Nuno Pinto

BBS Airbus Xtreme Prologue 0.87.5 released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Blimey. That things been prologue since what 2010?? And it's equally as 💩 as the Crj.

What did they "fix" in this new version? 

• Upvote 1

No idea, there should be a log posted in the next 24h. I sincerely have no hope these will ever fly properly. Same with the other one you mentioned, but that's another story.

27 minutes ago, tooting said:

Blimey. That things been prologue since what 2010?? And it's equally as 💩 as the Crj.

Well, it is Dad and Dave from the "Dog & Lemon" software compny.

• Upvote 1

I bought the A320 and the widebody series back then (for the full, high prices), and I’m not even receiving the update notification emails anymore! But to be honest, I don’t care at all, I’ve just given up to hope for a decent and complete product a long time ago... 

1 hour ago, tooting said:

What did they "fix" in this new version? 

Glad you asked.

1 hour ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Well, it is Dad and Dave from the "Dog & Lemon" software compny.

:biggrin:

Ermmm.  Pass

This seems like a desperate attempt to get an A330 to market before anyone else does.  V 0.85?  I know it's a prologue but give me a break.    For an Airbus to work properly, it has to work properly.  A 15% incomplete Airbus is a very broken Airbus.  Unfortunately, BBS have a rusty reputation when it comes to prologue aircraft.  

• Upvote 1

Funny how they went from 0.75 to 0.80 to 0.85 and now to 0.85.x lol.

Seems like an attempt to earn some time :P

These guys were once a reputable company pushing the envelope of what was possible in Flight Sim; now, they're a joke.

49 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Funny how they went from 0.75 to 0.80 to 0.85 and now to 0.85.x lol.

Seems like an attempt to earn some time :P

It's actually 0.875.I installed and tested and they ( all  a31/a32/a3/a34 )  seem to be  ok.

22 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

These guys were once a reputable company pushing the envelope of what was possible in Flight Sim; now, they're a joke.

No they weren't. When they were pss They charged for repaints then closed down the servers and everyone lost their products.

Then they started bbs after doing a runner to Malta and started this pay to beta rubbish which we've had to endure from various other developers after they got away with it.  The standard of some products suddenly dropped after they pulled that trick.

I'f anymore deserves the gold medal of dodgyness and dirtyness its these 2 cowboys 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

It's actually 0.875.I installed and tested and they ( all  a31/a32/a3/a34 )  seem to be  ok.

For P3D v4?

8 minutes ago, tooting said:

No they weren't. When they were pss They charged for repaints then closed down the servers and everyone lost their products.

Then they started bbs after doing a runner to Malta and started this pay to beta rubbish which we've had to endure from various other developers after they got away with it.  The standard of some products suddenly dropped after they pulled that trick.

I'f anymore deserves the gold medal of dodgyness and dirtyness its these 2 cowboys 

You're referring to their 757; however, before then, they produced the best 777, DASH-8 and Airbuses available on any flight sim platform.  It's unfortunate they devolved into what they've become today; seriously, I don't know why any would support them.  

I purchased the heavies in hopes it would be something flyable. Well, i got my answer back then and it seems nothing changed until now unfortunately :(

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Affirmative, and I toss in also an Olympic world championship medal.

People will soon be able to buy the AS A320 Pro, or can buy FSL A320.

There is no need to even look at another version unless you fly XP.

2 hours ago, tooting said:

they were pss

Well, remembered:biggrin:

I  am downloading this as we speak.  I believe it would be more productive if users that actually own and use the product make constructive specific comments so that a. potential users know what does not work or does work and b. the developers can continue to improve it.  I will document any issues as I fly.  No need to bash a company.  Your wallet can do that.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

I  am downloading this as we speak.  I believe it would be more productive if users that actually own and use the product make constructive specific comments so that a. potential users know what does not work or does work and b. the developers can continue to improve it.  I will document any issues as I fly.  No need to bash a company.  Your wallet can do that.

There are some of us who have been around for years watching BBS and their half baked aircraft.  I don't think any aircraft  was ever fully completed and working - ever.  When they were Phoenix Simulations, they were the bees knees (at the time).  Not sure what happened after that but they have trashed their own reputation.  So, I would take note of the commentary here unless 40 EUR is no issue.  But I would not invest faith in them using constructive criticism to deliver the final fully working product.  This is at best a probationary re-entry, so for their sake, I hope they pull it off.  But not with funding from me.

• Upvote 1

This ranks right even with me giving money to some chap in Nigeria. Not going to happen.

• Upvote 2

I bought the widebody package on sale for very little and actually didn’t mind the last iteration in v3 other than a few engine sound issues and not being able to import a flight plan.  Frankly the a330 is passable and it’s the only a340 you’re likely to ever see for p3d.  Does anyone know yet if anything has been improved or if the work was just to get it into v4?