Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Oct. 10th : Be prepared, the world is coming to us

I suppose we all have some ideas where we'd like them to focus their teasers of the first episode of the Discovery series : the World !.

Adding them all would cover the globe 😁 ! Let's try to propose two each. I supose everybody wants to see his or her home turf but let's add one left to our imagination, preferably in the boondocks where the present sceneries are poor, to see the difference.

I would then request the LFMD hinterland hillsides and Luang Prabang in Laos. 

Why Luang Prabang : I've been there long ago as ,I guess, some of our older US fellow simmers. The site is splendid. A small Asian town tucked in  a narrow valley with a large muddy river flowing through and a smaller river feeding it, the airport in the middle of the city. And plenty of pagodes.

You ? Two each please, not more.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Luang Prabang in Laos. 

You must be a Mark Wiens fan

• Like 1

Just now, ErichB said:

You must be a Mark Wiens fan

Who is he ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Who is he ?

A Youtube street food vlogger - he did a series on the Laos/Cambodian street food scene.  Made me want to visit.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Dubai and Hongkong for me.

Same

The Isle rèunion. Seems top ne a real pretty place and since its french IT would fit somehow.

And Seconds the German northsea isles. 

Edited by Jazznow
  • Like 2

Nis, Serbia

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Corsica would be great, fairly small area and French like Asobo. Or the Canary Islands

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hawaii has some really beautiful scenery/landscape, with great general aviation airports to fly to/from.

If I would have to choose a second location... the Baleares islands, also one of my favorite locations 🙂

• Like 1

I feel that big cities like L.A., Dubai (and even Seattle) have already been featured heavily in clips and footage, I'm not 'concerned' about how good they'll be.

• Ha Long Bay, Vietnam

Pointy, tree-covered limestone islands that jut out of the water. That will show the quality of the terrain mesh, the level of photoscenery capabilities in rural Asia, water representation and wave effect interaction with so many shorelines.

• Iguazu Falls, Brazilian / Argentine border

This would show if the 3D cloud system can handle being used as a spray effect rather than creating a fog/mist effect covering the falls. Also, could we be given running water over the edge? How will procedural autogen handle modelling the giant spillway at nearby Itaipu hydroelectric dam? Again, would show the quality of the terrain mesh and the level of photoscenery capabilities in rural S.America, another 'forgotten' location sim-wise.

(Special mentions for Monument Valley, AZ and Gibraltar to see if the developers can get sheer rock faces to be replicated with high resolution textures.)

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737NG said:

I hesitated between Halong Bay and Luang Prabang, chose the latter because of the airport in this city but Ha Long Bay (and Guilin) would be very nice too. The Haiphong airport is an interesting destination.

• Like 1

Dominique

First, for purely selfish reasons: Montreal, my hometown. I'm curious to see how "secondary" large cities will look like in the sim.

Second: Banff/Lake Louise area. I'm wondering how good the mesh is at reproducing cragged peaks, and that's an area that I know.

2 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Dubai and Hongkong for me.

Yes and yes!

If I had to pick unique locations, I'd definitely want to see New Delhi (VIDP) and Kilimanjaro (HTKJ).

Edited by krazyk