Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

Just now, ca_metal said:

Now imagine newly and revamped sidewinders being released by Microsoft and fully compatible with The Scarllet.

Don’t tease me like this!! 😄

Edited by irrics

11 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Also am I the only one here that flys with an Xbox controller?

I fly PMDG with a mouse, keyboard and Xbox controller all the time and it works great. I do the same in A2A aircraft. No issues. You are kidding yourself if you think a plastic saitek yoke and those plastic rudder pedals are adding true realism to the sim.  They may add immersion and fun but realism? Not so much. 

In all probability, yes.

1 hour ago, Skywatcher said:

It will be available on Xbox One. That is the current console. Games that are cross platform need to appeal to users of both platforms. How and who using an Xbox One would want a complex flight sim??? They want arcade, rewards, challenges, multiplayer, blow things up!   

Dude. Why are you stating things that are not true? No where has it been stated that this is coming to the current XBOX ONE!! For crying out loud! Contrarily, it has been stated that it is coming to PC FIRST, and XBOX later. If you use some logic, by "later", that would likely be the next console system to be released by Microsoft-NOT the current XBOX ONE.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Now imagine that this all comes with a full motion home simulator that MS is going to throw in for you $4.95 per month. OK everyone start watching for the UPS truck. LOL!!

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

Don’t tease me like this!! 😄

With Force feedback... 😎

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

With Force feedback... 

Seriously they get some credit for making great hardware.

I can’t believe my MS force feedback joystick still works after all these years 

2 minutes ago, ganter said:

In all probability, yes.

Haha, fair enough, and for the record, I own a very nice yoke and rudder pedals I just can't be bothered to get them out all the time so I often have to make do. 

I guess I was trying to make the point that high-end simming comes in a lot of different ways and the Xbox and/or controller is not the limiting factor so it shouldn't be assumed that b/c the word "console" is involved in this new sim doesn't mean it's all arcade.  I love to learn about procedures and how pilots handle failures, I love complex approach procedures, and I can "study" all of those with the top level realism that P3D offers using a simple set up.

• Upvote 1

@TravelRunner404

I definitely agree with your sentiment there.

I use a ton of auto pilot and I’m much more interested in the procedural aspect than trying to replicate the control inputs perfectly, which to your point is somewhat of a fools errand. 

The one area I think it’s critical though is with helicopters.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Also am I the only one here that flys with an Xbox controller?

I fly PMDG with a mouse, keyboard and Xbox controller all the time and it works great. I do the same in A2A aircraft. No issues. You are kidding yourself if you think a plastic saitek yoke and those plastic rudder pedals are adding true realism to the sim.  They may add immersion and fun but realism? Not so much. 

I use a XBOX controller (Logitech), same function as my Futaba + additional Saitek Throttle Levers, saves Space on the desk...

regards

Michael Franz

Here we are, at 52 pages of wet droll and Dreams...

and some wonder if MS still has what it takes to motivate people! :wacko:

LOLOLOL! 

Stephen :smile:

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Well, the RTX implementation isn't a full fat ray tracing implementation, it's a lighter version that still manages to capture the essence of it. Still, does come with quite a performance hit. Luckily it's an optional feature for a series of cards most of us don't even own 😛 Then a few years down the line, when we've been through several iterations of cards, we can enable these features and still enjoy good performance. So no harm in having it present.

it already supports both types of raytracing. Battlefield V uses reflections only while Metro 2033 does both, reflections and global illumination. Performance hit is negligible, although im playing only 1080p on a 2080TI, 4K is a different story. And it remains to be seen how raytracing performs on something like a flightsim, thats going to be a different beast for sure

Can't wait for them to throw us the next set of breadcrumbs, then we'll have another 52 pages 😛

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 minutes ago, Motormike said:

AS = Aces Studio is more plausible than Aerosoft 

Or "AS" as in "ASDF". The keyboard row above would have spelled "QW" and the one below "ZX" - both not good.

Best regards

LORBY-SI