Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

8 minutes ago, cepact said:

He compared a picture from a real world weather imagery source to the obtained result in sim.

I got that bit, but was the second (of the three shots) what we see in the menu? Then the last shot was actually in-game. 

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

The night lighting of the cities was much better than I expected from a default sim with satellite data.

It's exactly what I was expecting. Dark Photogrammetry buildings illuminated by lights at street level in front of them. Many were denying that, but it seems true. Drzewiecki-design did the same with their New York SceneryX, and except for the custom buildings, it even had the exact same yellow coloring. There might be only so many ways to skin this particular cat.

V6AibU.png

New York City X (X-Plane)

GwuT3Y.jpg

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Forget the ground. I'm just going to cruise around through that cloudscape and bob up and down through cloud layers (always been a favourite effect for me since Chuck Yeager's Air Combat days).

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, irrics said:

Ok. Good god. Forget I said anything. 

Some of you guys. Oh my goodness. 

Hehe

Impressed with the 32 layers of cloud generation, rainbows and ice forming on the aircraft, this Sim is going to be the new Benchmark for others to aspire to. Can't wait to get.

Steve

steve southey

Absolutely fantastic! I just hope they have not forgotten the snow. I would be super excited to see the ground turning white when it's started snowing....

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

All the cloud layers, lightning, volumetric clouds etc. will sure demand a very high powered PC. 

Be prepared to upgrade at least to a

CPU(I9 9900KS), RTX 2080TI

If you don't want a slide show

Edited by nas123

22 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

but was the second (of the three shots) what we see in the menu?

Yup. It seems to be the weather overlay.

Which is so awesome. I alway hoped for a future sim to be actually able to read real world satelite data on current cloud positions, and here it is. Finally.

2 minutes ago, nas123 said:

With all the cloud layers, lightning, volumetric clouds etc. will sure demand a very high powered PC.

Add to that complex 3rd party airport sceneries and aircraft you are bound for a performance nightmare with all sliders to max. Like it has always been in the history of FS. 😉

Edited by Farlis

Simply incredible, all of my weather wishes answered! Sad to see that this probably spells the end for some of the 3rd parties who have kept our interest within the platform alive, I hope there is some room for them somewhere within this new market, especially HiFi. 

indebted to Asobo and Microsoft for what looks to be award winning global software potentially appealing to every human being on earth with a PC or xbox! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

I've flown over Qatar, Dubai, London quite a lot and always imagine the sky scrapers to be lit up like christmas trees.  But just took a look at some pics from my trip to dubai earlier this year and you appear to be right, the sky scrapers in the distance seem to look off just like the ones in sim, with a few exceptions.  So maybe it is more accurate like this:

t3nvvLp.jpg

It's actually quite impressive how much their night scenes look like your picture 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, irrics said:

Can’t we just be positive for a bit?

Must we immediately devolve into “but what is the downside!?”

You don't improve things by only talking about what doesn't need improving.

It is fine to be hypercritical even of an Alpha, it is all feedback

• Like 3

it clearly exceeds what I imagined.I can not believe it.Magical!!!!

• Upvote 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.