Sign in to follow this  
AUjeffk

Have Alpha testers been notified yet?

They did email me asking to test the uninstall procedure only, but I can't figure out how without installing it first ?

Might it be due to my rig not yet being i9 @ 6GHz with 128 GB RAM and 4048GTi 32 GB GPU ?

Should I overclock it ?

Well, I'm burning anyway - it's hot in here....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Would be interesting to know what specs and internet speed people have who have been selected, will probs give an insight as to what MS are trying to test? E.g. how slow internet speeds cope with live data? How low end rigs cope with FPS? etc.

IMO people would be dumb if they got an invitation and as soon as possible posted here that they got it. NDA will be enforced most likely. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

39 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

IMO people would be dumb if they got an invitation and as soon as possible posted here that they got it. NDA will be enforced most likely. 

It seems they have already 🙂

51 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Don't remember the NDA restricting that? From what I remember reading, you just can't show people it or talk about the actual gameplay etc.

Think it is ok to mention if you have been invited or not at the most.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, KillerKlient said:

What am I missing lol? Have people got invites yet? I was excited today as I thought we were getting another MS update as usual, but they have now moved the updates day to Fridays (curse you Microsoft!).

According to their DR the updates were indeed moved to Fridays but in last week’s post they said “next update 17/10”, and that’s today. Let’s hope that the latter is correct 🙂

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

9 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Think it is ok to mention if you have been invited or not at the most.

Yes, I've often seen people posting they can't tell anything about something because they are under an NDA. If being under an NDA means you can't even say you are under one we would never have seen such posts. 

It will be very hard though for those who are alpha testing to NOT say something in any of the topics here... It will almost make it impossible to keep on participating on this forum!

Edited by Reader

Ye I am pretty sure MS don’t care if people say whether they were invited or not, they probably don’t care that much if you talk about it too (but the NDA does prohibit that part).  When I read the template I could clearly see it was one of MS’s generic templates they used and MS has actually already released a lot of information that would have been protected by the NDA.

The trouble is I can’t see the NDA anymore now that I am already signed up so it’s hard to remember the exact wording.

I can confirm that I have not been selected as an Alpha tester, but that may have something to do with the fact that I never signed up for it in the first place :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Their own forum will probably be launched very soon to give fellow Alpha testers a place to communicate.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

5 minutes ago, cepact said:

they should remove these stupid NDA's, it's not funny and it's pointless.

You must be new to the Software industry. 

• Like 8

Usually your are not denied to Tell people you r under NDA. I for example am under NDA for Star Citizen as I am one of the so called Evocati Testers but I am free to tell anyone that I am in. What happens inside on the other side I cant tell anyone.

this ofc can change from NDA to NDA

Lukas Dalton

Seeing it's currently 6:00 am in the west coast I doubt anyone has been informed yet, if they are true to their timeline in informing people 17-24th October. I really hope people won't screw this up and go show and tell that might force Microsoft to keep future alpha and beta builds behind closed doors. And people also need to remember that according to the FAQs these are highly limited builds and each one will target different aspects of the whole thing. Will probably be different modules and all that.... I'd be surprised if it's going to be like the event build where you can fly anywhere, anytime, at any weather conditions, etc..

Edited by OSJJ1985
  • Like 1

I've been on 6 or 7 beta teams last 10 years or so and 1 Aplha. All the Betas I was on had NDA's that did not limit me from telling folks I was on the team but all had a non-disclosure of anything product related unless told it was ok by dev .

The Alpha NDA was very different. Basically it said no disclosure of anything al all, even that I was on the team. Obviously this one from MS is different since we all know the Tech Alpha is coming. But it is an Alpha build so I would bet that the NDA will be tight.

• Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5