Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Victor

P3DV4 QualityWings 787 Bugs

3 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Sure I will.  Give me your flight and payload.  I'll calculate fuel from PFPX.  Do you use Active Sky?

KVPS to KVPS, basically take off and land

using IFR to see if the default ATC will interfere at all with the 787 there.

using 788 GE on Clear Skies.

50% fuel on Center tank and none on wings

500 of weight in every station

Just now, Gabriel Victor said:

KVPS to KVPS, basically take off and land

using IFR to see if the default ATC will interfere at all with the 787 there.

using 788 GE on Clear Skies.

50% fuel on Center tank and none on wings

500 of weight in every station

Actually put 20% on center and on wings

9 minutes ago, Gabriel Victor said:

Actually put 20% on center and on wings

You only fill the centre when the wing tanks are full.

1 minute ago, Dean_EGTC said:

You only fill the centre when the wing tanks are full.

Oh, thanks for that info.

The reason i wanted to do that is to test if there's any kind of unbalance in the wings tho, and i didn't want to put on 100% because it might be too heavy, but okay, so, 20% on wings and nothing on the center then

On 5/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, whitav8 said:

Not sure but I would guess that many of us are carrying too much fuel (weight) for the final approach and therefore have a much higher approach speed requirement - like 160 instead of 140 knots. I've read that the remaining fuel should be less than 40,000 lbs (US).

Maximum Landing Weights

172,000 kg (380,000 lb) 788

193,000 kg (425,000 lb) 789

You should of seen all the 12 year olds on vatsim at the weekend trying to land and Takeoff in gib and Innsbruck over mtow and over mlw it was brilliant

Those that wherent doing that where doing lhr to Syd. 

At one point one of the London controller disconnected as he'd had enough of them doing stupid word not allowed. 

Some where Doing circuits at EGLL and egkk with 120 tonnes on and wondering why it didn't work when using flap 5 and stalling it. I felt sorry for the Controller 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

I've just looked at your flight again and realized you're just doing a circuit.  That won't really help you at all.  You need to complete a whole flight going through all phases,  TO -> CLB -> CRZ -> DESCENT -> APP -> LANDING,  and observe the aircrafts behaviour.

Try this relatively short flight (723mls) from Dallas to Chicago-

KDFW AKUNA7 MLC DCT SGF J105 WELTS SHAIN1 KORD

I used the QW Dispatcher for load and fuel load so I don't know how accurate it is - Fuel 15433KG or 33994 lbs.  Payload around 50%, mine says, Total Weight 144164KG or 317544 lbs.

Record your flight from take off to touchdown and full stop.

I have some issues

787-9 doesn’t recognize flap positions unique to the 787-9. Only shows green when in 5 and 15. Flap handle doesn’t move beyond 18 in the Vc but the indication on eicas updates, but stays violet and not green. Unsure if this is unique to the dash 9. - I cannot confirm this issue in any steam.. So might be isolated to my system somehow.. im on p3d v 4.1

When starting descent the calculated path is not steep enough for the fma(?) indication of the throttle to show idle. (Autothrottle doesnt command idle thrust) - seems to be same issue on a few 4.1 videos.

putting it in fl ch gives expected behaviour (steeper path THR idle) in both the dash 8 and 9.

setting cold and dark still haves irs aligned. Setting the mode selector to on and off again corrects this.

The position of throttle varies without my throttle physically moving (might be related to hardware)

And why do you have to costumize your setup every flight. Disabling qwcas etc, 40 callout irs align times

anyone seeing any of the above? or is it related to 4.1

no I didn’t rtfm. Having flown many Boeing’s.. sorry if it’s in there.

and despite the above I still like it.. 

Edited by Sam

50 minutes ago, tooting said:

Some where Doing circuits at EGLL and egkk with 120 tonnes on and wondering why it didn't work when using flap 5 and stalling it. I felt sorry for the Controller

I can well imagine Pete.  This thread is full of so many ***** wanting to jump down QW's throat and tell them that their aircraft is just wrong or 'feels a bit sloppy' or 'it won't capture and fly the ILS right (?)'  No it doesn't and yes it will!  Like I said in another thread, go find a post from a RL QW787 Pilot and read his opinion.  There are a couple out there and neither are negative in any way.  As per usual with any new release it's 99% user error and a failure to read the docs.

• Upvote 1

Not tried the 789 yet Sam, but I will tomorrow.  Do you physically move your throttles to idle when you start descent?  I do mine every time (except AB of course).  Maybe that might help.

5 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Not tried the 789 yet Sam, but I will tomorrow.  Do you physically move your throttles to idle when you start descent?  I do mine every time (except AB of course).  Maybe that might help.

Im not sure.. I usually have the habit from the 777 but I will double check next time.

Also engine doesnt say running in the EICAS before moving throttles beyond the mark on the EICAS. (62% n2)

Edited by Sam
Added actual readout

11 hours ago, Sam said:

any of the above? or is it related to 4.1

Could well be. There were a number of people reporting various issues on the QW forums (check there!) and they were largely resolved by upgrading to 4.2 - worth a try.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

As far as I can see, the QW 787 is only supported on the current version of P3Dv4.

On Flight1.com, it states:
Version 1.1.0 - for Prepar3D v4.2 - 592 MB 

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Ok

might update then 

but I do see the descend issue on 4.2 streams so can you check it

Took a short maiden voyage today in the TUI 788 from Valencia over to Palma De Mallorca. 

My thoughts:

- texturing is really nice and performance for me is really good. I had pretty solid CAVOK conditions today in the Med so not a tough test but very happy so far. HUD is nice and it is very nice to hand fly, easy to land and doesn’t feel twitchy at all. I’ve heard from a real life 787 pilot that the real one is really nicely weighted too. 

- VNAV isn’t great currently. It descended happily for me but the modes looked wrong - VNAV PTH instead of ALT when levelling off at an intermediate altitude and oddly the thrust mode seems to descend with thrust on and AT in SPD mode rather than at idle and cycling through SPD, IDLE and HOLD as the 777 does. Also it doesn’t drop out of VNAV PTH to VNAV SPD even when you are a country mile above or below the path, or when you open the speed window. The modes in FLCH seemed to be more accurate. Deleting the hard altitudes from the LEGS page at certain waypoints gave odd results and led me to revert back to FLCH and the three times table. Also I couldn’t see a way to change the gross weight in the approach page to get an accurate VREF upon arrival, taking into account fuel burn for the descent  

- I love the stuff they’ve put into the SYS pages, such as the ability to get METAR and the page that shows the time off the blocks and takeoff. Very nice. The sounds are great too, especially the engine start. 

So it’s a big thumbs up from me. For a very ambitious project I think this has turned out really well, especially given the ‘medium level’ price tag and expectations.

However the VNAV/autothrust logic needs work and obviously things like the ability to upload winds are a must have on a long haul aircraft like this. As long as you don’t mind falling back to more back automation modes when the VNAV falls over, then you’ll be quite happy with your purchase. I wish the guys every success in polishing this one up for the prime time as it’s not far off. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com