Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

35 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

They way they worded it they have already selected all testers:

If so, why are they doing invites stretched over multiple days?

I believe the way they worded it could also stand for "the Insiders that will have been selected". Recruitment ended just two days before the announcement, so I doubt they had time to check on all the participations until then. Unless they're using Azure to select the right participants for the first Tech Alpha, but I doubt it.

32 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. It does seem like it was there at some point, but maybe all the posts with people talking about it have changed my memories. 🤣

My screenshot was taken September 12th.

That's when the survey opened up. Huh, I guess I did remember wrong after all.

48 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. It does seem like it was there at some point, but maybe all the posts with people talking about it have changed my memories. 🤣

My screenshot was taken September 12th.

Care to share? I forgot what the wording was.

To be honest, from my experience, I think they will be genuinely selecting people over the period they specified.  What will happen is the devs will build something and say they want to test devices which meet crieria X, that could be as simple as a script going through everyone's DxDiags to see if that criteria is met.  Or it could be more complicated and require someone to go through each of the applications and decide whether to invite them or not, hence why it would take a week.

I don't think anyone has been invited yet tbh (or not a lot of people).  Maybe they are still deciding the criteria or this first wave will be a very limited selection.

Edited by KillerKlient

17 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Care to share? I forgot what the wording was.

Sure, here:

tOIotgg.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

1 minute ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Sure, here:

Thanks, I'm 99.99% sure that's the exact same NDA I read on the absolute last day you could sign up for the tech alpha, so hasen't changed.

There is nothing in that NDA that prevents you from saying you are invited to participate, with the exception of this statement (which doesn't apply):

"You acknowledge that everything releated to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it."

You would only be in violation of the above statement if Microsoft had not already told us that they were sending out invites between the specified dates (as otherwise you telling us you were invited would give away the fact Microsoft started inviting people - but MS has already stated that publically).  So no harm done.

• Like 1

I dont even think I would say I was selected due to the way people are in here to begin with. Lol

• Like 1

I wonder how many alpha applications there were.

I bet there were several 1000's

And the dev teams would only want to manage a much smaller number, sending them the same bug reports.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

5 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I am still checking mail. I know it sucks and each one of us really want to try that Alpha but that is how it is. I am still quite sure that they are cherry picking people (mostly 3rd party devs) for the first alpha. So chances of you and I being selected are very slim.

Yes.  A restrictive Alpha program could be counter productive as it would "cheese off" all those very vocal enthusiasts who didn't get selected. Of course, I will still buy the sim, but that wont stop me being "cheesed off" for now.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

13 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Yes.  A restrictive Alpha program could be counter productive as it would "cheese off" all those very vocal enthusiasts who didn't get selected. Of course, I will still buy the sim, but that wont stop me being "cheesed off" for now.

Even after the 24th the alpha program won't be finished. This is just the first version of the public alpha build. If I remember it right, we will have another wave of invitations by the end of november.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Perhaps alpha access will be very limited at the start so they can slowly test the new scenery streaming infrastructure. If thousands of users jumped in at once, I imagine it would lead to a crash and nobody would be able to test it.

I would not dare to tell if I got an Alpha tech invitation, as I suspect that some eager flightsim addict would dig up my IP location and find my house and come in and steal my PC with the running Alpha Tech.

Edited by nas123
  • Like 1

How are they going to select the genuine testers from the time wasters? You can bet that quite a few people who "signed up" to the alpha tests are only interested in getting their hands on early versions of the simulator, and don't intend to do any testing of any kind. I doubt that Microsoft's Azure AI is advanced enough for a task like this. Maybe they have Skynet and a squad of terminators to sort the wheat from the chaff? :laugh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, nas123 said:

I would not dare to tell if I got an Alpha tech invitation, as I suspect that some eager flightsim addict would dig up my IP location and find my house and come in and steal my PC with the running Alpha Tech.

LOL your house will probably get raided by a mob of eager flightsim addicts only minutes after you told people you got an invitation! 

1 hour ago, Flamingpie said:

I do find it amazing that after 5 days and with only 2 more to go NO ONE here has posted 'I am in!' yet...! And not only here but absolutely nowhere. I find that odd. If after the 24th we still won't get 'I am in' posts (anywhere) I think we may conclude the NDA indeed forbids to even talk about that... because I can't imagine MS only inviting people who don't visit (flight sim) forums. 😉

Maybe they changed their minds and decided to inform everyone at once after finishing their selection procedure (one can only hope 😉).

1 hour ago, Flamingpie said:

I do find it amazing that after 5 days and with only 2 more to go NO ONE here has posted 'I am in!' yet...! And not only here but absolutely nowhere. I find that odd. If after the 24th we still won't get 'I am in' posts (anywhere) I think we may conclude the NDA indeed forbids to even talk about that... because I can't imagine MS only inviting people who don't visit (flight sim) forums. 😉

Quite a few people have "hinted" at getting the email in the facebook group.