Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

People say "what's so good about the VC?" Well it's hard to put in words. I would say, only my opinion of course, is that it looks real and not rendered. hard to explain but here is one of the VC at night.

Every light that is designed to be set to your likening can be set to how you like, not just on or off.

I think unlike in the day time this VC at night is stunning. I think the Airbus cockpit is just bland in real life.

lights.jpg

• Upvote 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nice one Dave! Gonna try that PA tip tomorrow, I didn't even think of doing stuff like that. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

17 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Just ran the P3Dv4 installer but after a re-start, do not see it listed in Select Vehicle. Am I doing something incorrect?

Run P3Dv4 as admin.

28 minutes ago, hawkhero said:

I have one question, does this come with documentation? 

Of course, it does come with documentation, including an installation guide, an introduction guide, a normal procedures guide, a flight checklist, and a basic tutorial.

Also check out these video tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/playlists

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

23 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Nice one Dave! Gonna try that PA tip tomorrow, I didn't even think of doing stuff like that. 

Why would you mate, you have a lot to learn but knowing you it will not take long.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I'm sorry, but.... $140??? What is so special about it that I am missing?? It better be PMDG quality or better for that price...

PMDG does not (I repeat.. does NOT) develop Aibuses. They only have the skills for Boeings. Airbus is in a totally higher league, which FSL has been the only developer capable (I repeat, capable), of developing an Airbus to the highest standards. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, joemiller said:

PMDG does not (I repeat.. does NOT) develop Aibuses. They only have the skills for Boeings. Airbus is in a totally higher league, which FSL has been the only developer capable (I repeat, capable), of developing an Airbus to the highest standards. 

I find it funny how PMDG birds cost only 5 dollars less as well. They've blown PMDG out of the water in every aspect so far. Competition is good, it'll force them to up their game to regain their previous title of top dog in aircraft in flight sim.

• Upvote 6

Some of the PMDG vs FSL comments here are not particularly accurate.  Let me say up front that I own the FSL A320 (FSX, P3D v3 and now v4.1).  I also own the PMDG 737, 777 and 747 for P3D (and previously the 737 and 777 for FSX).  To make a fair comparison you need to compare the products released around the same timeframe.....so 747 vs. A320 in terms of features, VC, etc, etc.  I honestly think they are both very close in terms of VC and model quality.  The systems are in depth for both products and to say one company has out programmed another in the systems is just nuts as these are very different aircraft.....if the 747 is actually simpler than the A320 from a computer logic behind the scenes perspective then are you asking PMDG to program the 747 to a level of complexity that does not exist in the real aircraft?  They are both awesome sims and I recommend them both.  I still give PMDG the edge for the OC and ease of micro-updates and livery management.  I also think they have way more carrier options available.  The huge downside to the LDS A320 is no SDK for development of FS2Crew....I hope that changes soon.

• Upvote 10

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

FSLabs simulate accurately almost all systems. PMDG simulate accurately almost all systems. FSLabs has developed bonus little features that add to the immersion that does not make it a better simulation. If PMDG chose to model an Airbus you can be sure they would get the systems right just like FSLabs have.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, joherszch said:

Run P3Dv4 as admin.

Did that. Still not showing. When I run the installer it puts the files in User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, and the Documentation in Program Files, but still no options in Select Vehicles.

Should I direct it to the Root Folder(P3D)?

4 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

As suggested above, maybe try an unlimited frame rate setting? 

I only run unlimited as it gives me the smoothest results.

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

Thanks for yours posts, its encouraging to see that there's not that much difference between ngx and fslabs plane. I also use slightly lower settings to you, so you may have convinced me to get this bird now.

Unfortunately the performance is going to be a limiting factor for me.  Definitely harsher than the NGX on my system and I'm going to struggle to fly this in/out of major airports.  Most add-on major airports I can only about about 10-14 FPS.  My NGX will struggle at heavy places like JFK, but usually still be 20-22 FPS.  I'm sure going to enjoy it, but I'm going to have to focus on smaller airports like some of the Orbx regional ones were I can get a more reasonable mid-20's.  I'll be paying careful attention to performance tuning for this one, but general sliders didn't seem to make much difference. Not much more than about 2 fps for LOD, autogen, and/or traffic. 

Eric Szczesniak

I am seeing roughly 30-40fps at 3840x2160 resolution sitting at FSDT KLAX V2. Forgot to show the FPS counter in the 2nd screenshot.

De4qM8y.jpg

j2L6rMs.png

• Upvote 1

--Sean Hart