Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

French developer team? The guys who made Crew2 (terrible game btw). Where is this coming from? Source? Highly doubt

Lukas Dalton

Let's not forget about those great scenerios, for fs4 and fs5, by the French Alting Brothers!

Paris for FS5 was a charm, for it's time ...

They can come from everywhere, provided they're good 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 hours ago, pracines said:

But if someone buys the Professional Plus version of P3D ($2300.00), they can have both types in one.

Right there is the pricing problem I hope the new MSFS blows apart with MAXIMUM disruption. Totally. 

If this causes the demise and disappearance of the present dinosaurs, who milk the present for all the short term price-gouging they can get away with, while totally disregarding the tectonic shifts taking place in the world of computing and software development, and which DIRECTLY threaten their outdated business model, then so be it! 

We are entering a new phase of computer use - a new Golden Dawn, where the power of super-computing is exponentially increasing, and the cost is dropping in equal measure. And simultaneously, all the benefits of this TREMENDOUS power can be delivered QUICKLY and CHEAPLY to a mass-user market. 

As a customer, I'm delighted that MS is reentering this market with a product-reinvigoration that could give me exactly what I want at a dirt-cheap price I'm willing to pay. 

The survival of the present market participants, and who have been caught flat-footed by MS's disruptive re-entry, must be left to market forces.  They must now sink or swim. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jonnoxx said:

...We are entering a new phase of computer use - a new Golden Dawn, where the power of super-computing is exponentially increasing, and the cost is dropping in equal measure. And simultaneously, all the benefits of this TREMENDOUS power can be delivered QUICKLY and CHEAPLY to a mass-user market. 

As a customer, I'm delighted that MS is reentering this market with a product-reinvigoration that could give me exactly what I want at a dirt-cheap price I'm willing to pay... 

Exactly!

This is the dawn of a new age in Flight Simulation, fueled by the best ability, opportunity and visionary determination.

It doesn't take a prophet or reader of tea leaves to see that MSFS XX will prove to be a transforming game changer, nothing less.

You watch and see! :smile:

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer 

Stephen

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonnoxx said:

Right there is the pricing problem I hope the new MSFS blows apart with MAXIMUM disruption. Totally. 

If this causes the demise and disappearance of the present dinosaurs, who milk the present for all the short term price-gouging they can get away with, while totally disregarding the tectonic shifts taking place in the world of computing and software development, and which DIRECTLY threaten their outdated business model, then so be it! 

We are entering a new phase of computer use - a new Golden Dawn, where the power of super-computing is exponentially increasing, and the cost is dropping in equal measure. And simultaneously, all the benefits of this TREMENDOUS power can be delivered QUICKLY and CHEAPLY to a mass-user market. 

As a customer, I'm delighted that MS is reentering this market with a product-reinvigoration that could give me exactly what I want at a dirt-cheap price I'm willing to pay. 

The survival of the present market participants, and who have been caught flat-footed by MS's disruptive re-entry, must be left to market forces.  They must now sink or swim. 

Now all MS has to do is make positive that we flight simmers are pleased with what they offer, if we are pleased, they will swim, if we are not pleased, they will sink.

I from the tone of the statement on the official site, it sounds as though they will swim...even be that all new Ark like Noah and his sons built, that simply will not sink.:biggrin:

17 hours ago, toprob said:

This was my original thought when I first saw the trailer -- I went looking for this old ESP press release, from 2007. The plan was to build a visual simulation platform based on their FS technology. The second paragraph is interesting:

So it seems to me that their new sim is a modern take on this, starting with a flight simulator and building it into a visualisation tool for "government, commercial and academic organizations". So the flight simulator would be the first step in a cloud-based, AI-driven simulation platform aimed at enterprise customers.

I think you are reading this backwards..

The ESP spinoff was as quoted and was picked up by Lockheed Martin... and led to P3D.. which as we all know was not really intended for the FSX "Flightsimming" crowd..

The base FSX title was licensed to Dovetail who made a mess of it.. IMHO.. leaving a void which XPlane filled very nicely..

Now, it looks like Microsoft is re-entering the original Flightsimming market with an updated FSXI title, with no enterprise intent (leaving that space to LM..)

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Now, it looks like Microsoft is re-entering the original Flightsimming market with an updated FSXI title, with no enterprise intent (leaving that space to LM..)

That seems to make more sense. MS has always seemed to be very careful to never touch any thing that remotely could be considered an enterprise simulator. They have always been pretty clear that they don't want to ever meet with the FAA or other international bodies that talk about "real flying" It is just way to much liability for their plans. This among many other reasons is why we continue to see "almost Simulations" which does not mean that they can't be fun and offer a lot of entertainment and in reality can help a real world pilot keep his head in the game when not in the air.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

That seems to make more sense. MS has always seemed to be very careful to never touch any thing that remotely could be considered an enterprise simulator. They have always been pretty clear that they don't want to ever meet with the FAA or other international bodies that talk about "real flying" It is just way to much liability for their plans. This among many other reasons is why we continue to see "almost Simulations" which does not mean that they can't be fun and offer a lot of entertainment and in reality can help a real world pilot keep his head in the game when not in the air.

It also does not mean that they can in fact actually ALSO be a 100% correct flight Simulator either!  Just not a formally certified one. There! Both headaches solved! 🤗

Edited by Jonnoxx

We are going on 2020...its VR Simming or nothing to me at this point.

4K 60FPS through a 2d flat pancake screen I can never go back to.

My fingers are crossed WMR and MSFS Team are sitting at the same table to cross worlds with this one.

Got a confirmation today Flyinside Devs will do the VR injection if it's even possible as in if the Windows Game Store DRM allows it.(I highly doubt)

Or Microsoft allows them as a 3rd Party Addon Dev.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Here's an interesting video by Google explaining their Stadia gaming portal concept.  It provides strong clues as to what will be possible with software in MSFS, and the reality of actually delivering that new experience seamlessly to the user on whatever device he has.

Both Google and MS are battling it out in the same market sphere, and with similar business models.

Bottom line … simulation's computing and delivery future has finally arrived in a way that truly and forever changes the current paradigm - and obliterates all conceptions embedded in the past.

Headline quote from Google … "This is just the start!"   Pretty sure MS will want to brag the same.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I certainly agree that they wouldn't be keen on an enterprise simulator, I'm talking about a world model/visualisation tool. Imagine if you were responsible for a major city development or a new power station, there are a lot of uses for a 'base' visualisation tool, from selling the idea to getting resource consent. Already having an accurate 'world' to place it in would save a lot of money and time. So they are competing more with Google than LM.

I'm not suggesting that this will happen next year, but releasing a flight simulator gives the concept of a cloud-based streaming world a good workout, with a lively -- and vocal! -- group.

The type of promotion they've done for the HoloLens suggests the direction they want to go for enterprise customers. A city council, engineering firm or any corporation could benefit greatly from a dozen hololenses and a Microsoft model of the world. 

Edited by toprob

Microsoft it`s been said is competing with Google and not Sony with there streaming platform and the video shows why, there will be platform exclusive titles to bring the users in I suspect Flight Simulator will be one, and will be streamed to give a HD quality fluid simulator. 

Think about todays PC playing this now and in the future and not having to keep upgrading your PC.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Quite an exciting time to be a gamer. Also quite expensive. 

One GPU upgrade price would pay for a game pass for how many years, if you can run this now on your PC why bother.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg