flyeer

P3D V4.2 Approach Autogen Loading Problem

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

During Departure and Cruise I haven't any problem.But during Approach and landing there is no Autogen.. Terrain is like Photoreal no buildings no tress ? What can be the problem because in P3D V4.1 I didn't had a problem like this with the same settings.

These are my PC Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz OC To 5.0GHz

 

Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 8GB

 

HyperX Fury DDR4  2 x 8 GB 2400MHz

 

Asus Z270F Mainboard

 

Samsung 850Pro 500GB SSD (P3D Install Disk)

 

WD Black Professional 2TB HD

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does it happen at every airport and aircraft?  What resolution are you running at and what graphics settings?

Share this post


Link to post

Yes at all airports with FsLabs & 737 NGX Graphics settings are set often at max

 

Share this post


Link to post

Are you running unlimited frames by any chance? if so you may be asking too much of your system. try locking frames and see if you still have the issue

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you!

I will try it to night and will report the status.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, flyeer said:

Yes at all airports with FsLabs & 737 NGX Graphics settings are set often at max

 

THeres your problem hehe.  Most advanced addons with max settings.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

THeres your problem hehe.  Most advanced addons with max settings.  

I had the same settings with same addon's in P3D 4.1 😉

Share this post


Link to post

Autogen not loading is related to CPU load.  When I see that on my rig Im either going too fast or my settings are too high.  

If you didn't change anything from 4.1 to 4.2 then LM must have changed the way AG loads/thread priority

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem. If I lock my fps they are dropping very much, so thats not a alternative for me. This problem didin't exist in previous verisions of P3D v4, I wonder why Lochheed Martin have chnaged how the autogen loads. Hope they will fix it in future updates. 

Share this post


Link to post

I see this is still not fixed. I noticed it as well on my setup. Autogen stops loading. Especially in Europe with all ORBX regions installed. Curiously I don't see that problem in the US regions.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright i'm getting really word not allowed off right now. I have had this problem a long time now and it just looks so awful with no buildings or trees while on approach. I really hoped Lookheed Martin should fix this in 4.3 but nope....

Share this post


Link to post

I can't see an i7 7700k @ 5Ghz/16GB 2400Mhz RAM/8GB GTX 1080/Samsung 850 Pro SSD powered system having too many problems with autogen loading, even with high detail settings. If he did not have a problem in P3D v4.1, then he should not have a problem with v4.3.

Edited by Christopher Low

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately the problem is still present, even in v4.3... LM seems not to care about basic issues, but only about secondary ones... The only way to have autogen loading during approach is by setting Autogen Draw Distance to Medium, NOT higher...

Edited by jgoggi

Share this post


Link to post

Problems with autogen loading is related to too high settings for the hardware or too much CPU load of addons and stuff.

No update will grow better hardware. Reduce autogen settings or unload addons from your CPU (second PC, locking cores with Process lasso etc.).

Share this post


Link to post

There's (another) thread running on this at the LM Prepar3d forum, including several videos reproducing the issue.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130120

Feel free to kindly ask them to reconsider the issue in case you are another victim.

The issue for most of us is not autogen loading as such but loading in patches with any setting above Medium.

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2018 at 9:35 AM, flyeer said:

Hi everyone

During Departure and Cruise I haven't any problem.But during Approach and landing there is no Autogen.. Terrain is like Photoreal no buildings no tress ? What can be the problem because in P3D V4.1 I didn't had a problem like this with the same settings.

HyperX Fury DDR4  2 x 8 GB 2400MHz

LM recommends at least 2666Mhz ....I'd recommend at least 3000Mhz

Have you experimented with HT off ....or at the very least maybe different AM settings.

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

There's (another) thread running on this at the LM Prepar3d forum, including several videos reproducing the issue.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130120

Feel free to kindly ask them to reconsider the issue in case you are another victim.

The issue for most of us is not autogen loading as such but loading in patches with any setting above Medium.

Kind regards, Michael

I think the OP's issue is different.

The OP is complaining of no autogen after there was during the two previous phases of his flight.

Edited by FunknNasty

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Problems with autogen loading is related to too high settings for the hardware or too much CPU load of addons and stuff.

No update will grow better hardware. Reduce autogen settings or unload addons from your CPU (second PC, locking cores with Process lasso etc.).

The fact destroying your rather zynical and wrong conclusion is: at least on my end, there was no issue with autogen loading late and in patches in v4.0. I could easily fly for example from LSZB to LFMN with a Piper Malibu down the Rhone valley, always autogen to the end of my vision (draw distance set to "very high"). Now, if I recreate the same flight, autogen starts loading late and in Patches already at about 10 Minutes into flight even with autogen draw distance reduced to "high". Only if I reduce it further down to medium, it can catch up.

In one of the earlier threads on prepar3d.com, there was even the suggestion of one of the LM guys (Rob McCarthy) to use nothing more than "medium" to avoid this. Sorry to say, but such advice is simply ridiculous. Especially if it WAS working in earlier versions.

But well, whatever. It is addressed in the official forums, nothing more we can do about it...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully, they will resolve the problem by the time that v5 is released :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now