Think I'll give it a miss. Still waiting for a B350 ... 😙

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

It has an autopilot

Product page says it doens't.

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

It has an autopilot

From the product page:

An aircraft of its time.

Our PA-30 simulates an aircraft with some wear, yet unmodified, and in its original configuration.
In order to be true to this era, our version does not include an autopilot.

Actually I bought it. It doesn't have an autopilot as the product page says. It flies very smoothly and the modeling is one of the best I've seen, very good job. I see no autopilot more of a challenge. When I have an autopilot I tend to fly GAs like an airliner sometimes 😛

Edited by Daedalus

Well it had an autopilot when I was testing it lol

Guess they took it out

That makes no sense when you look at their screen shots and the options/configurations they have provided for GNS and GTN ! I know this is fantasy/simulation, but why would an owner spend 10's of thousands of dollars on that kind of avionics and not have or add an autopilot?

• Upvote 2

My problem is, I can't start the engines..anyone facing the same?

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

My problem is, I can't start the engines..anyone facing the same?

Checklist?

Just now, fppilot said:

Checklist?

Followed..Its really a simple plane, can't figure out why they don't start. Fuel level at max, magnetos on, electric fuel pumps on, fuel selectors on Mains, Prop Max, Mixture Max, Throttle 1/2. Starter activate, the prop spins for 2 seconds and stops again..

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Our PA-30 simulates an aircraft with some wear, yet unmodified, and in its original configuration.

I seem to recall reading a post where they stated they had trouble incorporating the autopilot.... Not sure whether it was on Avsim or on their site.

Thank you for letting me know.

Autopilots? We don't need no steenkin autopilots!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Well it had an autopilot when I was testing it lol

Guess they took it out

It was but was cancelled in the final stage.

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

It was but was cancelled in the final stage.

I have two prized Milviz twins in the B55 Baron and C310 Redux, but I also have a slew of other great twins, including for example the RA Turbine Duke V2.  Sorry, not spending for another at this point, especially one that is incomplete.

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP...  (what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

and in its original configuration.

So what’s that GPS doing there then...?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Milviz said:

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP...  (what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

Awesome news.  Will purchase now for sure.  With a newborn and a 3 year old sometimes I need a little bit of help.  Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Milviz said:

That's good news.  Love the old panel too, but there are times the AP is nice to have.

Really like the plane otherwise.  I've flown the real one a long long time ago and this one really brings back memories.

steve

40 minutes ago, Milviz said:

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP... 

If it supports additional sales it's probably a good idea. Although I haven't had a chance to purchase yet I, for one, am definitely looking forward to the existing panel without autopilot and the added challenge of the old style DG. In fact I will probably fly without the GPS as well.

Guess simmers are definitely a finicky lot. In which case I definitely qualify. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

(what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

What an odd remark for a developer to post here. It's almost like calling your customers crazy. BTW Even your older Beavers have AP so why are AP's to be frowned upon suddenly? Specially since you do add GPS's (as I noted above already)? Odd post.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Followed..Its really a simple plane, can't figure out why they don't start. Fuel level at max, magnetos on, electric fuel pumps on, fuel selectors on Mains, Prop Max, Mixture Max, Throttle 1/2. Starter activate, the prop spins for 2 seconds and stops again..

I don't have the Milviz version but do have the twin comanche for XP-11 and I believe the 1/2 is 1/2" at least it is for XP..