Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Vertx DA-62 News - Released on Dec 14th

On 12/8/2018 at 8:32 PM, BillS511 said:

I would suggest Vertx have their own dedicated forum within the Commercial Support Forums.

I would like dedicated forums here also....as Sean and Rudy are all here.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

42 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

It was very late in the night after 1 am when I posted this, was a little "stressed". Sorry about that. No problem if someone opens a new thread when he thinks it makes sense. I see no urgent need to have a separate support forum.

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

3 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

I divided in a series of 3 videos now. Part A is available now.

https://youtu.be/-yCN2AGOHJo

The Vertx G1000 calculates and flies the cruise descend and the initial approach descend for you. First of a series of 3 videos dedicated to the Vertx G1000. Next video will show a DGPS LPV approach. Available soon.

Nice landing at Quintin there, Rudi! 😉

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 12/9/2018 at 11:28 AM, rudi0310 said:

BTW, I had difficulties to decide into which thread to post this. Why do we need so much different threads for a product already not published? Why must users search in so much different threads to gather all relevant info? After what they should search for? "Vertex"? "Vertx"? "RealAir"? "Sean Moloney"? "Website is live"? Search for "DA62" also delivers a lot of Carenado threads...

Some of these threads are for sure created by users who know the other threads. Some even open a new thread every time they think it is time for, and some of the important info will end there. What have topics like navdata sources to do with "website is live"? "Website is live"? There already existed a "Vertx news" thread, where that was posted also. I only get email notifications for threads I have subsribed for. Not for new ones... Imo an unnecessary problem. Let me clearly point out here, I have absolutely no problem with @PaulFWatts. Any blames about this topic I will ignore, would only clutter this thread.

Thanks 

No big deal but since I’ve been publicly named I’m choosing the right of reply😀

I actually created the 1st thread on Avsim re Sean’s DA62 on October 23rd after doing a search and this thread was created on November 20th I believe. My previous thread had a lot of posts.

Edited by PaulFWatts

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

+1 to this. Of course Sean may have his own solution ready to go on release day so we'll see!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

26 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks for the videos. I notice you gave the release date of Dec 12th. Nice for the weekend!

It says "Expected release date: 2018-12-14". So Dec 14th.

31 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks for the videos. I notice you gave the release date of Dec 12th. Nice for the weekend!

If everything goes as planned, Friday.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Part 4 B is ready ("Let the Vertx G100 fly a DGPS LPV approach for you")

https://youtu.be/Q3-6C4Kxf3A

I had it ready and uploaded last night, then found a small "inaccuracy". Rendering, uploading and checking again would have been taken 90 minutes, so I gave it up. Btw, Diamond calls the autopilot an AFCS (Automatic flight control system).

About the minimums used, I first had it included, then removed it because I did not find a complete solution. And because this is a video about the DA62, not an IFR training video. But I will share it here: Actual chart says DA for LPV is 414 ft, DA62 has 100 ft steps so 500 ft is correct I guess. But charts says the DA (not the approach itself) may only be applied if baro setting for McMinnville KMMV is used, not baro setting of destination KSLE (why? gets this one updated more often? Does that anybody know?). I could receive neither KMMV ATIS nor KMMV ASOS in the sim (phone call might be expensive from Europe i guess 🙂 ). So i used ISA pressure and temp to come to an end.

Sean makes good progress. I try to publish Part 4 C (More about VNAV and the Vertx G1000, and dynamic reflections in P3D V4.4) within the next 24 hours. But I might be busy with another task with higher priority (but same subject).

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

fantastic looking airplane.  I just have 1 question, can one select airways and procedures (SID STAR APP) within the G1000?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

2 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Part 4 B is ready ("Let the Vertx G100 fly a DGPS LPV approach for you")

https://youtu.be/Q3-6C4Kxf3A

I had it ready and uploaded last night, then found a small "inaccuracy". Rendering, uploading and checking again would have been taken 90 minutes, so I gave it up. Btw, Diamond calls the autopilot an AFCS (Automatic flight control system).

About the minimums used, I first had it included, then removed it because I did not find a complete solution. And because this is a video about the DA62, not an IFR training video. But I will share it here: Actual chart says DA for LPV is 414 ft, DA62 has 100 ft steps so 500 ft is correct I guess. But charts says the DA (not the approach itself) may only be applied if baro setting for McMinnville KMMV is used, not baro setting of destination KSLE (why? gets this one updated more often? Does that anybody know?). I could receive neither KMMV ATIS nor KMMV ASOS in the sim (phone call might be expensive from Europe i guess 🙂 ). So i used ISA pressure and temp to come to an end.

Sean makes good progress. I try to publish Part 4 C (More about VNAV and the Vertx G1000, and dynamic reflections in P3D V4.4) within the next 24 hours. But I might be busy with another task with higher priority (but same subject).

The chart I see in ForeFlight shows 414 DA when using KSLE ATIS, but when KSLE tower is closed increase DA by 49 ft, MDA 60 ft, as well as some other modifiers. Presumably this helps account for any altimeter variations between Salem and McMinnville. 

Jon Skiffington

In this first release:

Only approaches available

SID and STAR not available yet

A few newest procedures might exhibit a 6-letter-designator. Prepar3D ist limited to 5 letters.

Edited by rudi0310
typo

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

1 hour ago, Skiff said:

The chart I see in ForeFlight shows 414 DA when using KSLE ATIS, but when KSLE tower is closed increase DA by 49 ft, MDA 60 ft, as well as some other modifiers. Presumably this helps account for any altimeter variations between Salem and McMinnville. 

Any help is appreciated! The actual chart ("RNAV GPS RWY 31")

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1813/pdf/00361R31.PDF

(did not find anything at skyvector that forbids this link) says regarding LPV DA: "RVR 1800 authorized with use of FD or AP or HUD to DA, NA when using Mc Minnville altimeter setting". Might be also a solution to use LNAV DA (631 ft, 700 ft in DA62) if sufficient regarding weather conds? I do not want to use radio altimeter of the DA62, (in my installation) runway is placed at significant higher alt than approach terrain.

Edited by rudi0310
typos

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

2 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Any help is appreciated! The actual chart ("RNAV GPS RWY 31")

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1813/pdf/00361R31.PDF

(did not find anything at skyvector that forbids this link) says regarding LPV DA: "RVR 1800 authorized with use of FD or AP or HUD to DA, NA when using Mc Minnville altimeter setting". Might be also a solution to use LNAV DA (631 ft, 700 ft in DA62) if sufficient regarding weather conds? I do not want to use radio altimeter of the DA62, (in my installation) runway is placed at significant higher alt than approach terrain.

In that case, I'd assume that if you have FD/AP/HUD, your DH/MDA/DA doesn't change, but that you can proceed with 1800RVR provided the measurement is coming from the airfield. If the tower is closed and your relying on McMinville, you have to go back to the published minimums.

Just my guess, though...

Jon Skiffington