itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

Hello PMDG AVSIM Forum

I want to know what will be the next airplane ?

Waiting for an answer 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They don't announce these things, but from what is known, they are at the very least working on a Boeing 747-8. They don't provide release dates, either.

• Upvote 2

itay5344, you do not have to wait for an answer... you can find them yourself. From PMDG posts, their next airplane(s) are the B747-8 and the JS41. The search function is your friend.

1 hour ago, itay5344 said:

I want to know what will be the next airplane ?

Not even god knows my friend.

• Upvote 2

Just now, pedrotrindade said:

Not even god knows my friend.

Oh I'm sure he does... But as he must be a sadist for obvious reasons he won't tell anyone... ^^

2 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

We believe in PMDG! ^^

I would except they've already stated that it won't happen.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I would except they've already stated that it won't happen.

Nothing is written in stone in the free market...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Nothing is written in stone in the free market...

Also true. I would absolutely love to have a new MD-11 as UPS is life but I just don't know if they'd be willing to do it at this point.

Unfortunately, since Level D announced thirty five years ago that they'd be making a Westland Woodpigeon, which is due for projected release in Q3 of 2035, PMDG have agreed not to develop a Woodpigeon themselves. They will instead now be making a Royal Aircraft factory BE9, which was of course every bit as brilliant an aeroplane as the Woodpigeon.

PMDG boss RR was quoted as saying: 'Well, with our development team honed to perfection after years of tackling really complicated airliners which as you know, take absolutely ages to make, we estimate that, what with the BE9 being fairly simple in comparison, if we start development work on the BE9, ooh, let's say after lunch, we can probably expect it to be ready for beta testing by I dunno, let's say about half past eight that same evening.'

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Unfortunately, since Level D announced thirty five years ago that they'd be making a Westland Woodpigeon, which is due for projected release in Q3 of 2035, PMDG have agreed not to develop a Woodpigeon themselves.

Must have been some seriously intense conversations leading up to that decision.  Perhaps they will make an actual pigeon.

I hope they finish the 777 line with a -200ER... At the moment the RR Trent 800 howl is sorely lacking in the flight sim world.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

What about a 787?  It seems like a logical progression to me. :mellow:

Meh...too much automation equals bordom...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

+1 as the -8 will already have some features of the 787 inside (if they simulate all of the features)
And the 777-X is far away from a simulated version. 737MAX could be another option (together with a overall remake with all new technics of the 747)

22 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Meh...too much automation equals bordom...767?

As I am about to embark on a not so much planned for extended break from simming, I'll cast my vote for something that should be gracing the heavens by the time I get back into the hobby, NCC1701E. That or a Death Star, I'm not picky.

43 minutes ago, ClearedtoLand said:

NCC1701E

I will take the NCC1701D too.

I hope PMDG makes updated 737 v2

If I recall, their data suggests that their customers want automation and glass cockpits above anything. The data on the Max simply doesn't exist yet. The -8 has a variant of the same engines found on the 787 so it would be logical for the 787 to be the next step. Although I do recall RSR saying that they'd take a break after the -8 then double back for a 777 or 737 expansion so I don't know which order the possible 787 or Max will be in with regards to the possible upcomimg expansions.

You have to bear in mind that QW have a 787 coming out for FSX and P3D pretty soon, and whilst it might not have every switch and button working, it is apparently fairly comprehensive, and that means it might not be the wisest choice to be banging one of those out after people have already bought one for 60 quid. but of course their FSX 737 NG and their P3D one came out after iFly had theirs out and it didn't harm sales that much, so who knows?

Although PMDG do have a bit of a reputation for doing Boeing stuff, they have of course also made an MD11, Jetstream, Beech 1900 and a DC-6, so they do tackle other stuff, and there are quite a few less well trodden ones they could go for which have not been done to any high level, for example the Embraer jets, or the Sukhoi Superjet, or one of the many business jets, or a turboprop such as the ATR-42/72, or a SAAB 340 or some such. Then again, they could also go back and have another stab at the Boeing 757 and 767, which they have made in the distant past.

Personally, I'd like to see them do a classic jetliner such as a Convair 880 or a DC-8 or DC-9, but I doubt they would consider it because most people want that glass in the cockpit and an FMC. That said, I reckon if they made a DC-3 it would be a no brainer purchase for everyone since it is the best aeroplane ever made, and so I wouldn't put it past them to do so, particularly since we know the boss is a bit of a fan of the thing.

• Upvote 1