Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

As mentioned before, in the software world $140 isn't that much. Now i would happily pay that to a company who makes great aircraft for a great hobby and by the looks of things a new great sim. You have to remember these guys are a business and i would hate for them to go bust or downsize where we wait even longer for high quality aircraft. If you cant afford it, don't buy it, if you can, then go buy it and support the people who take our hobby to the next level.

The quality is there so i'm glad to give my money.... what im not ok with, is companies (which i will not name) who dont have the right to by means of quality, who charge for every engine variant a ridiculous amount of money... now that TICKS me off. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, rocketlaunch said:

To be fair, I spent more on dinner last night. It is all relative I guess. 

Eat less. lol   joking

6 hours ago, Chock said:

Yeah, I'd take that 'officially licensed' stuff with a massive pinch of salt if I were you, because that's more about copyright than accuracy. Just so you know, this toy aeroplane pictured below is an officially licensed Boeing product too:

07f120a31d473911252ce78175e59b87_502bead

This cute little 747 is currently on sale at the Boeing store incidentally, at the bargain price of 138.99 Dollars less than that PMDG 737, if you must have an officially licensed Boeing airliner to play with.

Sold !!  And this needs no tweaking and updates. Nothing. And you can actually touch this and feel the power.  lol

Well, actually it might need a little tweak; looks like the elevators got bent a bit in the wind. mehhh, easy fix.  

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 6:32 AM, MatthewS said:

Seems like a fair price to me. All those complaining should either get a job or just go cuddle mummy.

Yep agree pmdg make great products as do other developers, if you think it's too expensive don't buy it, it's that simple but no need to be disrespectful to pmdg as I have seen in some posts

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, Baber20 said:

What I have come to realise and this is quite surprisingly alarming for me that there a bunch of people right in this thread who by the looks of it would be willing to pay even more than 140 for a product coming from PMDG. I mean there is a guy a few pages back saying something along the lines of having an expensive dinner so a high price tag of the 737ngu doesn't bother him. Because logic you know..

Depends how you view money,I spend 500 an hour dual in a c172 so 140 for a one time purchase of a high quality pmdg 737 is not a stretch in my view

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 11/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, RALF9636 said:

I don't have any problem with a price like that

Predictably, at post 6 or 7 someone inevitably makes this statement......I mean, an addon developer could be charging $1000 for the privilege of pressing a few more buttons and someone would say he doesn't have a problem with a price like that. Same as it ever was.

I'm sincerely hoping that a lot of simmers will look at MSFS 2020, play it, and decide that this is all the realism they will ever need. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The part that still rubs me the wrong way is that PMDG piously insisted that the new higher prices for their P3D products were down to higher legal and other costs associated with it being a “professional” product.

Of course, that sounded like complete nonsense at the time, and, turns out, it was. Now, not even a handwave of explanation for what’s changed...

Over the years I’ve literally bought everything PMDG has put out for FSX and P3D, with the exception of the DC-6 and the NGXu. I’ll buy their MSFS 737 if it’s good, and depending on what it has for competition. But the goodwill PMDG enjoyed with me is, sad to say, long gone.

So that’s one long-time, hardcore customer they’ve already partly lost. And their MSFS pricing is (as you see in this thread!) clearly going to put off any newcomers. Makes me wonder if they’ve genuinely overreached...

James

• Upvote 4

I think they have their pricing spot on. Its a designer brand so to speak and people will pay. 

• Like 1

I used to, religiously and unfailingly, buy every PMDG product as soon as it hit the addon market. Rising prices? Rude, dismissive treatment on their fora? No matter, from the airliners they released for Terminal Reality's Fly! to their offerings for FS9 - they released it, I bought it. 

Some years ago, I realized something: No matter how much they claim that their addons are "ultra realistic", "every this that and the third modeled", "licensed by Boeing and the United Nations", "40 manuals included", etc. - there is nothing more unrealistic and toylike than flying a commercial Jet in a sim. There is no sense of 3d immersion; there is no one in the left seat, and - most importantly - the likelihood of me getting the necessary qualifications to ever fly one of these things has always been 0.

For me, a large chunk of immersion comes from the feeling that I COULD realistically be flying a GA aircraft. (prop or jet). Over the years this has become so strong a requirement, that I completely abandoned all the commercial aircraft in my hangar. Airbus, Boeing, even my beloved 787 - consigned to the scrap heap.

So, when PMDG, FSLabs, etc. announce their upcoming toys for MSFS 2020, I feel......nothing. 

My opinion. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I used to, religiously and unfailingly, buy every PMDG product as soon as it hit the addon market. Rising prices? Rude, dismissive treatment on their fora? No matter, from the airliners they released for Terminal Reality's Fly! to their offerings for FS9 - they released it, I bought it. 

Some years ago, I realized something: No matter how much they claim that their addons are "ultra realistic", "every this that and the third modeled", "licensed by Boeing and the United Nations", "40 manuals included", etc. - there is nothing more unrealistic and toylike than flying a commercial Jet in a sim. There is no sense of 3d immersion; there is no one in the left seat, and - most importantly - the likelihood of me getting the necessary qualifications to ever fly one of these things has always been 0.

For me, a large chunk of immersion comes from the feeling that I COULD realistically be flying a GA aircraft. (prop or jet). Over the years this has become so strong a requirement, that I completely abandoned all the commercial aircraft in my hangar. Airbus, Boeing, even my beloved 787 - consigned to the scrap heap.

So, when PMDG, FSLabs, etc. announce their upcoming toys for MSFS 2020, I feel......nothing. 

My opinion. 

Try FS2Crew. It really brings the immersion factor up about 20 notches. Bonus points if you use FSCaptain alongside it.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

18 minutes ago, sanh said:

I think they have their pricing spot on. Its a designer brand so to speak and people will pay. 

Not really. Designer Brands are largely marketing nonsense, they are rarely significantly better in terms of what they offer. It's not really comparable to what PMDG does, which unlike the notion of a designer brand, is genuinely of a higher level of quality.

The notion of designer brands is one which always makes me laugh, as though clothes below a certain price level did not actually require designing, by a designer, instead somehow just magically coming into existence. Also hilarious is the idea that posh brands of clothing are made in some special dedicated 'posh clothes factory', instead of the truth, which is they are made via contract at machine shops which make the cheap clothes too, on the same machines, by the same people.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Addons are optional not compulsory, but if no third party had supported FSX it would have died years ago.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

there is nothing more unrealistic and toylike than flying a commercial Jet in a sim.

Yep, I realized that as well. That's why I mostly fly the Milviz King Air 350i these days. It can be flown by a single pilot if he has the proper training, and the Milviz model is truly excellent. 

Peter

40 minutes ago, sanh said:

I thought their prices were probably too low and was wondering if they could find a way to justify an increase.  It is always easier to decrease prices than it is to increase them.  If they aren't decreasing their prices, then they're meeting their sales goals.

I like the use of the term "designer brand" here.  Those kinds of items are generally of a somewhat higher quality than the run-of-the-mill products you can buy without a designer label.  Quality costs, and some people like paying extra for the brand.  Others just prefer paying extra for the quality and don't care about the label.

Louis Vuitton, for example, is MUCH higher quality than the knock-offs you can buy.  Same with Rolex.  A lot depends on whether you're going for the quality, or the image.  Some people will actually downplay the brand if you notice and comment on it.  They're all about the quality.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;