Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

AI traffic App ?

Dear all

After almost two weeks flying P3D I started to think of getting a traffic add-on, after a research I found that there is an add-on called "Ultimate Traffic live" that seems interesting but I couldn't find an online store to get it from? any idea why? and any recommendation for an AI traffic that works fine with P3D v4,4?

Many thanks 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Thanks Jeroen 

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Alpha India Group (AIG) is developing an One click installer (OCI) where you can install ai traffic, flightplans and repaints very easy. And the best part of it is that it's FREE. There's lots and lots of free ai out there, so if you are willing to wait a bit, you can get whatever ai, where and when you want it. You can already now use  a prg. called AIFP to do it, but it's supposedly gonna be a lot easier with OCI.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Thanks a lot Jom   I can wait because I am still recovering from the transition to P3D if you know what I mean ........ I will appreciate if you remember to give me a hint when it's released I am sort of confused now between P3D developers 🙂 

Alaa A. Riad

29 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I agree as well, UT Live is the way to go

but then soon you'll be using AIG resources to update UTL schedules & liveries.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

but then soon you'll be using AIG resources to update UTL schedules & liveries.

I already am. I've swapped a few of the FSXPAI models into UTL with great results and when they have the Power Pack app ready, I can update schedules as well.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

8 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

... and when they have the Power Pack app ready, I can update schedules as well.

Do you believe this will ever happen? Any recent hints?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

14 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

It has a smaller footprint in P3D in the way it loads AI from outside P3D, therefore it provides a smoother and more FPS friendly result.

It indeed runs on another CPU core I believe, unlike the internal AI engine of P3D.
Do I understand that the Alpha India Group utility only manages internal AI so that the AI sliders must be turned on?
Then I prefer UTL or another external app which runs on another core.

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Do you believe this will ever happen? Any recent hints?

It is planned, however there's an illness in the programmer's family, so out of respect we need to be patient. All will happen in good time.

In regards to the above, yes, AIG flightplans utilizes the internal traffic slider, but for UT Live that slider is off.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

UTL is a great tool and I have been using some version of it since it was in beta (2003 or so). They do get a lot of negative attention due to their sporadic updates and missed deadlines, but they do usually come through, eventually.

That being said, even when they were selling updated schedules for UT2, I found it easier and cheaper to install WofAI stuff for updates. When I moved away from FSX, I had 400+ traffic BGL's installed, but I was still using UTL. How I installed new/updated traffic depended on the situation. If there was an auto installer (WofAI), I went that route. If I had to do it manually, I would use UT2.

One of the big advantages of UT is the control you have over the UT AI. You can limit traffic by number of aircraft, minimum FPS, percent... With BGL traffic you don't have as much flexibility. The other advantage UTL advantage is they have schedules for a lot of obscure traffic. Unfortunately, you do need to install paints for most of them, and finding FSX compatible paints can be challenging. Many of the older models have been updated, but it still can be a lot of work.

In the end, I think a good approach is to have a mix and the availability of the AIG AI Manager is the perfect solution. I have been playing with the beta and I really like it. It works great in tandem with UTL, but I did have to research how to exclude UTL airlines - that process isn't as straight forward as it was for UT2.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

5 hours ago, duckbilled said:

One of the big advantages of UT is the control you have over the UT AI. You can limit traffic by number of aircraft, minimum FPS, percent... With BGL traffic you don't have as much flexibility.

I find fsuipc's traffic limiter "controlling" AIG or other bgl's the better solution in this ... & pete also separately has some new features in an auto lua which control traffic movement on the ground as you approach.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin