Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

It's Starting!

Surprised no one has just played it safe.  Something like....Maybe I'm in, Maybe I'm not.   Maybe you all will never know for sure. 

Join the drip tease feed marketing wagon. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

5 hours ago, mSparks said:

You don't "start work on the console version" with UWP. the PC version is the console version.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft-flight-simulator/pc

That doesn't mean what you apparently believe it does. With regards to Project Scarlet, that is the hardware and it's still under development. The actual MSFS software however will require some amount of refactoring to work seamlessly with the new hardware, despite the hardware being based on Win10.

ASOBO has stated firmly and frequently that they will not even begin working on the XBox version of MSFS until the PC version is locked down, stable and ready for Gold release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

35 minutes ago, n4gix said:

The actual MSFS software  however will require some amount of refactoring to work seamlessly with the new hardware

uwp

not

msfs2020

This is where gamepass comes in, "built for gamepass" = "UWP", this is why/how you can run all the xbox games you own on PC (and Spencer with his new Scarlett box) with gamepass, developers don't need to make any changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform

Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is an API created by Microsoft and first introduced in Windows 10. The purpose of this platform is to help develop universal apps that run on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox One and HoloLens without the need to be re-written for each.

There is however a significant shift needed by MS (enable cheating and piracy) if you expect any kind of community mods, which is the MSFS2020 relevant quote I pasted. Because right now you cant mod gamepass games.

(as I understand it/aiui)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

That is precisely my point. Currently the MSFS software is written and is being optimized exclusively for the PC.

Some time after MSFS is released, ASOBO will begin working on the XBox version that will comply with UWP, as stated by ASOBO themselves.

And yes, it will create some additional hurdles for third-party developers to contend with. Further I cannot say being under NDA of course. All of the above is public facing information.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It doesnt require gamepass?

mod support has been promised for a while, just never delivered afaik.

http://www.thegamer.com/pc-xbox-game-pass-games-finally-getting-mod-support/amp/

Asobo were most likely talking about a plan to back port to xbox one and maybe ps4 imho. I very much doubt that actually happens, wont make business sense once project scarlett is ga.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

On 12/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, Evros said:

I remember seeing some public boilerplate NDA looking thing on their website once but I can't seem to be able to even find it again now. Other than that, there has been no NDA forwarded to participants, or at least me.

Ya I just got email from them saying tech alpha is starting they will be sending it out in WAVES

Spencer actually announced earlier this year that they were going to start moving away from UWP for future Xbox Game Studios releases, around the same time they started bringing games to Steam again.

2 hours ago, Aviationgeek said:

Ya I just got email from them saying tech alpha is starting they will be sending it out in WAVES

At least now if its delayed 6 months no one will complain.

29 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Spencer actually announced earlier this year that they were going to start moving away from UWP for future Xbox Game Studios releases, around the same time they started bringing games to Steam again.

strange. that differs from what they were promising at E3.

before or after that announce?

At this point im kinda assuming it will be "xbox 2020" exclusive. (yes I know this isnt what Asobo promised, I dont have to believe MS management was honest with them, especially after the dev interview)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Project Scarlett prototype must be out Phil Spencer posted on twitter that he has just received one, I suspect Asobo will have them by now as well. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

At this point im kinda assuming it will be "xbox 2020" exclusive. (yes I know this isnt what Asobo promised, I dont have to believe MS management was honest with them, especially after the dev interview)

Your assuming flight simulator will be Xbox 2020 exclusive??

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

As someone who just read about 30 pages of the toxic dumpster fire that is the MSFS thread on x-plane.org for the first time, truly I'm shocked that this is your take.

• Like 4

Omg.. For goodness sake, now what is Xbox 2020?

This guy is really over the top! 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

Heads Up.   This person is a known Troll of MSFS on another flight sim website. Also known to pollute threads with categorically false disinformation about flight models, graphics and technology in general.  Recommend to Ban immediately.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 6

Can anyone sign up ? when I click on Accept "Xbox" stuff it gives an error 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

24 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Can anyone sign up ? when I click on Accept "Xbox" stuff it gives an error 

It has been the case for me for months, until....

until I used the Edge browser. Coincidence ? Go figure.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam