Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

Think I'm gonna stick with 4.4 as it works absolutely fine for me , tried the 4.5 and had issues and so went back to 4.4 . Reading the varied responses from users here I'm gonna wait until new win 10 update,  add on updates , rex orbx etc and the P3d v5. Thanks for all the feedback , it's been useful 

And what's the betting, that P3D v5 (which will no doubt cost), will inherit all these issues ?

I get the feeling P3D is going the same way as Windows 10 ... fix one thing, break two others.

Hmmm.... time will tell.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, asustech said:

Think I'm gonna stick with 4.4 as it works absolutely fine for me , tried the 4.5 and had issues and so went back to 4.4 . Reading the varied responses from users here I'm gonna wait until new win 10 update,  add on updates , rex orbx etc and the P3d v5. Thanks for all the feedback , it's been useful 

Heh, V5 will probably have you waiting months for some addons to become compatible, rather than hours and days.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Correct, this will only appear if you rebuild your prepar3.cfg file after the HF or on a brand new installation (no P3D before)

I will have a double check because after upgrading the Client (only) and deleting the Prepar3D.cfg before the first launch I didn't find the UIHardwareAcceleration=false.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

2 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Try this.

My new fix crashed my P3D 4.5 at startup, but this fix solved my problem.

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.

--------------------------------------

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thanks JJJackson. It was me who found the solution :DD

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Thanks for that Daedalus, guess you made a lot of people very happy!  Keep up the good work. 😄

Jack

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

I will have a double check because after upgrading the Client (only) and deleting the Prepar3D.cfg before the first launch I didn't find the UIHardwareAcceleration=false.

You can add it yourself and change it to True, as you want max performance .....

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

You can add it yourself and change it to True, as you want max performance .....

Yes will test ! Despite, I'm not expecting anything magic (too old in the sim. business) 😉

So far a (very) quick test showed good performance so far. I'm currently enthousiastic at Flytampa Las Vegas and raised some autogen sliders to push my performance enveloppe. So far so good and my favorite addons are compatible (F1 GTN, Active Sky).

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Hello everybody!  

The option you are commenting on: UIHardwareAcceleration ... In which part of the Prepard3d.cfg is it placed?  [DISPLAY], [MAIN] ... ??  

Thanks and best regards!

2 minutes ago, Joetsa said:

Hello everybody!  

The option you are commenting on: UIHardwareAcceleration ... In which part of the Prepard3d.cfg is it placed?  [DISPLAY], [MAIN] ... ??  

Thanks and best regards!

Under [USERINTERFACE]

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

That is not what I said on my earlier posts, my current understanding is that this setting will be default is enabled even if the setting is not configured at all (missing) and therefore UIHardwareAcceleration=false should not be there as this would disabled the hardware acceleration.

However there are reports of some user performing a full fresh install where the entry UIHardwareAcceleration=True is present.

As I said I will ask later today to Rob McCarthy (Lockheed Martin Engineer) confirmation about what is the expected behaviour for this new setting inside the prepar3d.cfg file in relation to:

A) What happens if the entry is not present at all.
B) Why some users have the entry set to  UIHardwareAcceleration=True when they perform full installs and missing when performing just client updates.

However, it is important to clarify one more time, that if you have disabled hardware acceleration via registry keys, it will remain DISABLED for P3D regardless of the setting you configure via UIHardwareAcceleration inside P3D.CfG, so it is very important to remove any registry key that disables HW acceleration if you have it.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol
  • Upvote 1

Just now, simbol said:

However there are reports of some user performing a full fresh install where the entry UIHardwareAcceleration=True is present.

Can confirm, on a fresh installation of Windows that has never seen P3D and a full install of HF1, I have UIHardwareAcceleration=True present in the .cfg per default.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

That is not what I said on my earlier posts, my current understanding is that this setting will be default is enabled even if the setting is not configured at all (missing) and therefore UIHardwareAcceleration=false should not be there as this would disabled the hardware acceleration.

As I said I will ask later today to Rob McCarthy (Lockheed Martin Engineer) confirmation about what is the expected behaviour for this new setting inside the prepar3d.cfg file in relation to:

A) What happens if the entry is not present at all.
B) Why some users have the entry set to  UIHardwareAcceleration=True when they perform full installs and missing when performing just client updates.

Regards,
S.

Hi S,

Just to let you know I did have that line added under User Interface when doing a Client Only update, deleting the .cfg and shaders.  It did indeed add UIHardwareAcceleration=True to the .cfg with Client Only

-P

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Can confirm, on a fresh installation of Windows that has never seen P3D and a full install of HF1, I have UIHardwareAcceleration=True present in the .cfg per default.

1 minute ago, psolk said:

Hi S,

Just to let you know I did have that line added under User Interface when doing a Client Only update, deleting the .cfg and shaders.  It did indeed add UIHardwareAcceleration=True to the .cfg

-P

Thanks guys, in that case @vbazillio, you might want to confirm you really installed the latest hotfix and actually deleted you P3D config file.

S.

47 minutes ago, simbol said:

Thanks guys, in that case @vbazillio, you might want to confirm you really installed the latest hotfix and actually deleted you P3D config file.

S.

I saved my old CFG  checked no UIHardwareAcceleration=True in that CFG then deleted the CFG copy  back my old start P3D then close it and there we have UIHardwareAcceleration=True in the old CFG must be added automatic.

Edited by westman
  • Like 1