Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

2 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I don't get the draw to console they are so limited compared to PC

It's not Xbox only - it's for PC.  XBox Game Pass is Microsoft's equivalent of Steam - a streaming service.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/09/microsoft-flight-simulator-returns-with-breathtaking-realism/

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/09/microsoft-flight-simulator-announced-e3-2019

6 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

It's not Xbox only - it's for PC.  XBox Game Pass is Microsoft's equivalent of Steam - a streaming service.

It's not even for Xbox at all, seems they are mentioning PC only

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

If microsoft had turned up first at Flightsim Expo and announced this in the first seminar people at the expo would of been talking about nothing else but this.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I am ready, finally MS Flight Sim based on a new engine. Many of us have been waiting for this since 2006.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

This is insane....

Great.

Another flight simulator.

• Like 1

Is it a coincidence that this is announced just as Flightsim Expo is about to finish.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

This thought has crossed my mind as well.

Same here - but on reflection, we don't know how long it'll take this to get to market, and we don't know if it'll be worth buying when it does.  I figure I'll get a year's enjoyment at least out of any add-on I buy now - and maybe more than that.

Related thought - I don't relish the prospect of having to re-buy my A2A and PMDG aircraft a third time at full price.  But then again, we don't know if they'll be on board with this platform, and we don't know if it's a platform we'll want to use.

Way too many open questions right now - and for a few months at minimum - to draw any conclusions.

It'll be fun to watch things develop from a safe distance, though.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

XBOX UK site says PC and XBOX, its a bit confusing currently. However, i dont think this will come for the current gen of consoles, guess it will be released for "Project Scarlett" (the next gen xbox)

Btw, MS announced last week that all future releases will be on Steam as well, so it doesnt necessarily have to be locked down like MS store exclusives

I want to get excited for this but I know nothing about it other than it looks pretty. The trailer is very promising though. From the looks of it they're using 3D photogrammetry in places like San Francisco which is what you see if you visit it in Google maps. Only major cities will have photogrammetry scenery so everywhere else will presumably use auto-gen (on top of satellite images?). The clouds looks volumetric but it's hard to say. Hopefully they will reveal more soon.

The details don't matter whatsoever to me.

If it looks like that, short of a heart attack, stroke or pine box, count me in!

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

The thing is FSExpo is very small.... E3 has millions watching. XBOX definitely did the right thing and did not announce this at a mediocure small convention.

• Like 2

Just now, Gabshall said:

I'm not convinced the flight dynamics were correct for the flock of flamingos 😄

PMDG Flamingos, $89

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

11 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Same here - but on reflection, we don't know how long it'll take this to get to market, and we don't know if it'll be worth buying when it does.  I figure I'll get a year's enjoyment at least out of any add-on I buy now - and maybe more than that.

Related thought - I don't relish the prospect of having to re-buy my A2A and PMDG aircraft a third time at full price.  But then again, we don't know if they'll be on board with this platform, and we don't know if it's a platform we'll want to use.

Way too many open questions right now - and for a few months at minimum - to draw any conclusions.

It'll be fun to watch things develop from a safe distance, though.

I bet u will have too anyway with p3dv5

• Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton