Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If I spent fifty quid on an ATC program and it didn't interact with Ai aircraft I would not be happy.

Well, I don't recall how much it was, but this is another reason you wouldn't be happy with Pilot2ATC. You didn't mention that last week! 😉

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

So far so good.  I've been pretty impressed with AIG.  Though some of the issues that I remember when using traffic programs all the way back to FS9 still bother me.  I booted up at ATL.  yes busy airport.  But there were airplanes all up on each other and numerous go arounds.  Do I have it set too busy?  I dialed it back to 5% airline in P3D, but that didn't help.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, I don't recall how much it was, but this is another reason you wouldn't be happy with Pilot2ATC. You didn't mention that last week! 😉

Pete

Too much to absorb Pete! :biggrin: So you never hear interaction with other Ai? What about when there's one ahead of you waiting for take-off clearance. Does P2ATC know of his existence?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

58 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Too much to absorb Pete! :biggrin: So you never hear interaction with other Ai? What about when there's one ahead of you waiting for take-off clearance. Does P2ATC know of his existence?

Hi Ray,

As an RC4 user for many years - I just did the 10 day trial on P2A... There is a GREAT DEAL to like about P2A - it handles VFR traffic, pattern work, verbal ICAO communications, and full taxi instructions - - - things sorely missing from RC4... While it may know of the AI aircraft on final - P2A only communicates with the "players" aircraft - there are no communications whatsoever with any AI aircraft... Unfortunately - this is glaringly obvious and a showstopper for me - so I'm back with RC4 but I'm still looking for better...

OBTW: Are you still in contact with any of the folks with RC4 ? If so - it might be worth broaching the subject to see if they would consider "Open Sourcing" their code - so someone else might be able to take the code and build on the fine work they started to move the ball forward ? Just my two cents...

Regards,
Scott   

My full PTA conclusions are at the bottom of this thread...

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

@scottb613, Hi Scott. Thanks for the good points about P2A. I've heard the taxi instructions when I visited Pete last week and understanding them is something of an acquired skill!

RC4 is still remarkably robust but since I’ve installed the AIG package some airlines like Thompson (a popular U.K. holiday operator) is only enunciated as Tango. Not a killer but slightly disappointing since Thompson appears nowhere in the voice sets so I can’t do a copy and paste.

You make some good points in that post. Not having to consider comms with other aircraft does simplify the load on the program. I’m not saying it makes it easy to write because ATC programs are probably the most challenging to create.

But when you consider RC4 was written 13 years ago with the input of two professional AT controllers (U.K. and US) it has certainly has lasted very well and is still a very fine program.

John Dekker may be open to making the VB code available. His contact address is available in the first locked topic on the RC forum. I don’t communicate with either him or Doug Thompson any more. I do have his private address if anyone wants to ask him.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray.  How do you prevent the "Traffic Jams".  Mass go arounds.  Multiple aircraft stacked up on approach?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

28 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Ray.  How do you prevent the "Traffic Jams".  Mass go arounds.  Multiple aircraft stacked up on approach?

I don't think you can. These are real-world operations so the airports can cope in real life because of two main reasons:-

1) Humans are better than P3D at separating inbounds.

2) Ai aircraft take too long to exit the active runway after landing.

Hard to see how the first can be improved since the tools that worked for FSX don't appear to be effective in P3D. Only L-M can fix the second by improving the underlying code. It has been pointed out to them but whether they do it is anyone's guess.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi pilots,
A warm thanks to Kai for this fantastic tool.
I share with you guys the joy to forget all AI Traffic outdated paywares we had until now and to discover a true new skies.
A donation will immediately follow and with great pleasure.

After spending some good hours installing all available flight plans (600) on 25815 airports for 480 simobjects (!) I am delighted with what I see.
My single question is how to get more traffic at the gates?
P3D sliders are already at 100% so maybe did I miss something.

Thanks! 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

@David Roch, what airport are you at and time of day please? I'll tell you how many Ai I have.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Very kind from you Ray.
Here you are:
LIRF Gate 407
Sunday Aug 18th 2019. 14:00ZT

Actually, after rebooting my PC it seems that traffic is back to normal.
But I'd be interested to get your feedback anyway.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

hey guys,

1) We do have some problems with our servers at the moment, I have no cluie what it is now....

2) As pointed out by Ray, there is nothing we can do at the moment regarding the AI Behavior, best work around is to let the Sim run for about 20min so the AI can sattle a bit

3) If you use the default Airports it might cause problems regarding the parking size, if there a re not big parking spots the AI traffic will now spawn

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

@David Roch, I count a total of 67. 50 on the ground and 17 airborne. Bear in mind that count is in a 80nm radius so will include other Rome airports.

If you want to count the number of Ai use FSUIPC Logging, offset 025C, Type U8. Choose FS Title Bar to view the result.

@micstatic, you'll find that once you have programmed your CDU and prepared the aircraft the inbounds will have landed. Outbounds should have caught up too. Remember P3D tries to play catchup with Ai so the first 10 minutes or so will be very busy.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

2) Ai aircraft take too long to exit the active runway after landing.

Hard to see how the first can be improved since the tools that worked for FSX don't appear to be effective in P3D. Only L-M can fix the second by improving the underlying code. It has been pointed out to them but whether they do it is anyone's guess.

It’s not a perfect fix, but there are files in the library here that increase AI taxi speed.  Again not perfect but does help them clear the runway more quickly (and taxi at a more reasonable speed in general).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

It’s not a perfect fix, but there are files in the library here that increase AI taxi speed.  Again not perfect but does help them clear the runway more quickly (and taxi at a more reasonable speed in general).

It isn’t the taxi speed itself that’s the problem but the lack of intelligence when trying to depart the active runway. That can only be fixed by LM.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Corrected reply.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, thanks Ray.
FSUIPC shows 108 AI on my side, but I believe gates are quite empty for a Sunday in summer.
7ytVpi.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch