Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

What I have come to realise and this is quite surprisingly alarming for me that there a bunch of people right in this thread who by the looks of it would be willing to pay even more than 140 for a product coming from PMDG. I mean there is a guy a few pages back saying something along the lines of having an expensive dinner so a high price tag of the 737ngu doesn't bother him. Because logic you know..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

16 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

Wow... just wow. So complaining about high prices is juvenile?! Are we this brainwashed already? You do know that if you call any of your service providers (phone, television, electricity) as a loyal customer and ask for a discount (and maybe threaten to move away to another provider) you're likely to get it? You do know that in a lot of countries it is normal to bargain about the price? That is because we are generally overpaying for almost anything you can think of. Do you know why that is? It is because we are taught that it isn't normal to question prices or to complain about them in a lot of western countries. We are taught to pay up like a bunch of sheep, to take it or leave it. A lot of things would be a lot cheaper if we would all speak up some more, but no, we are taught that you are cheap or childish and that you just should swallow the price. Because of that companies are raising their prices way beyond the actual rising costs and inflation and that is NOT a good thing economically speaking. It may eventually lead to piracy, product clones, crime, poverty and more (depending on the product or service). 

I have no problem with people who are willing to pay up the full price, but don't start to call people names when they complain or try to stop them from complaining. People have the right to let companies know what they think about their prices. Actually we should all do it some more.  

Thanks for proving my point...

I do know bow life works...I do know that if i call my service providers, i can get a discount. 

I also know that i have a choice of what service providers i have.

I cant go to my electrical company and ask for a discount....trust me i have tried. Its take it or leave it! Why, because that's the only choice I have!

It is extremely juvenile to complain about pricing for a make believe airplane just because you dont think it's worth that much. Just shut up and not buy it!

Speak with your wallet....its really that simple.

You're so bent out of shape over some make believe airplane. Give me a break....

Thst argument about high prices causing piracy....that's a fun justification for stealing.

Either way, people are complaining about a make believe toy because they want the best but dont want to pay for it.

Get off your beer budget and start paying champagne prices if you have champagne taste.

The market works the way it works.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, Baber20 said:

What I have come to realise and this is quite surprisingly alarming for me that there a bunch of people right in this thread who by the looks of it would be willing to pay even more than 140 for a product coming from PMDG. I mean there is a guy a few pages back saying something along the lines of having an expensive dinner so a high price tag of the 737ngu doesn't bother him. Because logic you know..

It doesn't bother certain people. Because they can afford it and they want too afford it. Just like those who buy bigger homes and luxury cars.

You act as if because people are ok with paying for quality,  that they are stupid or misinformed or are making poor decisions.  

And yeah, logic prevails, I go out and buy a good dinner and thsts it.....its done. I buy the ngxu....for the same price, I can play with it over an over and over again....

Oh and I get s new 737 NOW and only have to pay 40ish bucks when i get it in the new sik coming out.....

While everyone else waits until the new sim comes out and still pays the same exact price i did. Thays a no brainer.

But it sounds like you arent in the pmdg market. Maybe your in the POSKY market? Or the ifly market. I dont know....

• Like 1

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

However, ultimately the community controls the market.” This is a very similar argument that was used in the early days of monopoly common law (or trust laws or whatever they call it in the US). The ‘community’ is at a massive disadvantage in monopolistic markets so it isn’t an argument that lasted very long...

Until someone develops another 737, 747, 777 for the community, pmdg wins....

It's not as if someone else can't do it, it's just no one wants too.

Where is ifly? They should try to get in on all this and make some profit too. 

Look at the madden franchise, the game sucks because there is no other licensed football game to compete with. On top of that, it has no problems selling copies.

• Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

6 hours ago, Krakin said:

You guys are seriously having an issue with people not liking this price? Really?

I think some (like myself) don't have a problem with the price itself, but how the justification for the price for P3D can't be used for MSFS... and yet, its the same price.

Its a bit word not allowed business practice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 787WannabePilot said:

I think some (like myself) don't have a problem with the price itself, but how the justification for the price for P3D can't be used for MSFS... and yet, its the same price.

Its a bit word not allowed business practice.

Actually is not the same. It’s even higher. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

To be fair, I spent more on dinner last night. It is all relative I guess. 

It depends on what relatives your taking out to dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

It doesn't bother certain people. Because they can afford it and they want too afford it. Just like those who buy bigger homes and luxury cars.

You act as if because people are ok with paying for quality,  that they are stupid or misinformed or are making poor decisions.  

And yeah, logic prevails, I go out and buy a good dinner and thsts it.....its done. I buy the ngxu....for the same price, I can play with it over an over and over again....

Oh and I get s new 737 NOW and only have to pay 40ish bucks when i get it in the new sik coming out.....

While everyone else waits until the new sim comes out and still pays the same exact price i did. Thays a no brainer.

But it sounds like you arent in the pmdg market. Maybe your in the POSKY market? Or the ifly market. I dont know....

I agree.  I'll buy it when it is released just like I bought the NGXu. I'm enjoying flying it and I'm not disappointed at all. It's a beautiful 737 that is stable as a rock and has many improvements. 

For the research, skill, talent and time that PMDG puts into its products, consistently improving them over the previous releases, it is well worth every penny to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I wish they just took the old FSX price and adjusted it for inflation. $79 would be reasonable in my eyes. Only reason I bought it is because I don't know if I'll ever get to fly one in real life, but the career is just beginning so who knows?

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

In this crazy world there is still a huge perception difference between the cost of a "physical" product that comes in a box delivered by Amazon and the cost of a downloadable piece of software, regardless of it's quality.

In the last 2 weeks I've spent:

$160 on some plastic Thrustmaster pedals (expensive to deliver where I live)
$224 on a TrackIR (expensive to deliver where I live)
$99 on a PMDG 737
$11 to LM for Prepar3D (again)

In my humble opinion, the most overpriced of the above is the TrackIR, even without the high delivery charges, but I'm not allowed to say this as it has a cult following on this forum. it's a good piece of kit, but over priced.

I totally get why some of you can't justify the cost/price (they have different connotations). That's totally up to you and down to the value you put on the software, but to attack the company. Really?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Their prices are also high because you pay for the parts of their planes that most of us will never use: the failure modes. So for the perhaps 1% (my guess) of users ever using a failure mode, all the others have to pay more. Ideally, they would create a basic version and an extension pack for all those who like experiencing and dealing with failures during flight. I like Aerosoft's approach, where they only implement what is needed for a normal flight and that seems to keep costs down.

Edited by siggy
  • Upvote 1

Siggy Schwarz

The 172 I’m renting tomorrow costs $155/hr so...$130 for as many hours as I care to use it is a relative bargain 😂😀😐🤔😦😩😭😵 

• Like 1

Chris

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I have a quality paying job (career), the price of this product is far too high for the entertainment category (IE the new MFS).  Entertainment is a made up word some FS companies have used when P3D came out....  "oh it's not to be used for entertainment and is a professional sim so we'll now be charging {whatever we want}"

I will also add that some of the most wealthy people on earth use a budget and if they dropped 140 bucks whenever they wanted, they would not be wealthy.

It’s ok to be a penny pincher!! 😂 

there is a reserve spot in the ⚰️.

Spend  it wisely In the next life.

but as I said earlier I would not pay for the same product 3 times of over 100$$.

A small fee for an update! Yes, sure!

Edited by mikeymike