Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 for P3D 4.2 Released

I just updated the A320 to the new version. Although I did not do extensive testing, I can say I didn't see any improvement to frame rates. I believe I saw a slight decrease in FPS.

Now, this was not a scientific test and, probably, my experience was stained by expecting some noticeable difference for the better. I didn't not clear out my cache folder or fly more than once. I did pick a very FPS heavy flight (LOWI with dense clouds).

I did not allow the installer to change my P3D settings; it wanted to switch my anti-aliasing to MSAA and do something about affinity mask values.

The external sounds are awesome. The internal sounds seemed more muted or subdued. Overall, it was mostly the same and I was glad to fly it. I'm sure changing anti-aliasing to MSAA would increase FPS values, but I didn't buy a 1080ti to run with MSAA.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

17 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I finally downloaded it. Uninstalled the original and reinstalled. I also uninstalled all the other folders - so basically a clean install. Restarted. I load up the default plane as usual, then choose FSLabs A320, preview seen, runs the loadup small screens but will not continue. Just hangs up then finally crashes. Anybody have this?

I would ask if you disabled antivirus during install. And, if you have made the C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files as excluded folders in your AV.

I have the same kind of problem when I didn't do these two things. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I would ask if you disabled antivirus during install. And, if you have made the C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files as excluded folders in your AV.

I have the same kind of problem when I didn't do these two things. 

I disabled antivirus completely. I'm getting no problems loading PMDG, Carenado planes, CS 757, just this plane.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Well my experience has been positive. I did flights between T2G LFPG, a foggy T2G EDDM, and Aerosoft/Simwings EDDF and I’m getting about 30-40 FPS in the VC at those airports. Most importantly the long frames every second or so I had in the last version are gone. I used to have a custom config profile for the A320, but now I’m able to use the same profile as I do for the PMDG aircraft.

Brian W

KPAE

Same here. Did two flights (CYYC-KDEN and EDDF-EDDM) and performance is definitely improved over the last version. Still not on par with the NGX but much better than before. Happy camper here. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

20 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I disabled antivirus completely. I'm getting no problems loading PMDG, Carenado planes, CS 757, just this plane.

I was contacted for support on this plane - the installer seemed to be making mistakes putting foreslashes in file paths where they should be backslashes. Maybe worth checking to see any file paths are described properly in the setups before attempting to run it.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I was contacted for support on this plane - the installer seemed to be making mistakes putting foreslashes in file paths where they should be backslashes. Maybe worth checking to see any file paths are described properly in the setups before attempting to run it.

Ok I'll give it a look. I have opened a support ticket as well.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

FYI - after 5 months of waiting for this patch, the AOC up link feature with PFPX is still broken if you use pounds.

After about 4 installs not once did I get a configuration pop up window is this a course of concern?

And an using SSAAx4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

After about 4 installs not once did I get a configuration pop up window is this a course of concern?

And an using SSAAx4

I haven't seen it either.

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

And an using SSAAx4

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I haven't seen it either.

Could be you are already running optimum configs. Am on low-end hardware hence the prompt.

Out of curiosity, what driver versions are you running for your video cards?

I'm running Ge Force 390.65 and about to wade into 390.77 just to test. Should be doing a full-reinstall early next week.

Kind regards

15 minutes ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Could be you are already running optimum configs. Am on low-end hardware hence the prompt.

Out of curiosity, what driver versions are you running for your video cards?

I'm running Ge Force 390.65 and about to wade into 390.77 just to test. Should be doing a full-reinstall early next week.

Kind regards

That could be it. I'm on 388.13.

52 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

FYI - after 5 months of waiting for this patch, the AOC up link feature with PFPX is still broken if you use pounds.

You kidding me? The bloody plane FMGC crashes if you import a PFPX plan with lbs? 

Eric 

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Just "tried" to do my first flight an "easy" one from LSGG (to does not matter) easy meaning easy as LSGG is easy on FPS etc.

Well. I have never been more disappointed.

Performance was horrific. 24-18- even down to 12. I stopped the flight even before 10,000ft. 

I loaded up the PMDG to see if it was v4.2, nope FPS were smooth and stuck on 30 FPS my upper lock setting I use 24 fps with the FSL.

Never in my time have I felt so (word not allowed) how I feel. it's not even on a par from the last version. 

The only thing was the nice MCDU updates and sounds were great, but it mean very little if its now INOP to fly.

I also after the test with the NG reload the FSL to try just to see if it was a one off. No just a stuttering mess.

I will post over at there forums see if they have an idea.

So as it stand my beloved Bus is INOP am simply not using an aircraft that FPS jump around from anything from 8-24 and shows 14-18 a lot.

I’ve had not quite as bad an experience but it definitely is not performing as good as 4.1 that’s for sure. At the moment, somewhat disappointed. 

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024