Nemo

PMDG/NGX Update -RESOLVED-

A word of caution:

Just in case you do not follow PMDG forums on a regular base: The latest PMDG/NGX update (via Operation Central) seems to have some issues (Saved Flights, FMC, flight plan import). PMDG is aware of it.

Edited by n4gix
ADDED RESOLVED to title
  • Upvote 3

I just realized that I have not updated my NGX for quite awhile, have 8465. It works perfectly and I fly it all the time. I think I will leave well enough alone, until this update is fixed.. 

Edited by Bobsk8

I just got a message, that another update will arrive very soon (1-2 days).

I was wondering about this, thanks for the heads up.

S.

37 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I just got a message, that another update will arrive very soon (1-2 days).

Even tonight or tomorrow already :)

Due to issues with the latest PMDG updates mentioned in this thread, users of SmartStarter w/MapLog will also have problems with MapLog functions. In a day or two, after a new update is released by PMDG, MapLog will functions again.

Edited by roarkr

Funny timing am doing a NG flight now and thought “I must remember to update it after this flight “ 

Thank you Harry for the warning I will leave well alone.

Edited by Nyxx

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Funny timing am doing a NG flight now and thought “I must remember to update it after this flight “ 

Thank you Harry for the warning I will leave well alone.

Question, I never heard about the update ,until Reading this thread. . Does PMDG notify NGX owners about updates. or does one have to check periodically in the OC to find out if one is available? 

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Question, I never heard about the update ,until Reading this thread. . Does PMDG notify NGX owners about updates. or does one have to check periodically in the OC to find out if one is available? 

I just have a look at their general forum once a week for anouments Bob. Properly once a month is all that's needed.

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I assume the latter is true.

Thanks for the heads up. I refuse to visit "their" forums, wish they'd send out an e-mail informing their customers of what's going on. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Thanks for the heads up. I refuse to visit "their" forums, wish they'd send out an e-mail informing their customers of what's going on. 

Don't blame you. Thankfully there are post outside their forums.

Funny enough after flying the FSL A320 for awhile Ive been getting the itch to switch back to the NGX to change it up.  I think I updated already though 😞

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Don't blame you. Thankfully there are post outside their forums.

Where??

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where??

Just saying topics like this are outside the PMDG forums. 

All clear:

New updates (via OC) are available. Everything works again.

13 hours ago, Drumcode said:

+1

All you have to do to check if there are updates is to run the PMDG Operations Center now and again. Not exactly a difficult task :wink:

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

All you have to do to check if there are updates is to run the PMDG Operations Center now and again. Not exactly a difficult task :wink:

That’s what I do, I usually check every week or so. Glad I saw this topic prior to updating. 

Many thanks to the original poster. (Champion)

IM

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Most of my add ons. like one this morning for instance, have a pop up when an update is available. That is even easier to remember. Checked this morning on the PMDG forum, no mention of a fix in the works for the previous update, or that the update as of today has been fixed...  Not really good communication in my opinion. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Most of my add ons. like one this morning for instance, have a pop up when an update is available. That is even easier to remember. Checked this morning on the PMDG forum, no mention of a fix in the works for the previous update, or that the update as of today has been fixed...  Not really good communication in my opinion. 

You are right. I got the information from one of the ongoing PMDG/HGX threads where it was only short mentioned by "Scandinavian Guy". Then I opened PMDG OC and saw that two new updates were available. InSim-check: All is good again.

Indeed, PMDG could work on their communication regarding updates. Perhaps the recentlly announced new OC version will improve it.

Cheers,

Edited by Nemo

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

They seem to drivel out official information like there state secrets. And Kyle seems to have a very short fuse as their primary company rep in the forums. Now compare to the transparency that Mathijs at Aerosoft shows and its night and day. And I think Aerosoft is doing pretty well for themselves. It will only get much worse when they get their own  website forums. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

They seem to drivel out official information like there state secrets. And Kyle seems to have a very short fuse as their primary company rep in the forums. Now compare to the transparency that Mathijs at Aerosoft shows and its night and day. And I think Aerosoft is doing pretty well for themselves. It will only get much worse when they get their own  website forums. 

Yes, I have given up asking questions in that forum,.  They have being rude honed to a fine edge. The other day they even made fun of someone's name because it was European. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, I have given up asking questions in that forum,.  They have being rude honed to a fine edge. The other day they even made fun of someone's name because it was European. 

+1

Love the public relations lately. But seeing its only a few folks complaining they could care less.

• Upvote 1