Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Absolutely! Within OCI, you set it to randomize the traffic between 1-99 %. Then you can use your traffic slider in the sim to adjust as required.

I checked my settings and they are 10 and 100. The odd thing is I’m unable to change them. Anyone else have that problem?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Kai - question for you. I had previously randomized all of the flight plans using AIFP. After you stated that we could do it in AIM, I tried it. I input the activity level ranges and clicked Save & Close but I didn't see anything happen. Is it supposed to recompile the plans at that point? The timestamps on the flight plan files seem to be from the last time that I used AIFP to randomize the traffic.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I checked my settings and they are 10 and 100. The odd thing is I’m unable to change them. Anyone else have that problem?

in the settings?

@MDFlier

only new BGLs are affected by this change

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

20 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

in the settings?

@MDFlier

only new BGLs are affected by this change

Yes, the values cannot be changed. are you able to replicate this? I haven’t changed anything since installing all airlines earlier this week.

It’s not a complaint. I’m very happy with AIG. Just curious why the values cannot be changed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thats a good question. I will try to verify it on my end - problem is that I'm currently on a business trip and don't have access to all parts of the tool. But I will see what I can do. Can you check if you have something in your logs or in the Windows log?

Maybe someone else can test it on their system as well 🙂

18 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just to clarify this point, the difference in FPS is only because UTL is injecting A LOT less aircraft into your sim.

Dave,

This also depends on how many paints are assigned to UTL. I have a huge amount of additional liveries which leaves very few , if any , free parking spots in medium and large airports - to an extent actually, that I need to limit the amount of AI in such places.

At this point, I wonder if adding on top of that won't be a case of diminishing returns. Add to that, the fact that my previous attempt at AIM resulted in the latter wrecking havoc in sims aircraft.cfg files so I'm a bit reluctant at this point.

what I'm trying to ask is, do you think that adding AIM packages on top of a "full" UTL won't be a bit of an overkill?

22 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

This also depends on how many paints are assigned to UTL. I have a huge amount of additional liveries which leaves very few , if any , free parking spots in medium and large airports - to an extent actually, that I need to limit the amount of AI in such places.

100%, but I had reassigned almost ALL of the missing repaints in UTL and it's still not the same amount or variation in liveries and types etc. It's also a very very small percentage of users who are going to go to those lengths to reassign the missing aircraft. 

AIM will not touch your user added AI aircraft.cfg's, it installs everything into its own folder. As for overkill? No, I wouldn't say so at all. If anything, as you add airlines with AIM you simply disable those airlines in UTL. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

17 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

thats a good question. I will try to verify it on my end - problem is that I'm currently on a business trip and don't have access to all parts of the tool. But I will see what I can do. Can you check if you have something in your logs or in the Windows log?

Maybe someone else can test it on their system as well 🙂

I have found how to alter those values. Bit of a strange system. Using the 0-9 keys above the QWERTY row won't work. I have to use the NumPad keys and even then have to delete the existing values before I can enter new ones. 1 and 99 now entered and saved.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks good to know. We had to make sure that only int values below 100 are possible. so it might be related to that...

16 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

thanks good to know. We had to make sure that only int values below 100 are possible. so it might be related to that...

Agreed but bear in mind not all keyboards may have a separate Numpad section.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Absolutely! Within OCI, you set it to randomize the traffic between 1-99 %. Then you can use your traffic slider in the sim to adjust as required.

I know this may seem like a silly question but I’m still struggling with the idea of randomizing the traffic AND setting the P3D slider. How do the two things relate in terms of what you see at an airport or more importantly within the AI bubble radius of your aircraft?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

No effect on the size of the reality bubble, it's as big as it always is for BGL based traffic.

The flight plans all specify what is the minimum value of P3D traffic slider required in order for that flight to be made into a simulator AI object at the appropriate time and place.  I use both all the time, and randomize over again every once in a while just to see a different set (although still real world accurate) of AI flights for a given slider value.

Simon

I'm going to slide in a quick AIFP question while we are discussing randomizing traffic.

From the AIFP manual:

Updating Activity Levels – Activity levels in traffic files may be adjusted in a variety of ways.  Select the Bulk Traffic / Update Activity Levels in Traffic Files, select the traffic files of interest and enter the update boundaries as “n1-n2”.  Activity levels will  be adjusted to random numbers within the specified range.  If the two values are equal, then, of course, all activity levels will be adjusted to the entered value. You may limit the activity levels that are adjusted by prefacing the entry with “<” or “>”, which will leave those existing levels less than n1 or greater than n2, respectively, to remain unchanged.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the "<" and/or ">" when doing so? Every time I try to use them, AIFP tells me it's not a valid entry.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I'm going to slide in a quick AIFP question while we are discussing randomizing traffic.

From the AIFP manual:

Updating Activity Levels – Activity levels in traffic files may be adjusted in a variety of ways.  Select the Bulk Traffic / Update Activity Levels in Traffic Files, select the traffic files of interest and enter the update boundaries as “n1-n2”.  Activity levels will  be adjusted to random numbers within the specified range.  If the two values are equal, then, of course, all activity levels will be adjusted to the entered value. You may limit the activity levels that are adjusted by prefacing the entry with “<” or “>”, which will leave those existing levels less than n1 or greater than n2, respectively, to remain unchanged.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the "<" and/or ">" when doing so? Every time I try to use them, AIFP tells me it's not a valid entry.

I suggest only to adjust/randomize larger airlines leaving smaller at the 1% level. Good for diversity and good for performance.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

FYI: A user over at the AIG Forum reported that sometimes not all Airports are listed in the Live Timetable. I am aware of that problem but I am nut sure if this is caused by AIM or the SimConnect interface that provides the Airports. A workaround is to select the airport on the Map of V4 and then try again. I will investigate this error in the next weeks to identify the source.