Jump to content

Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

Recommended Posts

So, I suppose in all the upheaval between 0.9.2.x, eventually now none of my AIG traffic shows up anymore. All the files are there, the addon.xml is present and active and seems to declare everything correctly, so it's unclear to me why none of the AIG traffic shows up. This is not a general issue with my AI traffic, as my own, custom traffic (e.g. my VHHX 1998 traffic) is all present and working fine. Specifically the AIG traffic is affected. This happened after changes made since Friday, which I believe includes the update to 0.9.2.2, the deletion and re-installation of Air Kiribati and Real Tonga, and installation of a select number of update to existing packages, such as Tibet Airlines and Qantas/Qantaslink.

I posted at the AIM forum and will await assistance there, but will post back here when a resolution is found.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

So, I suppose in all the upheaval between 0.9.2.x, eventually now none of my AIG traffic shows up anymore. All the files are there, the addon.xml is present and active and seems to declare everything correctly, so it's unclear to me why none of the AIG traffic shows up. This is not a general issue with my AI traffic, as my own, custom traffic (e.g. my VHHX 1998 traffic) is all present and working fine. Specifically the AIG traffic is affected. This happened after changes made since Friday, which I believe includes the update to 0.9.2.2, the deletion and re-installation of Air Kiribati and Real Tonga, and installation of a select number of update to existing packages, such as Tibet Airlines and Qantas/Qantaslink.

I posted at the AIM forum and will await assistance there, but will post back here when a resolution is found.

Wow. I didn’t lose the AIG traffic after mine updated to 0.9.2.2 just that it didn’t like the xml edit I made which only prevented it from launching the AIGTech Manager. I was able to launch AIG after I put back the xml edit but then went back to the edited xml to not conflict with the Reborn effects.

It appears my issue is self induced by the editing I did and I will be trying Kaii’s suggestion later as to how to make AI Lights Reborn work when installing it after AIG AI OCI.

Good Luck and I will continue to follow the post and let Kaii know if his suggestion to me worked later today.

Joe


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I also got T360 & AIG AI working with reborn by copying the AIG effects to FSR, then disabling the effect in OCI .xml. All NAV lights & effects work great now.

disabling the effects in the xml of OCI can cause troubles when installing a new model, please reactivate it. As soon as AIM detects a valid FSReborn Entry it will only instal Effects that are not used in FSReborn.


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

disabling the effects in the xml of OCI can cause troubles when installing a new model, please reactivate it. As soon as AIM detects a valid FSReborn Entry it will only instal Effects that are not used in FSReborn.

OK. Now I understand why I lost the NAV lights. I never ran the UI. I will restore back to normal, then follow your instructions, run the OCI, then test again. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Guys,

we found a major bug in AIM that could cause a removal of all Repaints in the OCI Addon. Please DO NOT RUN "Remove Unused Fltsim" in the OCI Settings Window. A fix is currently beeing tested and will be uplaoded later - sorry for the problem.

A possible cause for this to happen was the fact that AIM has loaded a corrupt sim.cfg/aircraft.cfg (in any SimObject not only AIGAIM). These faulty SimObjects are causing problems from time to time and I am currently trying to find all spots where this could happen, unfortunately this very powerfull method was one of the effected.... Sorry guys.... 😞 But remember this is only a beta and we are having this public test to find all the bugs, and all systems are different 😉


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Fix is currently beeing uplaoded and will be downloaded by the autoupdater shortly - again sorry guys...

 

For the users that have ran into the bug:

  1. Delete all BGLs
  2. Start AIM
  3. After AIM has started go to: [OCI Addon]/Traffic Files/Scenery and open FPDatabase.xml -> this file should be emtpy now if yes close it and proceed to 4. if not report back in the AIG Forum
  4. Reinstall all airlines

 


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

disabling the effects in the xml of OCI can cause troubles when installing a new model, please reactivate it. As soon as AIM detects a valid FSReborn Entry it will only instal Effects that are not used in FSReborn.

Tried again, but this time I opened OCI and it automatically updated to v .3. Went back into the sim and I still did not have any NAV lights in the AIG AI.

For now I'll stick with the method that works with FSReborn lights free version. If I want to add AIG airliners, I'll simply copy back original .xml.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Fix is currently beeing uplaoded and will be downloaded by the autoupdater shortly - again sorry guys...

 

For the users that have ran into the bug:

  1. Delete all BGLs
  2. Start AIM
  3. After AIM has started go to: [OCI Addon]/Traffic Files/Scenery and open FPDatabase.xml -> this file should be emtpy now if yes close it and proceed to 4. if not report back in the AIG Forum
  4. Reinstall all airlines

 

Thanks Kai! This is working just fine.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

keep the effect part in AIG, just delete the files you no longer need  as they are part of FSReborn. AIM now knows that you have FSReborn installed and won't install any effect that is used by FSReborn

Hello Kaiii

Luckily I did not experience the new issue from the last update regarding file deletions!

I did want to say I now have the AI Lights Reborn Free Edition addition with AIG Installed first worked out per your recommendation.

     Went back to the originally installed AI Lights Reborn Free Edition > All Lights Effects folder before I merged it with AIG contents without over writing its contents.

     Then Deleted all the AIGAIM - OCI > Effects folder files with the same name as found in the AI Lights Reborn Free Edition > All Lights Effects folder.

     Went back to the original AIGAIM - OCI > OCI - Configuration add-on.xml file with the effects pointer

Everything now works well. I have all the AIM AI working and the AIMTech Manager launches fine AND all the AI Lights Reborn wonderful enhancements work as well!

Thanks for your patience and guidance!

Joe

 

  • Like 1

I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post

Today I updated AIM and then the airlines and flights (OCI only).

No problems it seemed --- till I ran P3D4. Then during loading P3D4 stopped twice reporting two separate instances of duplicate aircraft titles:

"AIGAIM_Real Tonga Airline Harbin Y-12 - old logo"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_MCAI_Harbin_Y-12

and
"AIGAIM_FedEx Express Boeing 777-200F"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_TFS_B777-200F

I fixed these by deleting the later of the duplicates which each appear in the two specific AIRCRAFT.CFG files.

However, I am concerned that they might re-appear next time I perform an update.

I should add that this is the first ever problem I've had with AIM which is most certainly the best AI Traffic add-on ever for any of the FS/P3D family. And I have tried them all!

Pete

 

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 2004 19041.264
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Today I updated AIM and then the airlines and flights (OCI only).

No problems it seemed --- till I ran P3D4. Then during loading P3D4 stopped twice reporting two separate instances of duplicate aircraft titles:

"AIGAIM_Real Tonga Airline Harbin Y-12 - old logo"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_MCAI_Harbin_Y-12

and
"AIGAIM_FedEx Express Boeing 777-200F"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_TFS_B777-200F

I fixed these by deleting the later of the duplicates which each appear in the two specific AIRCRAFT.CFG files.

However, I am concerned that they might re-appear next time I perform an update.

I should add that this is the first ever problem I've had with AIM which is most certainly the best AI Traffic add-on ever for any of the FS/P3D family. And I have tried them all!

Pete

 

I had the same issue. I actually uninstalled those airlines to clear the errors. Also, in addition to those errors, P3D wouldn't load to the create a scenario screen. Instead of fully loading, it minimized, but the process was gone from the list of running processes. It seems fine now.


MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; P3DV4.5, ASP4, REXSF, REXEF, AIGAIM, ProATCx, GSX, Chaseplane, 

Windows 10 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, Single 32" 4k Monitor, Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek TQ's (2x), CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 



 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I had the same issue. I actually uninstalled those airlines to clear the errors. Also, in addition to those errors, P3D wouldn't load to the create a scenario screen. Instead of fully loading, it minimized, but the process was gone from the list of running processes. It seems fine now.

I have also run into this several times when updating and had to resort to deleting the additional entries in the aircraft.cgs. Since then I always uninstall the respective airline and reinstall the new version.

When this duplicate aircraft issue appears in P3D, the sim will not start and has to be shutdown via the process manager, I also found it necessary to reboot the system because remotely running AS4 would not connect to the sim anymore. Quite time-consuming.

But of course, I would not want to miss AIM anymore.

Edited by A340Bangla

Erhard

i7 8086k OC 5.0 ROG Maximus XI 16GB DDR4 Termaltake AIO / RTX 2080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Today I updated AIM and then the airlines and flights (OCI only).

No problems it seemed --- till I ran P3D4. Then during loading P3D4 stopped twice reporting two separate instances of duplicate aircraft titles:

"AIGAIM_Real Tonga Airline Harbin Y-12 - old logo"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_MCAI_Harbin_Y-12

and
"AIGAIM_FedEx Express Boeing 777-200F"
in AIG Flights\AIGAIM - OCI\SimObjects\AIGAIM_TFS_B777-200F

I fixed these by deleting the later of the duplicates which each appear in the two specific AIRCRAFT.CFG files.

However, I am concerned that they might re-appear next time I perform an update.

I should add that this is the first ever problem I've had with AIM which is most certainly the best AI Traffic add-on ever for any of the FS/P3D family. And I have tried them all!

Pete

 

we had some big problems with the Y-12 lately and it seems it is still a bigger weekness. I will take a look into it, the 777-200F is a new one for me.


AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Pete,

I had the same problem and did the same as you - delete the last entry in aircraft.cfg. I then restarted P3D and the message didn't reappear. I can't remember if I checked for updates after that but it seems @Kaiii3 is on the job so it should hopefully be fixed soon.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

@Pete Dowson, I've updated to 0.9.2.3 and updated airlines that were available. Then I launched P3D v4.5 and it didn't report any problems with duplicate Ai entries. Problem definitely solved. 👍


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    39%
    $9,950.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...