Sign in to follow this  
rickgo

Rain Effects for Falcon 50

Recommended Posts

Any rain effects for this plane? Trueglass ie...

                                                         Rick

Edited by rickgo
plane model
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, like most FSX a/c you will get rain drops on the windshield.

Al

Share this post


Link to post

There are indeed, but they are just the standard P3D V4 ones as far as I am aware. Here's me landing it visually in a fairly rough thunderstorm, steep with minimal flaps at high speed to aid penetration because of the wind shear and updrafts:

 

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, ark said:

Yes, like most FSX a/c you will get rain drops on the windshield.

Al

That is a typo above, meant to say "like most FSW a/c......"

FSW has written custom rain effect code.

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post

deleted

Edited by FDEdev

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Chock said:

There are indeed, but they are just the standard P3D V4 ones as far as I am aware. Here's me landing it visually in a fairly rough thunderstorm, steep with minimal flaps at high speed to aid penetration because of the wind shear and updrafts:

 

Under 200 knots turn those wipers on....There is no default rain effect. You have to model and write code custom.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Under 200 knots turn those wipers on....There is no default rain effect. You have to model and write code custom.

Or if a developer wants to switch to physics-based raindrop modeling, A2A offers theirs to other developers for free:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a2a-rain-effect-for-p3dv4/

It's the same modeling that is used in the A2A Bonanza.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Under 200 knots turn those wipers on....There is no default rain effect. You have to model and write code custom.

Alright to be strictly accurate it utilises the default support added in P3D v4 for VC rain effects rather than using anything super fancy.

Edited by Chock

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know what P3D provides but I think FSW uses the same custom rain effect coding in P3D that he does in FSX.

Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Or if a developer wants to switch to physics-based raindrop modeling, A2A offers theirs to other developers for free:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a2a-rain-effect-for-p3dv4/

It's the same modeling that is used in the A2A Bonanza.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if they are sharing them with everyone for FREE - I'd hope Flysimware takes a look to consider - at least...

They're quite good...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Share this post


Link to post

Before some people get too carried away with this, the raindrop modeling is available to developers only. You have to have access to the aircraft's original model files in either blender, gmax, or 3dsMax.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Or if a developer wants to switch to physics-based raindrop modeling, A2A offers theirs to other developers for free:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a2a-rain-effect-for-p3dv4/

It's the same modeling that is used in the A2A Bonanza.

Quote

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if they are sharing them with everyone for FREE - I'd hope Flysimware takes a look to consider - at least...

They're quite good...

I think that would be a huge leap for this falcon, that would definitely be awsome if flysimware would consider this!!  

Share this post


Link to post

Our custom rain effect works for all sim. Why would i want to use this version which only is for P3D V4? And its another DLL which we already use too many. is there a big difference?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this