Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

GSX update on the way

But where's the Chicago PBR (v2)...shown looking "nearly" complete 6 months ago?

Edited by SP2472
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

But where's the Chicago PBR (v2)...shown looking "nearly" 6 months ago?

You may not have noticed, this thread is about GSX. Let's keep on topic and open your Chicago thread if you wish!

Thanks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

However, and not wanting to sound churlish, I would forgo all of those features just to have the ability to have my passengers walking to and from the terminal at appropriate gates where there's no airbridge, instead of having to use the bus...

I think that would be hard because GSX doesn’t know where the appropriate gate would be. With a bus he knows exactly where they’re coming from. 

Remember GSX is a world wide system so if there’s a feature it must be able to be determined from the Sim for each airport, for example reading the AFCAD. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Great stuff !

However, and not wanting to sound churlish, I would forgo all of those features just to have the ability to have my passengers walking to and from the terminal at appropriate gates where there's no airbridge, instead of having to use the bus...

There is a way to set that up, though I have never done it myself and can't tell you how. I'm sure that if you search the extensive manual that comes with GSX, it will show you how to do it...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks Umberto to you and your crew for constantly pushing the envolopes of our ever evolving hobby. I know a lot of people like to complain about everything and anything but the fact that you listen to the complaints and look at it as an opportunity to improve the experience for everybody, is a great thing. I myself am very excited about this update and appreciate all that you guys bring to this hobby. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, virtuali said:

And, we make future expansion easier,

AI (SODE) Jetway Docking perhaps :wink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Would love to see the ability to add a low Polly light pole that emits dynamic light similar to the feature of adding SODE jetbridges to default scenery. Even if it just showed up when you select a specific gate it would enhance the look of default scenery even more at night. (as the GSX vehicles already emit dynamic light when they drive around)

That and and the ability to board the crew separately. 

Umberto, your update is simply amazing. Very clever animations and attention detail.

I must admit I’m not often outside of the cockpit while doing the preflight stuff to get to see it all but (if I can talk on behalf of the community) its the finer details, the realism that makes developers like you get loved in the business. It’s the fact that it’s there and actually happening.

We done team, look forward to the update.

FWIW.. I would prefer to see less needed menu selecting when on the go. It would be helpful to have a pre setup option with a timer so it can playout without further menu selecting. E.g. Set a 30min or 60min or 90min timer. Most of us use products like FS2CREW & PMDG ground ops that run on timers where the crew board first then 15mins or 30mins (737/777) later the pax board. The doors would close, airbridge/stairs removed and the pushback crew would announce ready and standing by.

One other thing while I’m on this topic, can we get just a bit more time before your equipment all vanishes after taxiing, most of the time my ground guy only gets to walk halfway across the ramp before he disappears.

thx for considering.

IM

That is one heck of an update, amazed!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, Iceman2 said:

Umberto, your update is simply amazing. Very clever animations and attention detail.

I must admit I’m not often outside of the cockpit while doing the preflight stuff to get to see it all but (if I can talk on behalf of the community) its the finer details, the realism that makes developers like you get loved in the business. It’s the fact that it’s there and actually happening.

We done team, look forward to the update.

FWIW.. I would prefer to see less needed menu selecting when on the go. It would be helpful to have a pre setup option with a timer so it can playout without further menu selecting. E.g. Set a 30min or 60min or 90min timer. Most of us use products like FS2CREW & PMDG ground ops that run on timers where the crew board first then 15mins or 30mins (737/777) later the pax board. The doors would close, airbridge/stairs removed and the pushback crew would announce ready and standing by.

One other thing while I’m on this topic, can we get just a bit more time before your equipment all vanishes after taxiing, most of the time my ground guy only gets to walk halfway across the ramp before he disappears.

thx for considering.

IM

Can't agree more!

Sergio Naiberg

8 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

There is a way to set that up, though I have never done it myself and can't tell you how. I'm sure that if you search the extensive manual that comes with GSX, it will show you how to do it...

Is there? I would assume, that one way of doing it, could be to specify a custom exit point in the GSX Editor for each parking stand - similar to how you setup and tweak your SODE jetway. 

I'd assume it would be possible, but since I don't know anything about the coding or setup, I don't know if it can be done or how difficult it would be to do.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

wowsters Jeremy Meeks has got a job on the tug 🙂

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

nice one, hope its free for the normal GSX users, i dont want to buy walking zombies upgrade in order to have this. 

40 minutes ago, Hypofx said:

nice one, hope its free for the normal GSX users, i dont want to buy walking zombies upgrade in order to have this. 

Edit: missunderstood the video. Only the fuel hydrant is GSX2 exclusive, my bad.

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png