Sign in to follow this  
Nicola Facione

Loading Texture p3d

Hello to all And 2 days I have this problem and I can not solve it ... it's really annoying, I'm already 3 flights that I can not do for this bad problem, I entrust to you that they told me it's a good forum, I really ask help to solve this problem, I'm even willing to pay to fix I'm annoying error, I am attaching photos of the problem (then shortly after landing, I open the replay and slowly slowly begins to load the textures ..)oFzndX3.pngTSrY8Fg.jpgLRzDqFQ.jpg

Hello Nicola,

Welcome to avsim.

"I open the replay and slowly slowly begins to load the textures" this is all CPU...i bet if you pause the sim, the textures are loading also!

whats your CPU?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

4,2? put some OC on that, stay in safe temps, lock your frames(internal in P3d) and you'll see those textures loading like magic!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Nicola,

I am not sure if I understand your problem, I don't think the pictures described it well.

Maybe a video and a better explanation? 

Also please indicate all your hardware, current display settings and add-on's in use.

Regards,

Simbol 

If you have an affinity mask setting in your CFG, try deleting it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, simbol said:

I don't think the pictures described it well.

Those pictures are a perfect example of blurry ground textures (long known problem for p3d).

I'm afraid you didn't notice that?

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Also please indicate all your hardware, current display settings and add-on's in use.

I agree with you 100% on that, but blurry ground textures on p3d is on for such a long time and apparently they don't care fixing this issue despite how many people are complaining.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Well I don't have any blurry textures whatsoever, neither many other users.

And on your first point, P3D will display differently on many systems depending of the user hardware limitations and the settings defined by the end user.

However the OP in question is complaining about slow textures loading and forgive to say but such thing cannot be appreciated from a picture unless you show me  photograph Harry Potter style.

S.

6 hours ago, Nicola Facione said:

I7 7700K 4.2 GHZ :)

That CPU should be just fine, if coupled with a decent GPU, like a GTX 1070 or such.

What you are not telling us, are the circumstances when these blurry textures appear..

Are you using an accelerated simulation rate? Or are you slewing your airplane, or changing views when this happens?

Bert

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Well I don't have any blurry textures whatsoever, neither many other users.

Simbol, I have to disagree about blurry textures, yes many people are complaining about it and if you would search the internet you'll find pages over pages about this issue.

But to be fair, would you be so kind and publish your settings? Perhaps myself and many other users can learn from you and eliminate those blurry textures. That would be very beneficial for everybody suffering from this issue.

As you can notice from my signature my PC specs are listed (pretty acceptable computer), please  pause Baron at 8,000 Ft over TEB on HDG of 130 towards JFK that is located at about 18NM, you cannot see JFK airport also notice blurry textures close to KJFK.

When in real world we fly into JFK at FL190 inbound LGA and ABM TEB before we get radar vectors for landing in JFK, you can see clear the airport from that distance as well on XP11, unfortunately not on p3dv42. I'm using this example because I'm familiar regarding what I have to see as a distance to compare to what it should be, and also I can compare with other sim that does it right in this situation.

So your help will be greatly appreciated by everyone who's got this issue.

My settings original p3d.cfg file no tweaks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk34jsb7snibqi8/world.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e8dirhw1imjvwl/options.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urbnyp2l6qm77jd/lighting.PNG?dl=0

18 NM inbound JFK blurry KJFK and no airport inside (no airport textures)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y0pxbc348ip1ku/18mn2jfk.PNG?dl=0

Now this is xp11 same altitude same distance, this is what we should expect to see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szswaduetvf81e2/xp11.PNG?dl=0

On a Dell 44 @ 3840x2160 30HZ

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you have an affinity mask setting in your CFG, try deleting it. 

Fully agree. Remove any affinity mask setting in P3D v4 if you have. I have the same CPU with a 1080ti and had exactly the same "blurries" especially after a long flight during approach. (I recall my AM setting was 116 with HT enabled). I removed the affinity mask completely and problem solved. Sharp, clear textures at all times.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I'm amazed so much advice is being given without actually asking the OP for a list of his settings.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

21 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I'm amazed so much advice is being given without actually asking the OP for a list of his settings.

I did.. and I am waiting for these.. and answers to other questions before I jump into any conclusion and start offering advise.

S.

• Like 1