Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Would not this be very costly in performance?

I would hope the artificial cloud computing would help with this instead and prepare the simulation of the seasons using better technology.

I don't want to have narnia sim with summer all the time 😂.

Simbol 

My PTA preset set is modifying almost every aspect of the Shaders and I am flying like this for almost 3 years now.

It might cost some performance, but then you are getting more realism in return.  

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

31 minutes ago, simbol said:

Would not this be very costly in performance?

I would hope the artificial cloud computing would help with this instead and prepare the simulation of the seasons using better technology.

I don't want to have narnia sim with summer all the time 😂.

Simbol 

I am not sure if using shaders to adjust for seasons would be more costly than some sort of AI method.

I will say this though -- it would surprise me if this proposed sim did not have seasons.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

16 hours ago, GSalden said:

Is it passion or perhaps obsession... ?

Who cares? :wacko: 

I sure don't!!!! 

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer :smile:

Stephen

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My understanding is more fuel leads to less wing flex, at least when airborne.  Wings should not flex very much on the ground (unless you're going over very large bumps, which really shouldn't exist anywhere an airliner taxis. 

When it comes to wing flex on the ground and in the air is got to be the B-52.  Those drop tanks on the end of the wings when empty would raise several feet above the ground. 

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Any word on seasons?  The preview video seemed to be another "Summer all the time" sim ... based on the ORBX thread regarding seasons for TE, it's clearly a "show stopper" for many ... hate to see this market segment get left out.

Cheers, Rob.

It was the 2nd thing I needed to know after real wx was confirmed - I created a thread on the same day we got added info (June 20th). No answer yet.

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Would not this (snow creation) be very costly in performance?

It is doable. XEnviro does it and according too ts developers those are not the operations that make these clouds so slow. But in my eyes the speculation and hopes go far beyond any boundaries that the real project will have

Edited by Longranger

11 hours ago, laminator said:

For me personally DOF is the biggest offender, lensflare e.g. can imho add quite something to the immersion if done in a subtle way. But in most cases they are hopelessly overdone. JJ Abrams aesthetics sbdy?

I know lensflares are an optical defect caused by the camera system (I worked for years in the special FX industry for a living), but done right stuff like this can take CGI to a different level as far as human perception is concerned in accepting something artificial as real. Our perception is flawed from decades of watching cinema & TV, so nowadays lots of stuff showed in movies for many people seems to be the real deal. In contrast if they see footage of something real they think something is missing and depict the real thing as soething artificial.

Tldr: sometimes correctly used "eyecandy" can help to increase immersion and sell CGI to be the real deal. I do not reject a Sim or movie only just because an optical phenomenon is not 100% physically correct if it helps to sell the illusion. On the other hand, if e.g. the flightmodel is flawed and incorrect, it´s a show stopper for me.

Can´t wait to get better information and more details on MSFS2020, for now all is just speculation.

An interesting take on the topic, thanks 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I personally like "cheesy lens flare." 🙂  

It's not like you're going to see it in the cockpit.  I compose screen shots to make the most effective use of it when it's there.

Depth of Field might be appropriate for post processing of a cinematic.  I'm not so sure about using it in any given external view.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I personally like "cheesy lens flare." 🙂  

It's not like you're going to see it in the cockpit.  I compose screen shots to make the most effective use of it when it's there.

Depth of Field might be appropriate for post processing of a cinematic.  I'm not so sure about using it in any given external view.

Hook

I hate lens flare (aren't we a motley crew 😊?) but my next question is : why does P3D give us the lens flare and is not able to render, even remotely, properly the sun glare 😉 ?

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, domkle said:

I hate lens flare (aren't we a motley crew 😊?) but my next question is : why does P3D give us the lens flare and is not able to render, even remotely, properly the sun glare 😉 ?

I assume you mean crepuscular rays.  What many people call God rays.

Cheesy lens flare is a very old technique and is easy to do.  God rays requires more processing.  We'll probably see it as a standard some day.  

Other sun effects are done fairly well, I think.  

Hook

Larry Hookins

I noticed in the video that the shadow of the aircraft passes over a part of the stadium.  It's the typical shadow we've always gotten in flight sims.

Will we ever get realistic aircraft shadow effects?  And would it be a good idea to even depict them, as only a few people with experience in small aircraft will have ever seen them.  It's actually a pretty cool effect in a real plane, but it's not what people expect and many would consider it a bug.

I'd never have seen the effect myself if I hadn't been consciously looking for the aircraft shadow every time I'm up in a real plane.

I'm going to leave it to someone else to describe the actual effect as I doubt I would be believed. 🙂

Hook

Larry Hookins

8 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I assume you mean crepuscular rays.  What many people call God rays.

Cheesy lens flare is a very old technique and is easy to do.  God rays requires more processing.  We'll probably see it as a standard some day.  

Other sun effects are done fairly well, I think.  

Hook

No I mean when you directly look at the sun you get dazzled and don't see anything around you for a second or two. The sun is not the pale yellow disk I see in the sim (don't have Rex stuff). This is done properly in most of the other games (RPGs mostly) I play.

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

1 hour ago, domkle said:

The sun is not the pale yellow disk I see in the sim (don't have Rex stuff). This is done properly in most of the other games (RPGs mostly) I play.

Well, not properly since there are no mo0nitors that can handle such a difference in brightness.

3 minutes ago, Longranger said:

Well, not properly since there are no mo0nitors that can handle such a difference in brightness.

Ok 😁 ! Convincingly ?

Dominique

2 hours ago, LHookins said:

I noticed in the video that the shadow of the aircraft passes over a part of the stadium.  It's the typical shadow we've always gotten in flight sims.

Will we ever get realistic aircraft shadow effects?  And would it be a good idea to even depict them, as only a few people with experience in small aircraft will have ever seen them.  It's actually a pretty cool effect in a real plane, but it's not what people expect and many would consider it a bug.

I'd never have seen the effect myself if I hadn't been consciously looking for the aircraft shadow every time I'm up in a real plane.

I'm going to leave it to someone else to describe the actual effect as I doubt I would be believed.

Yep, most people wouldn't "expect it and many would consider it a bug", but here it is anyway:

a3606803-169-light-aircraft-casting-shad

🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter