JesC

Vertx DA-62 News - Released on Dec 14th

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the head-up.

Cheers, Ed

Ugh the person who took those screenshots doesn't have reflections enabled.  Plane looks a lot better than the pics folks!

• Like 1

If it is going to have a high framerate it will be a sure buy for me!!! 

(Flying around detailed in the ORBX PNW area with stutters completely ruins the immersion)

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 2

Me thinks it could be a very Merry Christmas! 😀

Greg

• Upvote 1

Been waiting for a peek, and that's what that was.

Hi guys,

there will be NO need to search for another christmas toy this year, imo.

Video gained 6 likes, 8 subscribers, 1 comment. That is not much.

Cheers

Rudi

Edited by rudi0310

2 hours ago, rudi0310 said:

Hi guys,

there will be NO need to search for another christmas toy this year, imo.

Video gained 6 likes, 8 subscribers, 1 comment. That is not much.

Cheers

Rudi

Was that sarcasm or do you really believe that "likes" on videos or social media have any validity at all? Maybe Vertx should buy a pack of 5,000 likes from the dark web.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Climb aboard...

Well, give it to me then! 😋 Wow, what a beauty! Instant purchase.

Ryan,

Can you advise if the G1000 turn knobs can be linked to hardware (keyboard, dial, switch, etc.) rather than having to click, click, click ?  I always want this feature on a GPS but nobody seems to think about making it available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkW said:

Ryan,

Can you advise if the G1000 turn knobs can be linked to hardware (keyboard, dial, switch, etc.) rather than having to click, click, click ?  I always want this feature on a GPS but nobody seems to think about making it available.

The knobs are mouse wheel turn and change color when moused over, no need to hunt for clickspots.

Understood but it would be nice to be able to bind to keys or in my case the MCP panel so you can turn hardware knob rather than using the mouse.

• Like 1

RyanB/DJJose: I note from the latest preview video that the G1000 is driven by the default P3D nav data. Is it possible to use navigraph+FSAerodata subscriptions to bring up-to-date nav data and SID/STARs into the DA-62?

30 minutes ago, markadeane said:

RyanB/DJJose: I note from the latest preview video that the G1000 is driven by the default P3D nav data. Is it possible to use navigraph+FSAerodata subscriptions to bring up-to-date nav data and SID/STARs into the DA-62?

Sean would have to comment to make an official statement but at one point I was running an up to date database, and all the approaches, direct to's, and activate leg plus sids/stars were working (using your proposed combo)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Sean would have to comment to make an official statement but at one point I was running an up to date database, and all the approaches, direct to's, and activate leg plus sids/stars were working (using your proposed combo)

Thanks Ryan for the info. Appreciated 🙂

Website is available https://vertxsim.com/

EDIT: Now password protected. No particular information that hadn't already been shared. Website looked nice!

Edited by markadeane
New info

Thanks to all for the very positive feedback!

I should have make an agreement with the major oil companies before publishing. Heard that the crowds are clogging the streets since hours desperately trying to empty their fuel tanks.

Cheers Rudi 

10 hours ago, markadeane said:

https://vertxsim.com/#avionics

G1000 feature list - Flight planner - Navaid database

I got a msg from Vertx a few seconds before, website is temporarily offline to fix some smaller animation issues.

Edit: did not see that markadeane already edited his posting to announce that.

Edited by rudi0310

To answer the question. FSAerodata compatibility is given, Is announced at the website.

• Like 1

Any add-on that uses the default P3d navaids, etc. will instead use the most recent AIRAC supplied by fsaerodata.