Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

Ice buildup on the aircraft!  Rain shafts!  Wooooo!

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Looks fantastic! I am curious about how seasons will work. In winter some countries have snow in certain areas and others don't. 

In New Zealand winter there's a lot of snow in the south island and some areas of the North island but I've never seen snow in Auckland so I'd be really interested in seeing how seasons will work as this hasn't been demonstrated yet and doesn't look to be in the rest of the road map. 

My two cents. 

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

It's exactly what I was expecting. Dark Photogrammetry buildings illuminated by lights at street level in front of them. Many were denying that, but it seems true. Drzewiecki-design did the same with their New York SceneryX, and except for the custom buildings, it even had the exact same yellow coloring. There might be only so many ways to skin this particular cat.

V6AibU.png

New York City X (X-Plane)

GwuT3Y.jpg

Who was "denying it?"

Some of us have pointed out that they said they are working on it.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

Formation and dissipation of Cu as a result of thermal activity. A glider pilots paradise. If they get that right they'll get a gold star from me!😁

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A little sad we didn't see any lightning, other than that I think this is the most impressive video/info by far! 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

13 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Who was "denying it?"

Some of us have pointed out that they said they are working on it.

That thread, I believe it may have been the one on "Insight into photogrammetry buildings" has apparently been disappeared 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/560538-insight-into-photogrammetry-buildings/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

11 minutes ago, kelvinr said:

Looks fantastic! I am curious about how seasons will work. In winter some countries have snow in certain areas and others don't. 

In New Zealand winter there's a lot of snow in the south island and some areas of the North island but I've never seen snow in Auckland so I'd be really interested in seeing how seasons will work as this hasn't been demonstrated yet and doesn't look to be in the rest of the road map. 

My two cents. 

My understanding from the video is that the real time weather data is accessed so if there is snow in Christchurch at that time then it will have snow and if there is no snow in Auckland at that time then there will be no snow in the render.

I still believe in more Azure AI.

If they can search in the satellite textures and remove clouds and cars, why not to search for windows and add lights?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zalox said:

I still believe in more Azure AI.

If they can search in the satellite textures and remove clouds and cars, why not to search for windows and add lights?

I had the same thought. Sort of the same techniques they are using to determine the right type of land classes for grass and so forth.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Poppapete said:

My understanding from the video is that the real time weather data is accessed so if there is snow in Christchurch at that time then it will have snow and if there is no snow in Auckland at that time then there will be no snow in the render.

I'd still like a little more clarity, but it appears from his explanation that it's no longer reading a METAR that says SHRA and throwing rain out there but that the atmospheric generation is dynamic. I.E. they enter in a series of real world variables and it produces what you would see in the real world for the same reason you see it forming in the real world. This would be the only way to accomplish their claims of real-time building storms I believe. An example would be the temperature and dew-point converging and there being fog created as a result.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joseg175 said:

Have you guys noticed that they stated they will be opening up access to the Alpha today?

That's not quite correct:

We are currently wrapping up final preparations for build release and access. Though we are not providing build access today, you should expect an email in the near future with instructions for access and download.                

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Read the update on their website...10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

This is cool to see part of the UI! Looks nice!

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

This is cool to see part of the UI! Looks nice!

I think that's the access point for the UI.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply