Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Remote EFB - Available Now

Hi Matt:

A couple,of suggestions that will hopefully help, as I had to deal with similar issues.

The device that you will use for the EFB, does not necessarily have to be the most expensive one. I bought a rather "cheap" Android tablet online.  It does not have too many bells and whistles, but it is dedicated only to the EFB and does it's job very well.

i bought a tablet holder from IKEA (I think that it's name is VIVALLA). It is made out of bamboo, so it was very easy to saw it in half, for a perfect fit to the tablet. With a few screws I attached the tablet holder to my "pedestal". And there it resides, next to my right knee.

Many regards and happy new year!

Roberto

• Like 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Since the 747-8 has just been updated (few hours ago), does this mean that you will release the EFB today? Or do you have to wait for some more testing results?

2 hours ago, exstense said:

Since the 747-8 has just been updated (few hours ago), does this mean that you will release the EFB today? Or do you have to wait for some more testing results?

Yes sir - version 5 has just been released!

Happy flying

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

13 hours ago, marcom said:

Happy flying

Mark Foti

Thank you very much Mark 👍

John C

Gents,

I pinned this post to make sure it gets a chance to be seen.  We have been working with Mark toward this goal for a while now- and he has been a great sport about the flood/drought cycle of our attention span as we ran into and out of build cycles during testing of the 747 and Global Flight Operations concurrently with his work.

Thanks, Mark. 

A few have asked him questions that should really be directed to PMDG- so i'll jump on those:

1) NG3 will have an EFB.

2) 777 will be getting one also.

3) Once we accomplish the above two items, we hope we will be able to convince Mark to do the same in those aircraft...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Who said 77X?     😊

All right... all that is awesome!!!  Actual 777 with EFB,  Tablet compatibility.....  Definitely one of the greatest news of the whole weekend! 😎👍

• Like 1

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

3 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

I pinned this post to make sure it gets a chance to be seen.  We have been working with Mark toward this goal for a while now- and he has been a great sport about the flood/drought cycle of our attention span as we ran into and out of build cycles during testing of the 747 and Global Flight Operations concurrently with his work.

Thanks, Mark. 

A few have asked him questions that should really be directed to PMDG- so i'll jump on those:

1) NG3 will have an EFB.

2) 777 will be getting one also.

3) Once we accomplish the above two items, we hope we will be able to convince Mark to do the same in those aircraft...

Robert, will the NG3 have the necessary information for us to be able to calculate T/O and LND performance numbers like in the 748 or will it be  just for charts and QRH items. 

I know a lot of Airlines use Datalink to get Temps and V speeds. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 12/26/2018 at 10:50 PM, marcom said:

Hi Ron,

maybe the NG3 will feature an EFB? (Just pure speculation on my part, but I can imagine PMDG adding this functionality to new products / major upgrades).

But rest assured - whenever there is an EFB that supports data access, I'll try and add support on my end.

In fact, the EFB license on my end will cover multiple aircraft as this functionality becomes more popular within our community.

Regards

Mark Foti

According to PMDG staff and testers when the EFB was announced way back, the NG3, 777 and ANY aircraft that comes with an integrated EFB will have one, AS LONG AS THEY CAN SOURCE THE DATA.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

7 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Who said 77X?     😊

All right... all that is awesome!!!  Actual 777 with EFB,  Tablet compatibility.....  Definitely one of the greatest news of the whole weekend! 😎👍

They are filling in the empty spot they have in the current b777 they sell.

The EFB looks great. As an existing user of your FMS/CDU products I'm looking forward to this.

Great work!
Dave

Dave Etheridge

Very talented Mark i have your iPad fmc already and this would be a iceing on the cake.😉

Regards.

• Like 1

Zdenek  Cebis

On 1/6/2019 at 10:43 AM, marcom said:

Happy flying

Mark Foti

Looks like I need to get the credit card out when I get home then!

Cheers
Dave

Dave Etheridge

Wow! Yes please! Have you considered a working CDU as well?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Oh I see I've paid for your CDU before, but it never worked😒

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark