Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Great new Time Manager program

I got an email today from SimElite Solutions that they released a new program called Real Time Flight Manager. It is a fantastic program that you execute before P3d (or other sims) and you can open P3d at ANY airport in the world and the time will be correct.  Not only that.....BUT as you fly the time will change to the correct time in that part of the world.

Started a flight at London, Heathrow this morning (+5 hours from U.S. PA time), and flew to Tegel, Berlin (which is +6 hours from U.S. PA time).  When I landed the time was correct and advanced one additional hour from my starting point in London.

I am a Time Zone Fixer user (by SimElite) and I'm not sure if you have to be to get the new program free.  It was free for me. 

Go to SimElite Solutions and click on Products.  RTFM is under there.

Unlike Time Zone Fixer, you don't have to start at your default airport.  You can start anywhere.  Absolutley what I was looking for.

Stan

At Simflight NL they wrote that this is now freeware ...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So like FS Real Time? I remember that program crashing the sim with the constant time adjustments.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The scenery has time zones encoded in it so as we fly the clock changes as time zones are crossed. I see that crossing the English Channel. That works no matter what time of day I fly and mostly it's not at the real time of day. But pausing the sim and things present a problem so time can be handled externally. So I wonder, is the time adjusting to those in-sim time zones or are these ignored and the external program alters the time in the sim according to location. If so does the loading panel show momentarily when the time is altered by the external app.

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just quoting this from the website

"When you start take off and your airplane’s speed reaches 40Knts, Real Time Flight Manager will be closed automatically or you can click on Exit button to close it when your airplane is on your departure airport and your time is set successfully"

Looks like it does not constantly adjust the time, just sets the intial correct time.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

It seemed to adjust the 1 hour time difference between Great Britain and Germany for me when I flew this morning.

Stan

I never understood these programs.  I have and have run the latest version of Time Zone Fixer. I load my default flight to my home tiime zone at KTEB in New Jersey using system time.  I load at 09:00 local and UTC shows up as 14:00.  At this time of year it should only be a 4 hour time difference.  How do I correct this   

Tom

30 minutes ago, tjrush said:

I never understood these programs.  I have and have run the latest version of Time Zone Fixer. I load my default flight to my home tiime zone at KTEB in New Jersey using system time.  I load at 09:00 local and UTC shows up as 14:00.  At this time of year it should only be a 4 hour time difference.  How do I correct this   

Make sure you go through the whole process of checking your config after the installation.  You have to run the check.exe file in the installation folder to make sure it was set up automatically.  Mine was not and I had to do some additional steps and add it manually to my scenery library.  For me it was a case of RTFM....which I sort of did but I only read half of it!😄

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Make sure you go through the whole process of checking your config after the installation.  You have to run the check.exe file in the installation folder to make sure it was set up automatically.  Mine was not and I had to do some additional steps and add it manually to my scenery library.  For me it was a case of RTFM....which I sort of did but I only read half of it!😄

None of the above appears to apply to the current version.  Anybody have any suggestions?  I'm also curious, does anybody else get a 4 hour difference at Teterboro?

Tom

The adjustments Time Zone Fixer makes only appear after you've loaded in, just set your local time/UTC time and it should fix it once you load in. I know for me on the scenario start-up screen I get the wrong UTC offset (+10), but once I load in and check the time it seems to work fine (+11).

My friends, Let me explain how exactly this new "SimElite Solution RealTime Flight Manager" tool and "Time Zone Fixer" addon work together and clarify the situation for those who are confused.

As you know flight simulator has a Time Zone Scenery layer which define Time Zone(offset from UTC) for each coordinates on earth. If those Time Zone definitions are correct, it means you have correct local time (based on departure time) in every point your airplane is.

With Time Zone Fixer, when you load your airplane at your departure airport, your simulator calculates correct (Not current) local time based on correct Time Zone definitions in your entire flight from departure to arrival. Time Zone Fixer can't set your departure time automatically and you have to set it manually. Because of this you have correct (NOT current) time in your entire flight. For example if real current time in New York is 10:00Am now, you load your flight and set your departure time 8:00Am (Instead of 10:00AM), your flight simulator will calculate time based on 8:00Am departure time and if you fly to Ottawa in Canada your flight time is 1h30m (New York and Ottawa both have UTC-4h0 time now) and you will land at Ottawa airport at 09:30AM (current real world's time in New York and Ottawa at the end of your flight is 11:30AM but because you set 08:00AM for your departure time your arrival time is 09:30AM instead of 11:30Am)

Without Time Zone Fixer (with simulator's default Time Zone definitions), Ottawa has wrong Time Zone in Spring and Summer. It has UTC-5h00 instead of UTC-4h00 and it means in our example if you start your departure at 8:00Am in New York airport you will land at Ottawa airport at 8:30AM (Instead of 9:30AM)

new RealTime Flight Manager program is made to only set your departure time based on current real world's time and it doesn't have anything to do with keeping your Time Zone or local time correct because Time Zone Fixer is already doing that perfectly. In our previous example if you run RealTime Flight Manager program before your Flight Simulator, it sets your departure time at New York airport exactly 10:00Am (whatever current real world time at New York airport is).

Combination of Time Zone Fixer and RealTime Flight Manager can lead to the best result and you will have current real world's time in your departure airport and then your Time Zone Fixer will take care the rest of your flight and you will have correct current real world's time in your entire flight from departure to arrival.

Please ask any questions regarding this matter and I will answer them all.

• Upvote 2

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

22 hours ago, tjrush said:

Hi,

I checked KTEB time and it is correct with Time Zone Fixer V1.4.1_Beta4. It is UTC-4h0. Local time was 13:25 and UTC was 17:27

In Prepar3D, always check UTC and Local time from your flight (Not from Scenario page) for this, load your flight and the go to top menu, World--> Time and Season you can see UTC is 4 hours ahead of your local time in KTEB.

If you have wrong time, check your Time Zone Fixer settings once again.

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

It's a good tool. For this price, money well spent. 🤗

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

2 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

It's a good tool. For this price, money well spent. 🤗

Hi,

Time Zone Fixer is very cheap but RealTime Flight Manager is free at the moment! Anyone can make a new account in SimElite website and use it for free.😉

• Like 1

Vahid

SimElite Solutions