that happen, but PMDG is firm about not wanting to do anything more with the MD11. 

I believe I seen somewhere that once ATS finishes their study level MD80 for X-Plane, that they will be working on a new MD11, which will be for X-Plane 11.

3 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

I think everyone would like to see that happen, but PMDG is firm about not wanting to do anything more with the MD11. 

I believe I seen somewhere that once ATS finishes their study level MD80 for X-Plane, that they will be working on a new MD11, which will be for X-Plane 11.

Rotate are also working on one already since it might be, erm, a while before ATS finish their MD80 :laugh:

That one's probably going to be your best bet unless a company on this side of fence announces one for P3D

• Upvote 2

Mark Fox

It's really too bad but that's how it goes.

The MD-11F is my most flown PMDG product. I also own all the 777's and 737's but the MD-11 is just so much fun and it's such a change of pace from the Boeing cockpit systems. It flies like a race car - slightly unforgiving, very sporty, and it looks good even when it's just sitting still.

• Upvote 1

I always keep FSX installed just for the MD-11!

Molly Norris

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

It is not ATS but Rotate, the announcement is here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122623-mcdonnell-douglas-md-11-by-rotate/

they promote this is going to be a full study sim day one. this means all systems, features and modeling as per the real thing. Lets see.. hopefully.

Manuel Merelles

56 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

It is both :happy:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106394-mcdonnell-douglas-md-11-md-11f-project-by-ats/

But odds are that we are going to see Rotate's MD-11 much sooner, although I don't expect it to be released before the end of 2018. I'm thinking 2019-2020ish

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mgeiss said:

Wow I thought these forums could be bad at times but 5 minutes in that forum was enough. The amount of pure disrespect towards developers and other members is unbelievable. If that's the way people act towards developers for X-plane, then it's no real wonder that the big FSX/P3D companies want to touch it, because I certainly wouldn't.

End note: I'm sure that the majority of X-plane users aren't like that and that most are respectful people, but that thread (even if it's just 1 thread in 1000), certainly didn't give it a good image.

Dear PMDG,

Can you please make the MD-11v2, just so we can stop begging, and so we can stop seeing these posts.

But mainly so we can stop seeing these posts. :laugh:

Thank you,

Edited by CX 747-400
  • Upvote 3

Just now, CX 747-400 said:

Dear PMDG,

Can you please make the MD-11v2, just so we can stop begging, and so we can stop seeing these posts.

Thank you,

The answer was, is, and will continue to be for the time being, no. If you want the reasons why, find the last MD-11 thread.

I know the reason there PMDG777. I was trying to be funny. You responded so quick that you did not give me a chance to finish editing my post.  :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, CX 747-400 said:

I know the reason there PMDG777. I was trying to be funny. You responded so quick that you did not give me a chance to finish editing my post.  :biggrin:

Oops :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I remember a while back that they were going to do a classic line. Seeing as how the DC10 is older than I am, maybe we can hold out a .01% hope! :)

As someone else said earlier in the thread; I kept my FSX install for the MD11. It's a great change of pace and I'm in and around them everyday I go to work. If I get a chatty crew, I'll even ask a few questions. However, with P3D v4 and no OOMs, I had to give FSX and the MD11 up.

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, CX 747-400 said:

Haha! :biggrin:

Besides I don't think such posts would go away, even IF PMDG would make a MD-11 v2.
You could just copy-paste your original post, and subsitute 'MD-11v2' with some other airframe... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

This is everywhere forum anywhere in this niche. Take a look at QW, LVL-D, Scenery developers, etc. There are always people demanding or being nasty. Then there are those who have a wish list and get ###### because they are ignored. Looking at most posts, it feels like the friendly environment is gone.