Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Is the new PMDG 737NGXu worth the 99$ as an update to my 737NGX?

1 hour ago, pvupilot said:

PMDG has stated they expect the NG3 to be $139.99

If this is true I'd buy the NGXu since it's only a $40.00 upgrade while using the newest Prepare 3d edition of their product. I really don't think this is realistic.

24 minutes ago, Shug said:

The day of the $200 add-on edges ever closer.

Getting the full series from FSL will cost $240 once the 321 comes out

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Getting the full series from FSL will cost $240 once the 321 comes out

Did FSL charge for the FSX to P3D version upgrade? I never had the FSX version.

I haven't flown my PMDG 737 since FSX, but was there a charge from FSX to P3D to P3D v4.5 (ie 3 charges) by PMDG?

Just wondering since I started late with the FSL and didn't upgrade my PMDG 737.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

32 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Did FSL charge for the FSX to P3D version upgrade? I never had the FSX version.

I haven't flown my PMDG 737 since FSX, but was there a charge from FSX to P3D to P3D v4.5 (ie 3 charges) by PMDG?

Just wondering since I started late with the FSL and didn't upgrade my PMDG 737.

yep  there  was  a  new  price  from  fsx  to p3d  for  fsl

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, SP2472 said:

If this is true I'd buy the NGXu since it's only a $40.00 upgrade while using the newest Prepare 3d edition of their product. I really don't think this is realistic.

Over on their forums in a topic they posted yesterday, they state “We anticipate NG3 going to market at around $139.99. NGXu is priced at $99.99. If you purchase NGXu, you will only be charged $40 at that time, while new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99.”

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

So as a small intermediate result is to say that it is only worthwhile with regard to the MSFS.

When X-Plane came out, that did not mean I threw away my P3d. I continue to use both (P3D 90%, X-Plane 10%). It's the same with MSFS. I will continue to use P3D with all the purchased airports, sceneries, planes and add-ons.

So the (only) advantage at this time is that I can use the PMDG 737 in both simulators later, P3D and MSFS - and the whole for the bundle price of the announced $140. Luckily I have time to think it over until Christmas.

And I'm sure I will buy the FSX update 2020 (lol), but keep my P3D.

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

They claim they rewrote the code under the hood...it does not fell like it. The NGXu has IMHO just a better look and sound + new features like EFB.

It's worth the upgade if you think about investing in MSFS.... . I'm dissapointed with my buy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

7 hours ago, Shug said:

The day of the $200 add-on edges ever closer.

Basing that figure using my currency, it is well over that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, pvupilot said:

Over on their forums in a topic they posted yesterday, they state “We anticipate NG3 going to market at around $139.99. NGXu is priced at $99.99. If you purchase NGXu, you will only be charged $40 at that time, while new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99.”

I fail to understand how they can even estimate a price when they're not in possession of an SDK and know how much work is involved in the conversion. Unless of course they have been supplied with some information that helps them come to a decision. To charge aprox only $40 more perhaps suggests the MFS20 engine will not be that different to the existing ESP one. Curious.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It seems a rediculous price in my opinion. If this was a brand new, NGX built from the ground up, then sure, but surely most of the design and research work has already been done with the original NGX.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

3 hours ago, Raller said:

It's the same with MSFS. I will continue to use P3D

Providing that everything looks and works as in the MSFS trailers, it may be really hard to continue with P3D once we get into this insanely looking world.
Sorry for a little OT.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rafal said:

Providing that everything looks and works as in the MSFS trailers, it may be really hard to continue with P3D once we get into this insanely looking world.
Sorry for a little OT.

I agree here 😎

• Like 1

André

3 hours ago, Rafal said:

Sorry for a little OT.

I will just avoid YouTube and restrict myself to only visit this forum only 😁

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

4 hours ago, Rafal said:

Sorry for a little OT.

No seasons is a huge buzzkill!! I’m sure it will come eventually though.
And if the past has any merit, it will be a system hog just as all the others were when released....Just playing devils advocate here that’s all. Getting off topic though..

as for if it’s worth it, I was so sure I was gonna purchase the new ngx when released, but after seeing it in action not sure anymore...I may just jump into the PMDG 777 instead, still undecided.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
To get back on topic

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.