Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

August 29th, 2019 [Update]

4 minutes ago, skully said:

Would it not be better to design a new engine for the sim?

Some people are so attached to the their old clunkers they can't let go and never believe in the latest and greatest, just let them be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adino said:

..most of us will bring to a mechanic to fix the issues, it not necessarily means you need a new engine..

If this is the third or fourth generation of that particular engine and it's still not running correctly, that should tell you something.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, adino said:

..most of us will bring to a mechanic to fix the issues, it not necessarily means you need a new engine..

Like Skully said, after some generations trying to fix things with no success, maybe it's time to move.

Microsoft is releasing it 14 years after FSX, why get stuck with the old engine? 

• Upvote 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Some people are so attached to the their old clunkers they can't let go and never believe in the latest and greatest, just let them be.

Lol... right ok, we will let you be too, it goes both ways.. 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

Like Skully said, after some generations trying to fix things with no success, maybe it's time to move.

Microsoft is releasing it 14 years after FSX, why get stuck with the old engine? 

Exactly, there is something fundamentally wrong with the engine.

Perhaps MS can repair the underlying issue.

We just don't know what their plan is at this point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Nobody is saying that god lord, they did a full overhaul, but they haven't trow away all of it.. 

I am running out of ways to explain this..

Simbol

1 minute ago, ca_metal said:

I have said "it not NECESSARLY means you NEED a new engine" but a new engine would be better of course nothing bad with that...but it is a good thing to keep things in perspective though as it looks like some people have problem if good stuff is ported over just because it lies on old code. I believe if you are software developer you will understand better the "spirit" in which Rob wrote his view on this topic...and none of this discussion would have been necessary if Paraffin did not have issues with stuttering on his machine, LOL.

I guess it would be too much to ask for realistic waves breaking on the shore?

• Like 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That would be fantastic!

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Totally!

I want to see some gnarly barrels we can ride off the coast of the Barb brah!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dongdongliushui said:

“Tech Alpha sign-up starts September 12th! “ — when will tech alpha be out for testing?

Check the development roadmap they released. On September 19th a tech alpha timeline will be released.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Whilst i love what i’m seeing, its so good that i’m starting to doubt it will be VR ready with current GPU technology unless they’re leveraging the cloud in some clever ways. Aerofly FS2 is super smooth in VR but if i load up some TrueEarth scenery and max the settings i get stutters with my 1080ti. Maybe we need next year’s Nvidia offering.

if you’re including VR in the first release MS drop us a tiny hint please, even a cryptic one.

I have over 70 fps on the most demanding TrueEarth scene of Aerofly FS 2 with max graphic quality in VR, and it’s very smooth, but the graphics of new MSFS just eats Aerofly FS 2 for breakfast...

18 hours ago, snglecoil said:

The trees look good! I don’t see any of the odd tree-like blobs that you sometimes get with photogrammetry in those videos. That bodes well. 

Yes the trees are realistic and beautiful. I have never seen any other flight sims doing trees right including Orbx tree plugin. And tree are really really important. Very happy Microsoft team has paid attention to this and got it right, finally!

1 minute ago, dongdongliushui said:

Yes the trees are realistic and beautiful. I have never seen any other flight sims doing trees right including Orbx tree plugin. And tree are really really important. Very happy Microsoft team has paid attention to this and got it right, finally!

Much better than FSX but still room for improvement, for example the screenshot below from Western Australia, trees are too lush and bushy. In Australia, driest continent on Earth, our native trees are more "scraggy" looking.  I think the trees in general in FS2020 are just a little too "bushy" looking.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558821-in-game-vs-satellite/?do=findComment&comment=4050328

Matthew S