Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

5 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

lol..you're funny.

Well. In my case I do have slightly better frames at TE Netherlands with FlyTampa EHAM AND VR! Also no blurries after flying around a while in a PMDG 747-8. I got stutters from time to time (maybe after every 10  or 30 seconds). But that might be related to my fresh installed AIG Manager and setting the traffic density to 70 % and 20% for GA Traffic. That is quite heavy on my frames and I think it influences my sim. So you give 4.5 a try in my opinion. I have good experiences with it. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 5/13/2019 at 10:04 AM, GCBraun said:

I wish we could have an automatic installer/updater like XP11. It is so easy doing these things with that sim. A complete re-install takes minutes, while on P3D, it might take days.

With so many updates and hot fixes being delivered by LM (which is good), hopefully we can get some more advancements here. The whole process is still very cumbersome for the user...

I totally agree with you. XP11 makes it easy for their users. But I still prefer P3D by far.

After spending this many dollars for P3D I would have hoped that future updates were made easier - surely is there is a more user friendly method that LM could develop.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Even though I do not use P3D v4, I would personally always do a fresh install of P3D whenever I use a lot of add-ons and a new update or hotfix comes out. The Client update approach as intended by LM only works perfectly if you use vanilla P3D at all times. In that case, all needed files are replaced, and there are no programs that tinker around with these files. If you run tons of add-ons that each overwrite some files or add entries to existing files, you may get unpredictable results, as this thread shows. Think about this: When you use a variety of add-ons, you have no control over which one does what to your files, and trying to keep an overview can be overwhelming.

I know that it takes some time and effort to do a fresh install, but it is the safest way, and you can rule out any interference by add-ons.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:45 PM, rfelger said:

Guys, is it necessary to delete the P3D.cfg ? I've used the same one since 4.3. & haven't had issues.

Thanks,

I have the same question. I would like to understand why the P3D.cfg has to be deleted.

Can someone advise us please.

Regards, Dane

22 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

我完全同意你的看法。XP11让用户轻松上手。但到目前为止我还是喜欢P3D。

花了这么多钱购买P3D后,我希望未来的更新变得更容易 - 肯定有一种更加用户友好的方法,LM可以开发。

It doesn't let you reinstall all of them, but just updates the client. It's very easy to get started, saving users countless hours.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:22 PM, Alan_A said:

Did all of the above.  Add-ons are fairly light - for my real-world use case test, there's Active Sky with the latest beta build, Orbx Global, Vector and NA landclass. and an A2A GA aircraft.  

The CTD is specific to a change in autogen levels and it's a new one for me - it didn't happen to me with the original 4.5.  I only had the performance issues with that one.

Did a full uninstall/reinstall of the original 4.5.  For the hotfix I uninstalled and reinstalled client and content.

My add-ons are the same as Alan, the only thing I did not do was to delete Shaders or CFG.

I will reinstall HF and do that. I understand deleting the Shaders but could someone explain why the CFG has to be deleted please.

Regards, Dane

3 hours ago, cdv0007 said:

It is highly recommended not to use shaders, as this will cause significant instability in HF1.

You can't avoid using them 😉 But I think we understand what you actually mean.🙂

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Been looking through this thread but couldn't find any info on FSLabs and this hotfix. Is the Airbus compatible with the hotfix? I know it can prevent P3D from initialising if not compatible. Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Interestingly, If I do the exact same scenario/plane/location/setup/startup, and leave the plane idling on the ground, ready for takeoff, but don't actually fly, the CTD never seems to happen, even after an extended period.

More tests tomorrow.

Have you stress tested your machine?  As in Prime95 for the cpu, and MemTest86 for the ram?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

What happens when we delete scenery config?  Can someone please remind me?  How does it effect add-ons?  Thanks.

Hi,

Prepar3d will create a new default one (as it does with all core config files that you delete). You will lose all scenery addons that have their reference in the scenery.cfg, and you have to add them back in yourself.

But this file has never changed and there is no reason whatsoever why you would want to delete it. There were instances where the simulator didn't start because of a single broken scenery path, but deleting the whole reference file is hardly the correct solution for that kind of problem...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

15 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Geez GEK...

Maybe you're the one who needs to take care about what info you are working with.

If you read my earlier posts in this thread about CTDs you will see I already said I was VERY methodical about the upgrade, that I cleared the shaders and cfg, and that I updated all the addons which require it, and disabled the ones which don't yet have updates.

So maybe it's you who needs to read more carefully.

Dear @SledDriver,

This thread grows by the hour and user information get scattered along it. If you indeed provided those informations then good. Read how many others do complain and did not take care of the stuff ;).

To your issues: your first post started with:

1. "Installed HOTFIX" --> Missing info is: How did you installed the HF (full / client only / etc)

2. "Updated relevant addons" --> Missing info: What addons? Were they already released from DEV as compatible or you just speculated and did it at go?

I could go further in the specifics but I won't since you are clearly a bit annoyed by the CTD's.

PS: If you want to be spared of all the frustration and debuging, you should ALWAYS try a new installation WITHOUT ANY addon's. I bet you did not.....

PS2: And please loose the attitude.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

On 5/14/2019 at 8:22 AM, Alan_A said:

Did all of the above.  Add-ons are fairly light - for my real-world use case test, there's Active Sky with the latest beta build, Orbx Global, Vector and NA landclass. and an A2A GA aircraft.  

The CTD is specific to a change in autogen levels and it's a new one for me - it didn't happen to me with the original 4.5.  I only had the performance issues with that one.

Did a full uninstall/reinstall of the original 4.5.  For the hotfix I uninstalled and reinstalled client and content.

Same thing is happening to me, whenever I try to change the autogen building density I have a CTD related clr.DLL.

Does anyone else facing the same issue?

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

17 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

Same thing is happening to me, whenever I try to change the autogen building density I have a CTD related clr.DLL.

Does anyone else facing the same issue?

Have not tested with the HF yet , but with the original 4.5 did get Stackhash CTD's when changing autogen density while in a scenario. 

On the other hand , FPS are back to normal. With vanilla installation , a default plane starting at KSEA FPS per hotfix 60-70 , FPS after hotfix 80-90.

There is the 30% FPS back .

8 hours ago, Mace said:

Have you stress tested your machine?  As in Prime95 for the cpu, and MemTest86 for the ram?

Yes, yes, yes. 🙂 Machine is rock solid under the most high duress.

Gotta smile at your 'unlogic' though. I stated that machine ran 4.5 non-hotfix on many flights of many hours in high demand scenery, and fails with hotfix in low demand scenery, and you ask if the machine is stable...doh.