Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Recommended Posts

Absolutely awesome package. So many airlines with a big variety of liveries, and flightplans.  Installed new version, and already finding more updates for flightplans. With a right click , it installs the update including any new liveries and models for the updated FP. Really fantastic that was once a much more tedious time consuming job.  The only issue I have is the display formatting is partly cut off and very small  to read at times, but im guessing its the 4k desktop resolution thats the cause. 

A very big thanks to the whole team who put this together. 


Dave Seminchuk  CYVR LSZH 

xtbieq-5.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Absolutely awesome package. So many airlines with a big variety of liveries, and flightplans.  Installed new version, and already finding more updates for flightplans. With a right click , it installs the update including any new liveries and models for the updated FP. Really fantastic that was once a much more tedious time consuming job.  The only issue I have is the display formatting is partly cut off and very small  to read at times, but im guessing its the 4k desktop resolution thats the cause. 

A very big thanks to the whole team who put this together. 

If you can provide me some screenshots of the UI problems over in the AIG Forum, I will see if we can change the UI


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

As I already stated on another thread, I love AI(G). I've now installed about 480 (!!!) flight plans and the corresponding aircraft and liveries. It works like a charm and I run the AIG-OCI at least once a day, just to see if there is something new. BTW,  I' am eagerly waiting for Virgin Australia and Tiger Airlines. Any chance those coming soon for OCI?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nemo said:

I walked exactly the same route, as probably many of us. The only way I could imagine to "return" to UTL would be they provide a simple procedure to move all my AIG-OCI AI Traffic (airlines, aircraft and flight plans) to UTL just to use their AI injection system.

Hi

Populate UTL with the AI Aircrafts loaded by AIGAIM - OCI is very easy.

You just need :

AI2UTL which automatically creates a file repaints.xml with the AI Aircrafts of AIGAIM (you don't need to affect anything)

- UTL_FP which arrange the combinations airlines-aircrafts in UTL if you will change something.

You will find the explanation there :

https://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17778&title=ai2utl-injector-tool

I am very happy with the results.

Regards

Denis

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nemo said:

The only way I could imagine to "return" to UTL would be they provide a simple procedure to move all my AIG-OCI AI Traffic (airlines, aircraft and flight plans) to UTL just to use their AI injection system.

 My only question out of curiosity as I've seen this mentioned a few times now in various groups/forums though is why? The AI injection method isn't any better on performance. The best part of UTL is that some (many flights don't) of its traffic operates on routes which is nice but those routes need to be more varied and similar to those used in the real world instead of the basic unrealistic ones created with the FSX flight planner. It's a tiny plus compared to the quirks that come with it. 


i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post

This may very well be the best piece of freeware available for P3D right now.  It’s absolutely amazing and to me renders payware AI products redundant.  

I’ve donated before and certainly will again.  Well done to the team!


Dave

Current System (Running at 1440p): GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0), i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz, RTX2080ti, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

 My only question out of curiosity as I've seen this mentioned a few times now in various groups/forums though is why? The AI injection method isn't any better on performance. The best part of UTL is that some (many flights don't) of its traffic operates on routes which is nice but those routes need to be more varied and similar to those used in the real world instead of the basic unrealistic ones created with the FSX flight planner. It's a tiny plus compared to the quirks that come with it. 

I don't know if it makes sense,  but I always thought UTL AI injection mode is better in performance. Sure it is not? The other reason what could justify it, would be that AI density level can be changed more easily. But as I said, I would only try it if I can transfer my whole AIG-OC setup (a/c + liveries + flightplans) in an easy way. I mean I would not keep anything from UTL except its engine. I know It is already possible, but very cumbersome.


- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Fair enough. No, there's no performance gains from using UTL and injected traffic. The only reason it might seem that way is due to a much smaller number of aircraft in your traffic bubble.


i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DPetitme said:

Hi

Populate UTL with the AI Aircrafts loaded by AIGAIM - OCI is very easy.

You just need :

AI2UTL which automatically creates a file repaints.xml with the AI Aircrafts of AIGAIM (you don't need to affect anything)

- UTL_FP which arrange the combinations airlines-aircrafts in UTL if you will change something.

You will find the explanation there :

https://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17778&title=ai2utl-injector-tool

I am very happy with the results.

Regards

Denis

Thanks. For me it looks still a bit complicated but maybe I'll try after I've made all necessary backups.


- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

So far I am very impressed with AIG flight manager. A question I have is, do AI follow realistic routes and SID/STARS or its a direct to?


 Prepar3D v5 | X-Plane 11 | DCS  World  
Dell U3417W | Intel i7 7700K msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio | Gigabyte Z170X  Gaming 7 | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | 2 x Samsung 860 EVO
1TB | WD 6TB  Caviar BLack | Corsair RM1000i | Corsair H115i Platinum | Virpil VPC WarBRD Base | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50CM Grip | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog A-10C Grip | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 Throttle | Monstertech Table Mounts | Virtual Fly TQ6+ Throttle Quadrant  |  Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | 
Fleet                                                                                                                                                       

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

So far I am very impressed with AIG flight manager. A question I have is, do AI follow realistic routes and SID/STARS or its a direct to?

They follow whatever the specific ATC tells them to follow. The default ATC (and most other ATC add-ons that do not control AI aircraft) will not direct the AIG aircraft to follow departures and arrivals. They will follow approach procedures (ILS, etc.) and land on the active runway depending on the wind direction. VOXATC will cause the AIG aircraft to correctly follow all approaches, arrivals and departures. This is how BGL flight schedules work in FSX and P3d.

As to enroute AI movement, only UTL AI aircraft will follow waypoints enroute. With BGL flight schedules, AI aircraft while enroute, will fly directly from the departure airport to the destination airport.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

They follow whatever the specific ATC tells them to follow. The default ATC (and most other ATC add-ons that do not control AI aircraft) will not direct the AIG aircraft to follow departures and arrivals. They will follow approach procedures (ILS, etc.) and land on the active runway depending on the wind direction. VOXATC will cause the AIG aircraft to correctly follow all approaches, arrivals and departures. This is how BGL flight schedules work in FSX and P3d.

As to enroute AI movement, only UTL AI aircraft will follow waypoints enroute. With BGL flight schedules, AI aircraft while enroute, will fly directly from the departure airport to the destination airport.

Thank you very much Jay for the very explanatory reply : )

I see there is a way to merge UTL and AIG models/liveries as Denis mentioned earlier, however it seems to me that AIG has bigger variety of aircraft models and repaints than this merging can offer, so I'll stay with the pure AIG manager solution. 

Edited by Daedalus

 Prepar3D v5 | X-Plane 11 | DCS  World  
Dell U3417W | Intel i7 7700K msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio | Gigabyte Z170X  Gaming 7 | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | 2 x Samsung 860 EVO
1TB | WD 6TB  Caviar BLack | Corsair RM1000i | Corsair H115i Platinum | Virpil VPC WarBRD Base | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50CM Grip | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog A-10C Grip | Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 Throttle | Monstertech Table Mounts | Virtual Fly TQ6+ Throttle Quadrant  |  Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | 
Fleet                                                                                                                                                       

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I see there is a way to merge UTL and AIG models/liveries as Denis mentioned earlier, however it seems to me that AIG has bigger variety of aircraft models and repaints than this merging can offer, so I'll stay with the pure AIG manager solution.

By far the best option. As mentioned before, UTL really only brings en route airways to the table and they are pretty poor at that.

  • Upvote 1

i7-8700K, 16gb DDR4 3200,  GTX1080Ti, Win 10, P3d V5x

Share this post


Link to post

We at AIG might create a new type of Flightplan, that will contain the PLN file and them we will inject them via SimConnect. But this will be a longterm....

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Add me to the list of converts! 👍😁 It took me two days to install everything but the effort was worth it.

I had been using UTLive but their routes and aircraft was nowhere near the real thing. It’s now being used for GA Traffic only.

I decided to set Ai to 100 in P3D and have a test flight from KLAS to KSFO. Loads of Ai departing around dawn and enroute there were always 30+ Ai around me. By the time I landed at KSFO FSUIPC was counting over 600 Ai in the bubble. Airborne and at KSFO.

Despite the setting my fps remained in the 20s landing on 28R. Fantastic. The only reason I may need to lower the setting is so I have a gate at my destination.

Clearly this is a labour of love for the developers and it shows. If they accept donations I will definitely be making one. 👍

  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...