Sign in to follow this  
flightdeckjedi

Fast and easy GA plane

I just fly with Lancair Legacy recently,

Absolutely great addon, fast aircraft, beautiful virtual cockpit.

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

This is an old thread, meanwhile RealAir closed down, so their Lancair Legacy V2 can no longer be bought, see

But from what I have read the earlier version isn't bad either.

Personally I still often fly the Carenado C337 mentioned above, but for a single non-turbo prop engine I use the A2A C182, which has a bit more power than the C172, but is still quite easy to fly.

if looking for immerse really I thing you should look for A2A AP.

Carenado, well, I used the Bonanza F33A for few years a my main AP, but it's outdated, I have been flying the wonderful CT206H, but this is a Turbocharge. I think Carenado, which turn into Mess-Production AP Manufacturer, leg behind A2A when it comes to Flight dynamic, but they are graphically wise well "Textured" and if you have lot of "modules" (Saiteks, GF VRInsight, PFC, Etc) they wouldn't not make your life miserable trying to make them functional. 

Cheers

This is an old thread, but I like the Carenado Malibu Mirage the most.  It is easy to fly, fast, (210 KTAS at fast cruise), and lands nicely with good ground effect.  Framerates are excellent in the VC.  It has great visuals inside and out. And it has steam gauges which I like the most.  The sound is the only weak point I think.  It's one plane that can fly a lot of missions, like SFO to LAX, or SFO to LAS, RNO to APC and so on.

John

16 hours ago, ferdiiskandar said:

I just fly with Lancair Legacy recently,

Absolutely great addon, fast aircraft, beautiful virtual cockpit.

I split this from the 4 year old post you chose to dig up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Funny thing is there aren't many more fast addons to chose from.  I think the choice of sims and constant updates for them has slowed developers from making new aircraft.  

Carenado is basically the only developer to make new speedy addons

Milviz, Eaglesoft and A2A appear to have some in the pipeline.

it may not be an easy plane but FSW and XPJets have both done learjets- they're fast GA .

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

An oldie but a goldie. One of my favourites and it's freeware.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

When I want to fly a fast and easy to fly GA single, there's really only one choice, and that's the Lionheart Bellanca Viking. 20,000+ service ceiling (higher if you are feeling adventurous and use oxygen, which is included as an animation on the pilot and passengers), 1,200 mile range, well over 200 mph cruise speed, courtesy of the real thing being a light and very strong fabric and steel tube four seater airframe equipped with a 285 hp engine and retractable gear. It's a pocket rocket but handles like any other forgiving GA single. Has a great VC too. You can't go wrong.

Works fine in FSX, FS2004 and P3D V4 too. Only costs $12.95 and is worth every cent of that. Sure it's not the most detailed 3D model ever, but it still looks pretty good and gets ballistic frame rates.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, Chock said:

When I want to fly a fast and easy to fly GA single, there's really only one choice, and that's the Lionheart Bellanca Viking. 20,000+ service ceiling (higher if you are feeling adventurous and use oxygen, which is included as an animation on the pilot and passengers), 1,200 mile range, well over 200 mph cruise speed, courtesy of the real thing being a light and very strong fabric and steel tube four seater airframe equipped with a 285 hp engine and retractable gear. It's a pocket rocket but handles like any other forgiving GA single. Has a great VC too. You can't go wrong.

Works fine in FSX, FS2004 and P3D V4 too. Only costs $12.95 and is worth every cent of that. Sure it's not the most detailed 3D model ever, but it still looks pretty good and gets ballistic frame rates.

Why does Lionheart say,  that this is FS2004 only?

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Viking.html

Bert

I did the FSX conversion of the Viking for Lionheart and in the process did some improvements to it over the FS9 version. It was a fun project and I enjoyed working with him. At some point a few years ago he pulled it from the market and all I got from him was that it had something to do about a "technical issue". At the time I decided to let it go. I have no idea why it is no longer available.

Not sure why Lionheart have it as FS2004 only. I know it works on FSX/FSX-SE, P3D and FS9 because I've got it in all of those. It list it on Flightsimstore and simmarket as FSX compatible, and that it most certainly is, and since it is on those stores, I presume you can still buy it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe Lionheart doesn't was to bother providing support for it?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Brett Henderson has a Beech V35. With a bog standard cockpit sounds installation (cockpitsounds_v2.zip) and a suitable soundset for the IO-520-B (can't remember which one though), it'll provide anything you want. Since Brett has experience in the real one, the flight dynamics are also quite realistic. Throw RealEngine into the mix and you'll have yourself an operational challenge to boot.

Same applies to FSND's C310Q. Or Rob Richardson's Cessna 310s*.

* http://robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page4.html

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The Carenado Beech V35 is a nice aircraft, which I fly from time to time.  When I was a boy I just loved the V35, looked like a bird with the V-Tail.  I don't know if a V35 feels different from a non V-Tail GA aircraft.  I also like the Alabeo Cardinal although it is not as fast as the Mirage or V-35.  I like it because the Cardinal just has a modern look with the cantilever wing and the steeply raked windscreen.  Also I like the 337, a nice twin with its centerline thrust, great forward visibility.  I wish Carenado would have modeled the pressurized version, it would have filled a niche in the GA arena.

LIonheart's Epic LT is a great GA aircraft, easy on the framerates and top notch speed at 320 KTAS, 400 KTAS if you get a good jetstream tailwind.  It is streamlined, looks very sleek in the air, and is available for FSX and FS2004 too.  It's almost as fast as a low end Citation, fun aircraft.  But for me the Mirage is still tops, it just flies well and does greaser landings with good forward visibility on approach with full flaps.  It has a short ground roll for both takeoff and landing, good brakes.  I had to adjust its aircraft.cfg because it had a tendency to do a sharp turn to the left when the brakes were applied.  I made a minor adjustment to the gear settings to fix that problem.

Too bad the Bellanca Viking is no longer available, I would have liked to try that aircraft.  Alabeo has just released the Mooney Ovation, which is probably the fastest normally aspirated single add-on for FSX.

John