Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

September 12th, 2019 Update - Alpha sign-up

48 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Tech Alpha page is blank?

Hey, bud. I had to use Google Chrome and it worked!!

Hope that works for you.

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I just love the clouds....the last long video ....the horizon looks spot on between layers of clouds...like a photo!

I wonder how they are doing weather generation. I always fly with real world weather. I wonder how this will compare with fronts and hurricanes.

• Like 1

Mesh resolution is on point! hope they have this all-around the globe...this update is stunning just like all the ones before! Just Great job I'm so happy! magnificent team this one is!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyR said:

I have used my microsoft account log in several times and never get access to INSIDER HOME.

Danny

1 hour ago, dtrjones said:

You have to log into insider first with a Microsoft account. I use my old Game for Windows (xxx.xxx@msn.com) account which is now part of the Xbox platform covering all things games related. Once logged in you can click on INSIDER HOME to see all the updates including the sign up for the tech alpha.

I used Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, and the enrollment, survey showed up and worked.

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I think that spin video should put to rest concerns that this simulator will not have realistic flight characteristics. Spin characteristics are something that were never even properly displayed in FSX and P3D. Not sure how it is in X-Plane. But it's nice to see that's something that will finally be included.

The Baltimore video title specifies that it's in May. So I'm wondering if that alludes to the fact that there may be seasonal variations. Still hard to say for sure though. Seasonal variations and snowfall seem to be one of the biggest unknowns to me at the moment.

Also, the fact that the Alpha survey asks about users who have Virtual Reality seems to be a good indicator that VR will indeed be included in the new sim.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Yet again team MSFS catches everyone off guard.

"I want longer videos" 
- Here you go.

One of the four is 60 seconds but at quarter speed that really makes 15 seconds. So it's not any longer than last time, just slowed down.   🤬

10 minutes ago, RioPilot said:

I think that spin video should put to rest concerns that this simulator will not have realistic flight characteristics

Couple of things in that video.

1. That's a pretty realistic spin entry!

2. G1000 C172 - Thank you MS! Pretty please, make the G1000 functionally accurate!

3. Real time cloud reflections in the cowling look fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Chris

15 minutes ago, RioPilot said:

The Baltimore video title specifies that it's in May. So I'm wondering if that alludes to the fact that there may be seasonal variations. Still hard to say for sure though. Seasonal variations and snowfall seem to be one of the biggest unknowns to me at the moment.

Nice catch. Hopefully it doesn’t just refer to weather.

1 hour ago, RioPilot said:

Spin characteristics are something that were never even properly displayed in FSX and P3D. Not sure how it is in X-Plane. 

You have aparently never flown an add-on airplane in FSX/P3D with a high quality FDE since this is definitely not the case.

FYI, spin entry, attitude, speed, recovery, recovery ability etc. everything can be much better tuned in FSX/P3D than in x-plane.

Concerning the difficulties with signing up for alpha; I used Edge without any problems.

Edited by FDEdev

Just signed up. Hopefully being a commercial pilot will play in my favor, but I have a feeling they are more worried about hardware combinations.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Greazer said:

One of the four is 60 seconds but at quarter speed that really makes 15 seconds. So it's not any longer than last time, just slowed down.   🤬

The other videos were like 3-6 seconds. These are much longer, including the slowed down one.

Shhhhhh... everyone in these forums is under NDA now. We can no longer talk about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 🙂 That's one way to kill forums 🙂

It's a joke everyone! Although whoever does get picked in these forums, will not be able to say they got picked or anything about the MSFS Alpha build,  under NDA 🙂

From now on, all we can type is:

... (three dots if you can't see them) 

Seriously can we discuss the questions asked on the form(s)? Is that allowed?

Edited by Learjet777

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

The stall and spin was really cool! I got into a stall/spin in real life, it was fast and violent! I thought I was going to die........

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar