Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

We anticipate NG3 going to market at around $139.99. NGXu is priced at $99.99. If you purchase NGXu, you will only be charged $40 at that time, while new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99.

Full post here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/27037-08nov19-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-help-us-fix-them

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Ooofda...so not entertainment pricing haha!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 17

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ooofda...so not entertainment pricing haha!

The entire P3D pricing logic was just a way to charge more and now that the pricing levels are established there is no going back. 

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

And this is just the base package, expect at least $30 for the 600-700 series and another $30 for the MAX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To be fair, I spent more on dinner last night. It is all relative I guess. 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

I suspect that the expansion packs will be more than $30 each....and that's just the 600/700 and BBJ/BBJ2. The 737 MAX has significant differences (both internally and externally) to the NG series, so I really can't see those being offered for peanuts.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No Thank you. Doing fine with other addons up to or more well done, costing less.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Alexis Mefano

What a joke honestly. Microsoft should have some sort of regulation for this kind of word not allowed. They really need to step in and drop a hammer on these prices. This is absolutely not justified.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

6 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

What a joke honestly. Microsoft should have some sort of regulation for this kind of word not allowed. They really need to step in and drop a hammer on these prices. This is absolutely not justified.

Price regulation has been such a success wherever and whenever it has been enforced. Let's try another time.  It has worked well in the USSR after all.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don't have any problem with a price like that for a highly complex addon aircraft. To me the aircraft is by far the most important element of a flight simulator. And I only need one short/medium range airliner. I don't want to collect them all.

I paid roughly the same for the FSL A320 and by now I have about 500 hours on it. That makes less than 30 cents per hour.

Compare that to the time you spend at an addon airport that comes for say 30 $. You need to spend 100 hours there to get the same value for money.

Or compare it to the cost of any other leisure activity outside of flightsimming. What do you pay for going out for dinner, to the cinema, to a musical, to a concert?

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

Thank you Ralf for injecting some common sense. Another example. I pay about 120 EUR/year to my music streamer. A 140 USD aircraft used for, lets say 4 years, will cost me 35 USD a year. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm thankful aircraft add-ons of this calibre exist (whatever the price). It sets a high bar that other add-on makers aim for and we all benefit.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

PMDG do great addons but they are con artist. Remember all the BS about lawyer fee's and EULA to justify the price increases and repurchase of the NGX for a non entertainment platform. Well now we know that they are just gouging us. Makes me wonder if that post isn't just a bare faced lie. There is a reason we are being told this. If I though that the NG3 was going to be reasonably priced at say $60 I might not buy the NGXu at $100 since I could live with the NGX until MSFS 2020 is released next year. But if I am told the NG3 will be $140 then I am motivated to buy now instead of wait. I wanted the Addon and I don't regret buying it but I think PMDG are completely without scruples. And I'll eat my hat in the final analysis if the NG3 retails for more than about $60 in the broader gaming (entertainment) market.

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 15