Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

Incredibly beautifull!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

Prepar3D, X-Plane, AreoFlyFS2 etc.

gravestone-psd-436814.png

Concerning P3D, I am sure LM has had knowledge about the ongoing MFS development for years. After all, contrary to MS and Google, LM and MS are all but enemies and have bigger fish to fry than a flightsim. I can imagine a scenario where P3D5  will switch to a similar Azure/Photogrammetry technology as MFS. Licensing it to LM might well be in the interest of MS to get more return of their investment. It might as well be in the interest of LM as their outdated and buggy terrain engine would have to be exchanged for P3D5 anyway. This way, LM could market the new technology to the commercial market and MS to the gamers and private simmers. I'm not predicting this will happen, but it might and would make sense.

In their best tradition, LM will certainly not show any YouTube videos, interviews, or roadmaps etc. about P3D5. One fine day it will be there, whenever it pleases them.

Concerning X-Plane, I had early versions running against MS FSXX in the 1990s and they looked ugly as hell and survived despite. Austin will take care of his baby, whatever happens.

AeroflyFS2 just might swerve to the mobile version - again. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

Concerning P3D

Well, Of Course I agree with you and have been saying similar things all along. My post was just a tongue and check  reaction to the video released today by Asobo. Not to be taken seriously. 😁

5 hours ago, NotASenator said:

It's really interesting in the Seattle time-lapse cloud-layer section of the video to see how well the engine does with the Museum of Pop Culture (probably a pre-fab model) but stumbles on the Pacific Science Center, which seems like photogammetry:

outE9Qe.png

It appears that trees have somehow been applied over the building, causing a conflict.

Bernard

Interestingly, raindrops on windscreens will not only be affected by aircraft speed but air flow resulting from engine thrust.

Bernard

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Well, there are days when clouds can have really sharp edges, almost unreal. I have seen them and so have many, I suspect.

I really do like the look of the clouds in MSFS. Bring it on!

Given that 'all cloud types' are now possible, I'm looking forward to seeing some lenticular, levanter, fluctus and of course nacreous 😉 

5z0lq80rxd611.jpg

10469448-3x2-940x627.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

1 hour ago, pmb said:

... "LM and MS are all but enemies and have bigger fish to fry than a flightsim" ...

Michael - I worked in the Aeronautics Sector of LM for 36 years (retired 2016) with the last 15 or so in leadership and was never aware of any animus between LM and MS.  We used many MS tools and high-end IT expertise across many programs with never a hint of relational or commercial problems.  I'm honestly curious... please enlighten me.  If you'd prefer, just message me so we don't take this thread down a rabbit trail.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Truly amazing. As a life long Flight Simulation fan this keeps getting better and better. Hi guys!! First Post.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, viz said:

5z0lq80rxd611.jpg

That's the best looking lenny I have ever seen! LOL! It's like the mountain is wearing a Sombrero. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmb said:

Concerning P3D, I am sure LM has had knowledge about the ongoing MFS development for years. After all, contrary to MS and Google, LM and MS are all but enemies and have bigger fish to fry than a flightsim. I can imagine a scenario where P3D5  will switch to a similar Azure/Photogrammetry technology as MFS. Licensing it to LM might well be in the interest of MS to get more return of their investment. 

Why would Microsoft support the development of a competing platform? Don't you think that MS would prefer to make their own entry in the more serious training market?

In my experience there are no friends in business. "Business is War".

Best regards

• Like 2

LORBY-SI

@Lorby_SI

I'm inclined to agree.

The whole P3D/LM thing only even came about because MS was exiting the FS space.

Now that they are back in - whole hog - I see no reason why they'd be offering anything from their new MSFS platform to LM moving forward.

I think P3D is what it is and LM will keep working off of the base they have there as it suits their needs as it is.

Graphical eye candy and the types of enhancements that MSFS is brining don't really appear to be of obvious benefit to LM's type of simulation usages anyhow.

I'm one of the lucky ones for the alpha 1, and I feel that the wait will be long once the alpha 1 is finished😥

especially come back on P3D or XP11.....

7 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Has anyone watched the "Go God Go" episode of South Park when Cartman gets the idea of trying to cryogenically freeze himself because he just can't wait any longer for the Nintendo Wii to be released? 

Maybe Cartman was onto something...

Great minds think alike. I too thought about Cartman today and his desire to fast-forward time to a future release of his beloved video game. If my memory is correct, Cartman slept too far into the future. When he awoke from his cryogenic sleep, his video game had been released so far into the distant past that he needed a difficult-to-find adapter to make it work on current equipment. I thought that was one of South Park's best episodes, precisely because it was so true: We do want to speed up time to acquire our new software, and there would be hardware and software incompatibilities introduced by time travel. Windows 15 might not run MSFS 2020 at all without an adapter. 🙂

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

9 hours ago, cepact said:

This sim has excited me to the point that I've developed anxiety about dying or getting sick before being able to experience it

My thoughts exactly !

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.