Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Flying Tigers over San Fran

Still painting this girl, but thought she needed a flight (ok...I really wanted to fly her, hehe)

Climbing out, the Golden Gate peaking through the clouds
YZ19C8.jpg

In the climb....over 10,000 and climbing to cruise

qTi8ZK.jpg

Letting down into Anchorage...flaps coming down and nice puffy clouds to ride through....
8wXdNs.jpg

At the Cargo depot....DHL getting loaded next to me as I crack open the nose door for unloading.
OPSdpf.jpg

Not sure when she'll be done as there is a lot of metal and detail work to do...but she just so looks nice in flight as she is I had to take her on a trip.  I know...."Spend more time painting and less time flying Steve"...Hehe....I used to do that, trying to balance my flying/painting time now.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice!

More than just DHL. Polar > Polar Tiger 🙂

Edited by thibodba57

Great work! Metal doesn't get any better than this.

John

1 hour ago, John F said:

Great work! Metal doesn't get any better than this.

John

Thanks John!

Actually, this is my best metal work:

usNsYF.jpg

asWkvY.jpg

Hopefully when I get done with the Queen, all her alpha layer work, she'll look as good as this MadDog.

There is so much work that goes into painting metal.  Being a bare metal fan, the effort is worth it for me. 🙂 

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

Fantastic work - got hooked on the Flying Tigers livery back on Paul Golding's 727 - flew that one a great deal... You're certainly a master of metal... Psst - weren't you "retired" ? Just when you thought you were out... LOL...

And Eastern too - WOW - another favorite - MadDog X ? Hmm - I don't do commercial air often - but when I do that MD80 would be right up my alley - hmm - maybe Santa will knock a few bucks off it this season ? It's been on my list for a while...

Regards,
Scott